CFL Lamp/Lights - First Time Grower

towboattrash

Ok it's my first time growing. I have a 5 bulb flexible lamp. I have 5 clf's 100w 1600L & 5k
I can go from 2 lights-3 light to all 5 lights.

Is this setup any good ? Should I use all 5 ?
Any suggestions welcome.

I did a search on the forum, but there is so much info

Well no suggestions ?
I went and got the 100w 6500k cause it seems like everyone is doing the 6500k for a little while then switching to 2700k.

Use that bulb for your veg but when U switch to flower switch to the 2700k. I've been using 16 23watt 1500lumen 3500k for veg then switching to 16 23watt 1600lumen 2700k for flower. Same setup for 5 years now works awesome I find considering i cant afford led and hid is to much heat for my area

Will do. I been researching everything. Just want them to do good. And so far in my first week with 1 and just planted 5.
Now when it's time I need to learn what fertilizer to use.
I am a cancer patient and it's the only thing that helps.

agree with dr fish I did half and half last time nice and juicy have just the soft white this time doesn't seem to be doing as well but there are also a few other things I have done different. this was one of my widows from a few months ago
IMG_20160425_200028.jpg
IMG_20160425_080226.jpg
IMG_20160424_210116.jpg

Hi Tow,

I use LED for flower, but I am a BIG believer in CFL and Fluorescent for vegging. To start out, you want to use mostly high Kelvin - 6500, but for every 3 of these, you will want to use a 2700K. If you have 4 bulbs, one needs to be 2700. I like to surround my seedling with them using the Y shaped adapters you can buy in the electrical section at "the mart". I keep my bulbs about 1.5-2" from the plants. As the plants grow, you will need to expand the area covered by the bulbs, without placing them too far from the plant. The further they get from the plant, the less light the plants use. Cfls are gentle and are absolutely sufficient for a beginning to end grow, but they have NO ability to penetrate a canopy. You will need to place them around the sides of the plant as well as above. the underside of leaves do not absorb light for photosynthesis so you don't need any down that low. When you decide to make your switch to 12/12, you will want to change the Kelvin ratio. First change enough of the 6500K to give you a 50%-50% ratio of 6500 to 2700. After a week change the ratio to 3 2700s for every 1 6500 bulb.
I use LED for bloom because it is better light that produces better buds. BUT, a buddy of mine recently finished a NORTHER LIGHTS AUTO grow using only 6 - 23w CFL bulbs total through the entire grow. It took 130 days, but with only 6 bulbs he grew a 3' tall plant that produced 2 ounces.

Back
Top Bottom