Is this worth it with lighting?

rameraze

Good afternoon Fellow enthusiast.

I am currently growing 7 plants, 4 C99 and 3 crown royals (one is on her last 2 weeks of flowering) the rest have 4 to 5 weeks left to flower. My room is about 5 x 6. I currently have a 1000W MH I use for flowering. A little while ago I purchased a 600W LED. MY question is this. Is it worth using both of these lights for flowering? I just dont want to not use the LED light and If I can use both to increase yields or will it make a difference. I am still quite new to this whole thing as this is my 2nd grow.

:thanks:

You have a 30 ft.² space being lit by a 1kW MH (assuming you meant feet instead of meters, lol) - that's only ~33.3 watts per ft.², which I'd consider sub-par for flowering especially if your strains have any sativa genetics in them and like a fair amount of light. Definitely throw the LED in there, too. Even if it actually draws 600 watts (does it?), that's not going to be too much light for the space. You could probably add even more. Several years ago, a friend was growing in a space that size and he used four 600-watt HPS. Wall-to-wall buds, lol.

You have a 30 ft.² space being lit by a 1kW MH (assuming you meant feet instead of meters, lol) - that's only ~33.3 watts per ft.², which I'd consider sub-par for flowering especially if your strains have any sativa genetics in them and like a fair amount of light. Definitely throw the LED in there, too. Even if it actually draws 600 watts (does it?), that's not going to be too much light for the space. You could probably add even more. Several years ago, a friend was growing in a space that size and he used four 600-watt HPS. Wall-to-wall buds, lol.

Thank you for the input. I added the LED and well see what happens over the next few days. Hopefully I see an improvement. I just subscribed to your journal. I cant wait too see more of what your going to do with all those seeds.

I just subscribed to your journal.

The more, the merrier. You are welcome to contribute, be it by offering suggestions/advice or by asking questions.

I cant wait too see more of what your going to do with all those seeds.

It will be a small grow. I was actually only interested in two strains (Serious Seeds' Kali Mist and Sensi Seeds' Jack Herer), but a bunch of freebies decided to escape the seedbank by stowing away in the package (lol). I decided to germinate one of those (Barney's Farm's Pineapple Chunk) too. I fear it will get pretty crowded.

I have not had a grow in several years - and they were just small personal grows for several years before that - so I hope I do not end up embarrassing myself. Wish me luck. (And good luck to you, of course!)

The more, the merrier. You are welcome to contribute, be it by offering suggestions/advice or by asking questions.

It will be a small grow. I was actually only interested in two strains (Serious Seeds' Kali Mist and Sensi Seeds' Jack Herer), but a bunch of freebies decided to escape the seedbank by stowing away in the package (lol). I decided to germinate one of those (Barney's Farm's Pineapple Chunk) too. I fear it will get pretty crowded.

Extra seeds are always nice. This is my 2nd grow. My first was just a lone Crown Royal strain. I just wanted to see how things went. Now I have 4 C99 and 3 Crown Royals on the grow. THe first sucked ass, however I learned and wont make those mistakes again. Im glad I had only used one plant and all of them firstly. I cant wait to smoke some of that love.

I also took a look at that site and it seems nice. Ive been interested in trying Jack Herer. Maybe on my next grow after the White widow x big bud I will tackle JH.
20160511_130818.jpg

Good afternoon Fellow enthusiast.

I am currently growing 7 plants, 4 C99 and 3 crown royals (one is on her last 2 weeks of flowering) the rest have 4 to 5 weeks left to flower. My room is about 5 x 6. I currently have a 1000W MH I use for flowering. A little while ago I purchased a 600W LED. MY question is this. Is it worth using both of these lights for flowering? I just dont want to not use the LED light and If I can use both to increase yields or will it make a difference. I am still quite new to this whole thing as this is my 2nd grow.

:thanks:
More light, more buds!

Back
Top Bottom