T-5 reviews and suggestion

FlyinNumb

420 Member
Hey guys. Looking to move back to the states in a few month s and going to get a room started for tomatoes until I retire from the service. Trying to do my homework and do it right the first time. My room will be in the attic and want to go with T5s. Been looking at all the new ones and I am trying to figure out which way to go. Here are the ones I am looking at. I plan on building the room to work with the light and would be doing a max of probably 4 plants. Considering heat, piece to run and lumens. Let me know what you think.

1. SunBlaze VHO
2. PLL-55
3. GrowBright
4. Quantum bad boy.

Thanks for your thoughts.

A t-5 is a t-5. There is no difference between brands. I would find one that fits your budget best. You can expect much lower yeilds and very fluffy, non-compact flowers with the t-5. You will want 6400-6700 for veg and 3000-3300 for flower. That is the colors the light put out. You can find everything you need at most hardware stores or buy online for about the same price. They still make heat and use alot of power once you get enough of them so if that is your reason for getting them I would look at more of a 400-600 watt hps. Most of the pro's veg on t-5 only and switch to hps after 12-12 flip. Good luck

I have the SunBlaze VHO, 8 bulb unit, 400watts, cost like 150. Great buy. But, i do think they are all basically the same the rebranded. Typical with a lot of things. I love mine. I had an array of bulbs, some set up safe, some not so much. This one unit I have now is much safer and the plants I've had under them love it.

good luck

I would think a 350-400 watt at the wall led, would be a lot better than 8-54 watt HO T-5s... a Mars-2 700 watt would be a good fit for 4 plants..... I don't own one, but those who do seem satisfied with the results they get... for the most part...

Just a quick search of flea bay and I found one of those mars lights for 350. So, almost triple the cost of the T5, and the light spectrum I would think is pretty much the same. So, after figuring in the time to recoup that investment,,, what is better about the LED over the T5 for veg. Maybe that mars light can do bloom also, that might make it better,,

I'm curious though where you're coming from,, thanks!

Too many damn options for lights. Lol. I don't get the LEDs. Do you have to flip a switch to switch to red or is it already there??

With that Sunblaze I was looking at says 95w per 4 bulbs. Clearly I need to go back to the drawing board. I saw the guy on here do the grow with the Bad Boy and thought this may be a new step up from it.

At least I have some time to save up for all this shit!! Lol. Thanks for the inputs.

mmm, like i said, i don't have a mars light, although i'm giving a 185 watt at the wall led a test run to see what they can do...... Still leaning toward hid... I just bought a Sun systems 315 watt lec.. It pretty much kicks butt in it's watt range... There's a few impressive led threads here, like this one.... About about as inexpensive an led as you can get... Jack's Smack - Critical Kush - Chocolope in Hydro

64-66--RA- Pfc to E-5, 3 mo. 18 day, oh lucky me...

Back
Top Bottom