Maximize lighting potential 12x12 room

Joeyspeaks

I am starting a new 12x12 flowering room. I have experience I don't feel like going thru it with you guys but 5 grows with shitty equipment. I hope that doesn't offend anyone last forum people were upset. I have always ran hand me down equipment and never tried to maximize yield just grow and see how it goes. This time I am trying to take things serious on the parts side of the matter. I have always grown solid pot but have never killed it with yields in bigger rooms closets i have hit home runs in but not bigger rooms. I am looking to crush this go with large yields like everyone else.

So i am trying to figure out how to maximize my yield with my lighting set up. I am either choosing the Gavitas, nanolux, or dimlux DE fixtures. I will be running CO2. I am thinking I will do a DWC system not 100% I may still do ebb and flow trays. Either way I can not figure out how to set up the lights to maximize the room.

Any input is appreciated. I haven't seen good info on set up of these types of lights to maximize light spread etc. Should I go all 1000watts or 600watts etc. 8640watts will give me 60watts a square foot do I want more? The grow space is 12x12 I have accounted for all the other stuff water chiller, humidifier, ac, etc.

I am not worried about cost just high yield.

I have read somewhere that 3x 600w outperforms 2x 1000w. I think it was Jorge Cervantes that said this, but from my knowledge, 600w hid is more efficient in lumens/watt than the 1000w. Also, with 600w, you have more flexibility to move the lights around so you will cover more shade than the 1000w. Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom