4*600Watt in 240cm to 120cm grow tent - Help

mk12

Hello, i have a 240cm to 120 cm grow tent and i want to build a setup inside, i need advices ( sorry for my english )

I was planing to use 4*600 watt lamps with using cooltubes, Heat would be a problem , how strong fan i must use ? ( i was thinking silent 760m3/h fan to cool them all )

I am palaning to buy a heat control machine to plug my 2 inside fans ( one for taking inside air other to plug carbon filtler to take out air - how strong they must be ? 1200m3 for carbon filter take out to air- 760m3 to take air inside would be ok ? )

around 15 fabric 30litres pots for plants ( i want to grow less and big plants- how many i should grow ? )

and Hesi starter kit for nutrients

i need advices...

Thank you in advance...

Hi mk12 and :welcome:

I can testify for the "Hesi" nutrients line. Did four grows with it, never had any problems. Make sure to include "Supervit" enzymes.

As for the ventilation, your growspace is, exactly, twice the size of mine and I'm running 425m3/h through a carbon filter, so in your case, double that. I have a passive intake and recommend it over the active intake. 1200m3/h will, definitely, do the job, and then some.

A dedicated air line through cooltubes will help tremendously. I have a dual cooltube (2x400W HPS) and cooling it with an inline fan 125m3/h. It does the job but it could be better. I'm thinking of doubling the power for the next grow. 250-300m3/h.

How are you going to connect the cooltubes together? In any case, 730m3/h should be enough to cool them down. You might need to install two fans. One pushing, the other one pulling.

IMO, 4x600W is a bit of an overkill. I would go for 4x400W instead. It's enough to achieve desirable 7000 - 7500 lumens per ft2. But for that, you'd need to ScrOG.

If ScrOG is not an option then go for 4x600W, by all means.

Best.

Hi Croatsan, i am not sure how to connect cooltubes... the tent is oblong, i dont know wich is better to use, putting cooltubes side by side or useing them all one direction...

the reason i want to use 4*600 watt is for the yield ( 1gram per watt ) probably i cat get 2400gr but as much as i can get )

i have to search about useing ScrOG... how much does it effect do you think ?

Best,

My goal is getting around 50 oz from around 20 plants ( 30 litres pots ) do you think it would work ? how much plant i should try and how big pots ?

The 600w bulbs are more power efficient per watt used than all the other HID bulbs(even the 1000w)
I have 4 plants in 120cmx120cm in 7 gal.(~27L) smart pots and thats filling out the tent so 20 in 30L pots would be too much, 11L pots would be more fitting if you want 20 plants.
The heat could be too much, and 3x 600w lights would be sufficient for that space and would add up to about 58w per square foot.
If you want maximum yield you should grow SoG(Sea of Green) with many plants in small pots and short to no veg time.

Back
Top Bottom