Let's revisit LED lights for the newbies - Me

keechkush

Ok...so i dont want to spend $800 or so dollars for a bank of lights that cost maybe 200 to put together...any ideas from anybody? the right type of led to build your own? or a cheaper way to build or buy these lights....my grow tent is only 2X4 im using T5 fluorescents along with spiral cool bulbs which work ok nice medium sized buds lots of crystals... my purple kush and white widow tasted nice and were very good...i have another PK and WW along with a Green crack flowering at the moment...but my Veg state could have been better..i tried more intense lights 100 WTT lights but burned up a new crop of newborns... Too hot...so sad.....any ideas?...sorry that was 2-T12's and 2 regular 4 ft fluorescents for flowering

Re: lets revisit LED lights for the newbies...(ME)

Ok...so i dont want to spend $800 or so dollars for a bank of lights that cost maybe 200 to put together...any ideas from anybody? the right type of led to build your own? or a cheaper way to build or buy these lights....my grow tent is only 2X4 im using T5 fluorescents along with spiral cool bulbs which work ok nice medium sized buds lots of crystals... my purple kush and white widow tasted nice and were very good...i have another PK and WW along with a Green crack flowering at the moment...but my Veg state could have been better..i tried more intense lights 100 WTT lights but burned up a new crop of newborns... Too hot...so sad.....any ideas?...sorry that was 2-T12's and 2 regular 4 ft fluorescents for flowering

where do you live? canada, usa?

I have found a lot of full spectrum LED grow lights on AliExpress. They have 300w Mars hydro lights (I don't know if they are fake) but they all have a tonne of good reviews with people even posting those lights in their marijuana grow room. Hope this helps,I might buy one of these lights soon because they are really cheap even for a 600w led.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using 420

Mars 300 is our old model,please do not worry,it's not fake.:high-five:
I have found a lot of full spectrum LED grow lights on AliExpress. They have 300w Mars hydro lights (I don't know if they are fake) but they all have a tonne of good reviews with people even posting those lights in their marijuana grow room. Hope this helps,I might buy one of these lights soon because they are really cheap even for a 600w led.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using 420

I have 2 mars 300's that I started my veggies under this year. Moved some tomatoes to another spot under a 250 watt cfl which did a hell of a lot better than the ones under the mars. I started vegging my current plants under the mars(was planning on giving them away) once I turned the mars off and a 400 MH on and it was a night and day difference. They took off fast under the MH. I haven't tried a full grow with them yet, but with what I have seen so far from them I'm pretty sure it would be a disappointment. They say you save energy from not having to use extraction fans ? Well you're going to use one with a filter anyway, might as well hook it to an air cooled hood and be done. Watch some youtube videos and learn to make your own LED. I'm in the process of doing that now...

I've just replaced some Mars lights with some DIY COB LED's that I bought as a kit and built myself, much less heat, much more light and the plants are loving them. There are two types in my current journal (in my signature), some are prebuilt in Canada and I have to say are amazing, and then there are those that I recently built myself, they're looking good too.

I can pm details if needed, just let me know :thumb:

Ceramic Metal Halides with air cooled hoods, or White COB LED lights...

Back
Top Bottom