Switching light types during grow?

Kbomb

Hi everyone,

Only have a few little grows under my belt, using 2ft T5 lights. Some success, since I consider any grow of any reasonable quality medicine a success!

I have now got some new LED lights - the small G.O.D-1 lights from budmaster and am keen to give them a go (only small grows, 1-3 plants max in a home-built growbox)

Questions:
1. Are LED lights generally ok to start from seedling? I have read many threads of people encountering difficulty in terms of under/over-doing it on the fragile little beauties with LED.

2. Based on that assumption (i.e not good to start with LED), would it be reasonable to start them off with T5 as previous, and switch to the LEDs once they are more established e.g 4 or 5 nodes into growth? Would this be detrimental do you think?

Planning on trying my hand at some autos next so I want to ensure I don't stress them out in any way, in order to maximise yield.

Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom!

Thanks Serpent,

Was just a bit worried as I thought i'd previously read somewhere (though I can't find the threads/posts now!) that switching light types during growth was not a good idea, so i'm glad to hear you do it effectively.

I won't be transplanting these as they are autos, but figured i'd go with a tried and tested method and use my T5s to put over them once they pop and get them a little more robust before hitting them with the LEDs.

I do it all the time T5 or CFL for clones and seeds. you'll be fine just don't feed the little ones for two weeks they pack food in the seed after two weeks go easy on the first feeding keep up the good work

Back
Top Bottom