Veg vs flower vs combo question

steppedinds

can some1 explain to me the benefits, if any, and the cons of running all red, all blue, or having a light that has both during different stages. is it worth having one red light for flower and one blue for veg vs just having the same wattage light that has veg/flowering switches that are both turned on? i've been using the mars ii 1200 and just keeping both switches on at all times for a full spectrum

hey there smokesara! preciate the drop in. my question is more pointed towards your new mars ii lights that are veg or flower only. how much more potent is the 1600w mars ii flowering light vs a regular mars ii 1600w light with the switches? potent may not be the correct word...but how much more of the light is the plant using vs the other, i suppose is my question

a comparison of these 3. obviously running a veg switch only on the regular mars ii would be similar in spectrum to the veg only mars ii, but how does running both switches to the new mars ii flower compare?

mars ii veg only light
Mars900VegA.jpg

mars ii flower only light
1600dDD.jpg

regular mars ii
MARSII1600.jpg

:goodluck:
I asked the same question, the answer I got from my vendor "based on grower recommendations" was this;

First:
Recommended light above plants for seeding,growth and flowering time:
Germination-------------24-30inches
Vegetable -- --------18-24 inches
Flower------12-18 inches

Second:
Recommended Lighting Time:
Vegetative Stage: 18-20 hours on,4-6hours off; Flowering Stage: 12 hours on,12hours off. Veg: 18/6 or 20/4; Flower: 12/12

Third:
This is our new series of lights with both growth and bloom switches.
On growth stage, turn on growth switch.
On flowering stage, turn both switches on.

I'm testing this information in my current grow so we'll see. :high-five:

yeh. i'm just wondering if the investment into more red diodes during flowering is worth having 2 lights. not only do you have to have 2 lights but they cost more per watt too for some reason

yeh. i'm just wondering if the investment into more red diodes during flowering is worth having 2 lights. not only do you have to have 2 lights but they cost more per watt too for some reason

:thumb:
While I am in my grow number one, I'm learning the importance of light and growing.
If you have a 400w veg, and your plants should double in flower, then you'll need 600w for flower, right?
That extra needed boost is probably the led flower button.

Here's the Grow Boss explaining the math;
[video=youtube;m3Wc-V9mPOc]
[/video]

Best of luck bro/babe/bot. :high-five:

:thumb:
While I am in my grow number one, I'm learning the importance of light and growing.
If you have a 400w veg, and your plants should double in flower, then you'll need 600w for flower, right?

you dont necessarily need more wattage during flower. most people just hang their light on a yoyo or chain so they can get the lights closer to the plants to increase intensity. i understand how/why the buttons exist. it just turns on the red leds for flowering. my question more pertains to, is it more effective to have a light with the same wattage with all/most red leds for flowering (which is the new mars ii product line) compared to regular lights with the veg/flowering combo/mix of blue and red

Mar II 1200,Veg switch control 150pcs leds(blue diodes),Flowering switch control 90pcs leds(red diodes).:high-five:
a comparison of these 3. obviously running a veg switch only on the regular mars ii would be similar in spectrum to the veg only mars ii, but how does running both switches to the new mars ii flower compare?

mars ii veg only light
Mars900VegA.jpg

mars ii flower only light
1600dDD.jpg

regular mars ii
MARSII1600.jpg

:goodjob:Thanks for your help.:thanks:
:goodluck:
I asked the same question, the answer I got from my vendor "based on grower recommendations" was this;

First:
Recommended light above plants for seeding,growth and flowering time:
Germination-------------24-30inches
Vegetable -- --------18-24 inches
Flower------12-18 inches

Second:
Recommended Lighting Time:
Vegetative Stage: 18-20 hours on,4-6hours off; Flowering Stage: 12 hours on,12hours off. Veg: 18/6 or 20/4; Flower: 12/12

Third:
This is our new series of lights with both growth and bloom switches.
On growth stage, turn on growth switch.
On flowering stage, turn both switches on.

I'm testing this information in my current grow so we'll see. :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom