Any recommendations on new lighting

AKGrower907

Im currently using a 300w full spectrum 9band led on 3watt chips from GalaxyHydro. I was wondering if there were any other lights that might be better, preferrably led only. I severely dislike knockoff brands/un named lights. Thanks in advance

Sent from Deez Nutz

Im currently using a 300w full spectrum 9band led on 3watt chips from GalaxyHydro. I was wondering if there were any other lights that might be better, preferrably led only. I severely dislike knockoff brands/un named lights. Thanks in advance

Sent from Deez Nutz

What size is the grow area you are looking to light up?

Will you be using the current LED along with the new one?

How many plants in your grow area?

Do you grow these plants tall, bushy, scrogged, and how tall overall?

What is your budget for a new light?

What is the goal of your upgrade? (more yield, better light, more light)?

I could throw out names of brands but would rather be more specific to your needs/wants and budget. There are a ton of options but depends on these factors on which is best for you.

If you are looking for a non-knockoff, good brand light we have a couple sponsors here which meet those requirements. I would suggest looking into Budmaster( I am currently using these), Timber LED (haven't used them but very quality parts) which are both quality lights, made by the company and not rebranded.

There also is Advanced LED XTE series which I have used with great success, but I am unsure where they are made. Good quality lights though in my opinion.

There are a lot of other sponsors here that sell LEDs, and you can see them here Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE (R) - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking

I am looking for a light for a 4x4x6.5ft grow tent, i will be using this led, im wanting to do a side by side grow of which light would be better in the end, i have 2 plants in the veg tent, i am going to put them in the 4x4 when ready for flowering, veg tent is a 2x4x5ft? I grow the plants nice and bushy and also tall if theyre leaning on more the sativa side, other than that, its always short and bushy, i top each branch 8 times until transplanting into a 5gallon pot for flowering. Usually gets about 3-4.5ft in overall height. I was wanting more yield, my usual yield for these leds is 2.5 ounces per plant(autos) which isnt bad. Thanks for the help by the way!

Sent from Deez Nutz

Oh and for the budget is 160-200. Im currently out of work due to surgery next week and its just a pain in the ass..yeah im cheap haha..

Sent from Deez Nutz

Oh and for the budget is 160-200. Im currently out of work due to surgery next week and its just a pain in the ass..yeah im cheap haha..

Sent from Deez Nutz

For that price range, and for a 4x4x7 tent, I would recommend a 600w or 1000w HPS. This would be your best choice for a good yield, and to totally light the tent.

I know you mentioned in your original post that you would like to stay with LED, but I can't think of any LED in that price range that would be sufficient for a 4x4 tent. You could check out Mars hydro, but even in that price range you would be stuck with a Mars II 400 (180w actual) which I have used and realistically is only good for about a 2'x2' area and that is pushing it.

I honestly would go with a 1000w HPS which may run you about $250-300 but will definitely light a 4x4 tent correctly, its by far the best option for what you are looking to do, and within your price range.

For that price range, and for a 4x4x7 tent, I would recommend a 600w or 1000w HPS. This would be your best choice for a good yield, and to totally light the tent.

I know you mentioned in your original post that you would like to stay with LED, but I can't think of any LED in that price range that would be sufficient for a 4x4 tent. You could check out Mars hydro, but even in that price range you would be stuck with a Mars II 400 (180w actual) which I have used and realistically is only good for about a 2'x2' area and that is pushing it.

I honestly would go with a 1000w HPS which may run you about $250-300 but will definitely light a 4x4 tent correctly, its by far the best option for what you are looking to do, and within your price range.
Thank you. Would it just be possible to use the mars hydro 2 and my current led to light up the 4x4? One light on each side pointing at the plants? Id hate to go to hid cause the kilowatt hours used in a day, a kilowatt here in barrow, alaska costs 1.29 this month. Which is why i stay with led, even the lowest month would be at 89 cents a kilowatt.

Sent from Deez Nutz

420-magazine-mobile1583232683.jpg

Sent from Deez Nutz

Thank you. Would it just be possible to use the mars hydro 2 and my current led to light up the 4x4? One light on each side pointing at the plants? Id hate to go to hid cause the kilowatt hours used in a day, a kilowatt here in barrow, alaska costs 1.29 this month. Which is why i stay with led, even the lowest month would be at 89 cents a kilowatt.

Sent from Deez Nutz

Holy cow!!! And I thought California electric was expensive around 0.32$ per kwh... wow!

Its hard to say, I mean I used 3 of the mars 400's in a 2x4x7 tent and yielded about 308grams out of 6 total plants.

I would suggest asking how people feel about the 400's in this thread: Mars Hydro 400w Mile High Club

Its all people who either have or currently use that light.

I wish I could give more of an answer for you, but typically I recommend lights based of the current accepted lighting knowledge used by horticulture professionals and the research community, and based on that, the best route would be a 600w or 1000w HPS.

Holy cow!!! And I thought California electric was expensive around 0.32$ per kwh... wow!

Its hard to say, I mean I used 3 of the mars 400's in a 2x4x7 tent and yielded about 308grams out of 6 total plants.

I would suggest asking how people feel about the 400's in this thread: Mars Hydro 400w Mile High Club

Its all people who either have or currently use that light.

I wish I could give more of an answer for you, but typically I recommend lights based of the current accepted lighting knowledge used by horticulture professionals and the research community, and based on that, the best route would be a 600w or 1000w HPS.
In the past a couple years back i was using a 400w hid kit with a cooltube, man my electric bill itself was 429 dollars on top of the 300 for the water and gas bill. It was bogus. Thats why i switched to led, now my bill is only 150 a month to run both leds on 20 hour days. (5.75kwh/day)(about 7 dollars a day). I'll keep looking out for leds and compare prices.

Sent from Deez Nutz

:circle-of-love:Yes you can check out our Mars II series,Mars II series

Sent from Deez Nutz

Back
Top Bottom