New to LED give me your thoughts on my theories

No Pain

Hello all.
Okay so I have done a lot of reading and searching . It appears that growing with led's is cost effective and efficient but will require one to relearn the grow so to speak.
No I have read plenty of post in regards to light height and the intensity of led light. I will be growing in a 2x4x6 tent with a galaxy hydro 9 band 600w led . I will be growing my babies in a DIY high pressure aero system with nozzles that have a flow rate of 3gph and a 50 micron mist. I will be using 4 nozzles in a 50 gallon tote with 4 plants Sitting on top of a 27 gallon runoff tote ( low profile) with a spray cycle of 1 sec on 5 min off.

Now this grow will be completely new to me as I'm just now getting back into the saddle again. Prior to this I used an Aeroflow20 with 1200 w hps / mh lighting. With great results.

Now here are my questions.
1. Based on my reading and the opinion I have drawn is that in the seedling stage I should start them of with a lower amount of led light so that the get acclimated to this rich light spectrum. What are your thoughts ?

2. I haven't decided if I'm going to mainline them or just top them and train them to grow along a homemade trellis ( a grid per say) either way I am looking and covering the top of this tub with nothing but vertical growling flowing shoots. Any thoughts ?

3. Since the light spectrum is so rich and it seems that in the veg stage the plants can't keep up with the amount of growth they can achieve because of available nutes . I am hoping that a hps aero system will offset this along with my thought of not recycling nutes . The reason for this is with the spray cycle it will take about 4 days to go through 3 gallons of solution. And I figure that if it's constantly a fresh set of nutes that they get it will also offset the ability to achieve maximum grown in minimum time. What are your thoughts ?

Strains that will be grown are CKS white widow,green crack and blueberry.

Thank you for taking the time to read my lengthy post and I welcome all input as knowledge is power :) .

Should have two switches use the one with more blues until they are veggin nicely

Scrog them ladies for return

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using 420

Most people run both lights/switches on in veg and flower. Some the fan will only cool the LED if both are on. just make sure to research it a little. I run a T5 in veg and Led's in flower. All switches on go in flower... I actually am running my T5 at 50% in veg as it is way overpowered and heat is close to being an issue. I ran HPS and there is nothing like it compared to my LED's but only if you can manage that heat. All my opinion but I don't ever see me going back to HPS again.

Welcome NP

:peace:

FE

:welcome: to :420:!

This sounds like a pretty neat setup. We just got some leds a couple days ago. Have been using MH and HPS. Kinda curious on the aero system, so I think I will tag along if you don't mind. :popcorn:

Thank you. I am very interested to put my theories to the test. You are more that welcome to tag along. I will be starting a journal for this and will post the link in this thread.

Should have two switches use the one with more blues until they are veggin nicely

Scrog them ladies for return

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using 420

Mine does not have two switches only one , on and off. I do believe I will be doing a mainline Scrog with these ladies . Some of my reasearch just on a hp aero system shows a tremendous rate of growth. I.E seedling stage growing up to what seems to be an inch or more a day!

Most people run both lights/switches on in veg and flower. Some the fan will only cool the LED if both are on. just make sure to research it a little. I run a T5 in veg and Led's in flower. All switches on go in flower... I actually am running my T5 at 50% in veg as it is way overpowered and heat is close to being an issue. I ran HPS and there is nothing like it compared to my LED's but only if you can manage that heat. All my opinion but I don't ever see me going back to HPS again.

Welcome NP

:peace:

FE
Based on what I have seen other places and here I believe I will be feeling the same way about my Led.

I apologize for the late responses as I'm new here and I have been doing a lot and I mean a lot of reading

I run all my LEDs on all the time. Veg switch is just less light than bloom, don't need the veg switch.

To acclimatize the plants to the light - not necessary. No one Dims the sun for your new plants outside either ;-)

Any hydro system will give the plants all the nutrients they can handle. They will take it in as fast as they can. Easy tip of your reservoir ppms are climbing then your nutrient level is too high and the plant is taking out more water than nutrients. If your ppm levels are dropping then you have too little nutrients. If they stay about the same then they are about optimized. As for training you want plants as wide and flat as you can. You should fill the whole area the light covers with even height tops and have the light as close as possible to it. Don't grow a one cola natural plant as yield will be terrible.

What is the real watts draw of your light?

Check out my journal in my sig, you can see how flat my plants are and I am doing a tutorial on FIM and HST to show how to optimize for yeild. Hope that helps.

Here's a picture of my flat plants at 3 weeks bloom to see what I mean:
image13039.jpeg

Note my LEDs are on a mover so they travel back and forth that is why the light does not look even in the picture but it is :cool:

Very cool set up and while I don't have much to add, I will stick around for the link so I can watch. Unless it is in your signature...... hmmm.

-Vape

Very cool set up and while I don't have much to add, I will stick around for the link so I can watch. Unless it is in your signature...... hmmm.

-Vape

Thank you . I think it's going to be very interesting . I am still waiting on components to finish my hp aero system . As soon as they arrive I will start a journal and post the link here .

I run all my LEDs on all the time. Veg switch is just less light than bloom, don't need the veg switch.

To acclimatize the plants to the light - not necessary. No one Dims the sun for your new plants outside either ;-)

Any hydro system will give the plants all the nutrients they can handle. They will take it in as fast as they can. Easy tip of your reservoir ppms are climbing then your nutrient level is too high and the plant is taking out more water than nutrients. If your ppm levels are dropping then you have too little nutrients. If they stay about the same then they are about optimized. As for training you want plants as wide and flat as you can. You should fill the whole area the light covers with even height tops and have the light as close as possible to it. Don't grow a one cola natural plant as yield will be terrible.

What is the real watts draw of your light?

Check out my journal in my sig, you can see how flat my plants are and I am doing a tutorial on FIM and HST to show how to optimize for yeild. Hope that helps.

Here's a picture of my flat plants at 3 weeks bloom to see what I mean:
image13039.jpeg

Note my LEDs are on a mover so they travel back and forth that is why the light does not look even in the picture but it is :cool:

My lamp is a 600w led true draw is a tad under 300 I am thinking of adding another one . As for the ppm level , I'm going to have to go off of plant growth and what little runoff I should have . The way the system will be set up it will take a 15 days to run through 3.2 gallons of solution.

Since my original post I purchased a light meter as I put my seedlings under a 12 what led and tips started to burn . I have the light at a distance so they are getting about 30k lux and they are seeming to enjoy it. Oddly enough I turned on my big led and tested the lux at recommended Hieght from plants and it was ready around 30k lux also.

Back
Top Bottom