LED lighting & HPS

wilson2

hi ive been using 2 mars II 900 for a couple of years now, have tried different strains but never experienced the yield I got from hps. The buds were good to smoke but were light. The last few grows I have used 2 400hps lights as supplemental lighting to the mars, I run 1 for 4hrs shining from the left side, and the other for 4hrs shining from the right. giving a total of 8hrs extra light in the middle of the flowering day. The hps also run off a thermostat so on real hot days they wouldnt come on at all. The yield has increased by about a 1/3rd and the buds are dense and heavy. I believe the result is better than when I ran hps only, as the plants are covered in resin which seems typical for leds. I dont have the heat issues I had with hps, or the stretching, I can now grow during the day (which hides my heat signature) and because Im powering my household with solar panels the electrical smart meter cant pick up my electrical signature .:thumb:
I posted this in the mars led thread as well

re: LED lighting & HPS

I had the same experience. My grows with MH and HPS produce nice results,after seeing the hype about MARS Leds I bought 3 192 x 3 reflector's. The results were not very good and we ended up putting the 1000 watt HPS in with 2 of the reflectors to finish up the grow.

re: LED lighting & HPS

i like the fact of LED easy on the hydro bill less heat and good for stealth grows but HPS is the way to go for rock hard buds

Most growers exaggerate the power of LEDs,we recommend watt for watt replacement(draw power,but not the maximum power).So some growers can not grow great with LED grow light for this reason,and someone else are lacking of LED experience,they can grow great as well.But growers pay much attention to the grow result,so they mix LEDS with HPS to take advantages of both lights,big flower ,quality flower comes

Back
Top Bottom