1000W Gavita or 2x 600W SunSystems 4x8 tent?

GreenMachinee

Hey everyone! I think the title is pretty self explanatory, but basically my question is this... Im setting up a 4x8 grow tent and have the option of using one 1000W Gavita Pro Double Ended or using two 600W SunSystems Single ended. My fear with the Gavita is that I will not be able to keep it high enough above the canopy to avoid giving the ladies too much light (this 1000W is pretty damn bright :icon_cool ). The tent is 7'7" high. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you everyone in advance! :Namaste:

Your height is high enough depending on how you grow. I really like DE lights. I use two in a 7 foot high room so it can be done.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Are you going to get even coverage with a 1kW in a 4' x 8' tent? You almost certainly would with a pair of 600-watt lights. And maybe more gross illumination (IDK, I haven't looked at Gavita in a while).

Have you got a light mover? That'd take care of any footprint mismatch - and allow you to get the light closer to the tops of your plants without burning/bleaching them.

In a tent I wouldn't use a gavita. In my small space I'm using AC/DE 1000s.

420-magazine-mobile1666115861.jpg

Sun System AC/DE HPS PAR Test - YouTube

You can air cool them and remove the glass! .

I'm getting two more next week!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Gavitas are notoriously very hot, could be a challenge in a tent. On a light mover, that could be extremely efficient though. One other thought is that with 2 600w's if one were to go out, you could limp along until you got a new bulb (or ballast). With 1 Gavita, if you lose its power somehow, you could be up shit creek without a paddle......

Good luck in whatever you choose!

-Vape

Hey GreenMachinee I was thinking on setting up a 4' x 8' tent myself and plan on getting 2 Sun System LEC 630 Watt 8" Air-Cooled fixtures. How are your heat levels in your 4' x 3' tent using 315 LEC, do you have to exhaust or use AC a lot?
I changed the whole plan and built a 4x3 tent and I went out and got a sunsystems LEC 315. Really happy with how everything turned out. Thank you everyone for the help!

Heat is not much of an issue. right now my tent doesnt have intake and exhaust but ill be adding those soon. i leave the tent door cracked with a fan circulating the air inside and it hasnt passed 90. but on the hotter days since it is in the garage ill need the air flow from an intake fan and just a hole at the top to exhaust will work just fine for me.

and yeah luckiest man, they are awesome lights! i love mine

Hey GreenMachinee I was thinking on setting up a 4' x 8' tent myself and plan on getting 2 Sun System LEC 630 Watt 8" Air-Cooled fixtures. How are your heat levels in your 4' x 3' tent using 315 LEC, do you have to exhaust or use AC a lot?

I looked at those and was impressed, but if one bulb goes out it stinks... would encouarge you to use the 315's .. I have 3 now in a 4x8 and love the results.. just my 2 cents..

The best one and the one I have is the SunSystems LEC 315watt. Company is SunSystems, they are based out of Washington state. It came with a 2 year warranted (voided if dropped of course) and im not sure if you would get that warranty if you purchased online or not... If I were you I would go into your local indoor grow shop and pick one up for around $500

Back
Top Bottom