Help - My 600 watt HID light is flickering

Jacobsenji

I have changed bulbs and removed timer and plugged in directly, A very faint flicker that is strobing about 120 reps a minute, Power at 50% light flickers 75 and 100 too.

any suggestions ?

I have changed bulbs and removed timer and plugged in directly, A very faint flicker that is strobing about 120 reps a minute, Power at 50% light flickers 75 and 100 too.

any suggestions ?

You shouldn't be plugging those bulbs in directly, not too sure what will happen but it could be meltdown lol. Are you saure it's not just the natural banding of HPS? I think it pulsates when I see HPS, hard to capture a picture of it without the dark matter

LOl I didn't plug it in directly. No, I took the timer out of the equation. But problem solved. It wasn't gettin enough juice to fire up properly. I had everything AC, timers, two hundred watts of veg lights and the 600 watter on one circuit. Not to mention fans. Whoever wired it did a shoddy job with cheap materials. This weekend I will try to get it all done properly money permitting.
Thanks Kriaze.

Sounds like the ballast is going out. Is it an old magnetic coil one or a newer inverter type?

Digital Ballast. Thanks for the response.
Problem solved. For now, lol

Back
Top Bottom