Best LED if money was no issue

rastamamma

Hi pros,

I am a noob that with 4 successful grows in a 4x4 tent. I have tried 250W MH and HPS, 400w, 600w and now an apollo 10 led. I am not looking wor weight but rather quality. I grow 100 organic with fresh worm castings and teas.

My dream is to be able to grow the best and most tasty ganja one day. I am saving for the best led money can buy.

Please advise, what would you put in a 4x4 if you would want to grow even the most light-demanding sativas?

Apologies if the question has been before...

//RM

IMO, it's the Budmaster white COB panels. They're spendy but solid with a long deep reputation, and white COBs are the most efficient source available. Powerful, cool and solid. :slide:

Timber LED is also selling individual COB kits right now. If it were me and cost wasn't a big concern, I'd get a bunch of those and do a broad overhead grid - great dispersion that way! I'm working on a DIY COB design with 16 COBs.

site seems to be down....

site seems to be down....

I literally just came from there ... lemme check the link ...

Nope, they both work fine for me ... :hmmmm:

... sometimes you have to refresh after a post to make the links work ...

my bad..its working...

I am trying to wrap my head around his....so...how come 4 CXB3590 COBS equals 300w and 6 CXB3690 COBs also equals 300W? Do they have any housings or how do I mount these?

Prices seem to be quite reasonable compared to heliospectra for example 2000 usd...:-(

my bad..its working...

I am trying to wrap my head around his....so...how come 4 CXB3590 COBS equals 300w and 6 CXB3690 COBs also equals 300W? Do they have any housings or how do I mount these?

Prices seem to be quite reasonable compared to heliospectra for example 2000 usd...:-(

They're driven at different amps. One uses a 1400ma driver for 50W each, and the other is 2100ma for 75W each. Both drivers are dimmable to 10%, too, so you can size the dispersion and intensity for your space. They can be easily bolted to a L-bracket frame.

The prices are roughly double the cost of a DIY, but the components are top grade.

You can check out our Mars Pro II Cree256 mars hydro led grow light-CREE256S
ProII256.png

:Namaste:The Mars Pro series is smarter, sleeker, and more powerful than anything we have ever created before.Many customers like this light.:high-five:
Hi pros,

I am a noob that with 4 successful grows in a 4x4 tent. I have tried 250W MH and HPS, 400w, 600w and now an apollo 10 led. I am not looking wor weight but rather quality. I grow 100 organic with fresh worm castings and teas.

My dream is to be able to grow the best and most tasty ganja one day. I am saving for the best led money can buy and have looked at following:

- California Lightworks SolarStorm 440
- Heliospectra LX601
- MarsHydro MarsPro II Cree256
- Amare SolarEclipse 450 UVB
- Black Dog Phytomax 600

Any other suggestions?

Please advise, what would you put in a 4x4 if you would want to grow even the most light-demanding sativas?

Apologies if the question has been before...

//RM

I can only mention :420: sponsors, so I won't make any recommendations on the best lights on the market right now, but I can give some advice.

Look for your PPF output, or umol/j of the light. This tells you how much light is being produced. And I usually ignore the companies that choose not to provide this information. (Like a Mars hydro) If they're hiding their total light output, it's probably for a good reason. I wouldn't want to go buy a light bulb without knowing the lumens, PPF is just that, but for plants.

Aim for a total PPF of 1200-1400 on the canopy for flowering in a 4'x4'. You can get this with 400-600w in timber kits(higher efficiency than any commercial fixture currently)

Knowing that price isn't a concern, you probably would have went a different route but I'm also plunging into hydro for the first time on a separate grow and shit got expensive quick.

Since you don't seem to be interested in weight, I won't bother you with details on that and just stick to flavor. Out of all the grows I've done, hands down best flavor came from foxfarm soil, 1/2 of the recommended nutes from the Ocean Forrest organic line, half led and half sunlight grow switching them out when the sun got too intense, and hi brix molasses. I had to use azamax to control critters but it's made of plant parts so obviously organic....maybe not by pure definition and I'm sure one of these guys will correct that but either way. It worked. Now I use sticky traps.

When talking about LED's, light spectrum coverage and PPF. Atulip pretty much nailed it. The reason I bring it up is because that favorite tasting strain I grew in that setup was Blue Dream from Humboldt which I bought from Herbie's Head Shop. I feel like I can't even give a straight answer if I'm bound by rules like that.

Hoping to pick up a used one, epspecially with this crazy heat we've been having. I was hoping to hold off until next spring. From what I can tell, the energy savings is only 20% switching to LED. But I don't use light with vents. It's killing my yields.

Thanx! Funny that you should mention Blue Dream from Humboldt....the led I am looking to purchase will be for my next grow....Blue Dream and Sour Diesel #2 from Humboldt :))

Well My Friend, I Have Some awesome News 4 U. I started Growing just a few short years ago & Via This SITE 420 I've learned More & the advice is more of a personal preference in which I ALWAYS AM OPEN 2 All Suggestions & Advice. I choose which is for me & vice versa. lol My First 3 Grows were in a Cabinet 2x2 with a 200 watt CFL. I, Like Yourself. Saved up for My NEW Set Up I Have just recently Purchased A 4x4 FusionHut/tent with the 900 Watt Mars Hydro II Full Spectrum LED. I'm not Professing to be A Master Grower However I NEVER- -Imagined That I'd be Growing THESE Kind Of Marijuana Plants! In My HOME None the LESS! As You can See from the Pics I'll attach from My Gallery to this Post. I'll be Upgrading to THE NEW Mars Pro 1000 Watt LED. It's got the Veg/Flower button & A Remote too.I Know Eh?
Anyways, My Cousin Also A Fellow Grower, Has said LED. I've Been Saving Since I First Laid Eyes On His Set Up. The SAVINGS In Hydro-
-ALONE will pay for itself in the first couple Grows. I paid $955.00 CAD for my COMPLETE SET UP.
-Includes- 6" inline Fan & Filter with Dryer Hose/vent hose & a speed control to adjust fan speed for Filtering EVEN the Stinkiest of Buds-
-CANNOT Be Smelt due to the Amazing Charcoal Filter. Also The 4x4 FusionHut tent too. OOPS lets NOT FORGET-
-the 900 Watt Mars II Hydro LED Eh! LMAO I'll attach a few pics of it here.
IMG_4345_1_.JPG
IMG_44163.JPG
IMG_43955.JPG
IMG_194321.JPG
IMG_194020.JPG

I Hope you Have The Greenest of Grows & the Heaviest of Harvest's

Sincerely: Don. :Namaste: :Namaste: :volcano-smiley: Hope I Could Help Brother Grower.

Thanx but given that I grow inside I would like to have something that replaces the sun :p

Back
Top Bottom