Budget 1000 - Space 6x3.5 - Which 2 LEDs?

Formyparents

Looking for input from people who have actually veg'd witj LED, not speculation from what someon3 has read. I am about to begin possibly gradually changing over from HID to LED. Starting with the veg room. Current veg room runs on 2 250 MH ducted. They still get hot and the plumbing takes up space. I wanting 2 LEDs to cover this area as there are plants of different ages and sizes in there perpetually.

Any suggestions on 2 quality units that fit the bill, they can be same brand or different but need to be quality.

Thanks

What's you're price range, and do you run autos in there as well?

Check the sponsor page for different LED brands.

On the top of my head I'd say 2 pcs. MarsII 700, I think the draw is around 300w per unit and coverage is 3'x3' per unit.

You could look into getting a customised panel or a ''veg only'' unit.

I'd like to stay @500 each, no autos all photos of different ages, typically a 3x3 screened ready to go to flower and another a month behind and another a few weeks behind, etc. This is just veg room

I'd like to stay @500 each, no autos all photos of different ages, typically a 3x3 screened ready to go to flower and another a month behind and another a few weeks behind, etc. This is just veg room

I use the Mars Hydro reflectors and I'm very happy with them, if you're looking at spending a grand you could get 10 of the 48x5 units that draw around 100w each(or less and save some money for whatever new tech comes out in 3 years time or for the prices on the high tech lights to drop)
Then you'll be able to have many different distances/angles from the plants and use some for side lighting.
If a panel dies you still have plenty light to go around until you get a replacement, with two panels in that space waiting several weeks for repair/replacement only running one panel could be a problem.

Some other choices based on grow journals here fitting your budget:

- Advanced LED's Extreme VEG panel is a bit under 500 USD per unit and draws around 200w.
- The Timber COB lights are IIRC 400-700 USD per unit and draws around 200w

My best advice is to do some research and check some grow journals here or elsewhere and check vids on youtube to see lights in action, don't rush into buying something based on specs or salesmansship.

Happy growing:Namaste:

I'm liking the advanced EX veg lights so far, still checking on others. Wondering about the heat produced by the advanced unit and recommended hanging height to hit that 3x3 core coverage. Couldn't find it on their website

I have experience with 3 different types of LEDs, 2 personal experiences. One with galaxy hydro 300w dimmable, one with the P300. I am not impressed with either. The p300 is about to be sent back. A close friend has used the 2 of Mars II 700 and he is not super impressed coming from 2 400MH. Also, the spectrum is not what I would consider ideal for veg

:thanks:
I use the Mars Hydro reflectors and I'm very happy with them, if you're looking at spending a grand you could get 10 of the 48x5 units that draw around 100w each(or less and save some money for whatever new tech comes out in 3 years time or for the prices on the high tech lights to drop)
Then you'll be able to have many different distances/angles from the plants and use some for side lighting.
If a panel dies you still have plenty light to go around until you get a replacement, with two panels in that space waiting several weeks for repair/replacement only running one panel could be a problem.

Some other choices based on grow journals here fitting your budget:

- Advanced LED's Extreme VEG panel is a bit under 500 USD per unit and draws around 200w.
- The Timber COB lights are IIRC 400-700 USD per unit and draws around 200w

My best advice is to do some research and check some grow journals here or elsewhere and check vids on youtube to see lights in action, don't rush into buying something based on specs or salesmansship.

Happy growing:Namaste:

You can check on our Mars Pro II series.You will like it.:high-five: Mars Pro
I have experience with 3 different types of LEDs, 2 personal experiences. One with galaxy hydro 300w dimmable, one with the P300. I am not impressed with either. The p300 is about to be sent back. A close friend has used the 2 of Mars II 700 and he is not super impressed coming from 2 400MH. Also, the spectrum is not what I would consider ideal for veg

Back
Top Bottom