CFL Lumens Question

gato

I scanned through the lighting post at top of posting list, but don't have the time for a real reading of every entry in hopes someone mentions it.

I received my C-99 seeds and plan to grow them in an enclosed container consisting of 2 plastic storage bins.

Inside size is 17x27 inches. The storage bins I plan to stack one on top the other and cut a hole in the center for the bottom one...leaving enough lip to support the top one. No weight will be on it.

The plants will grow up inside that 2 bin stack with total height about 30 inches inside the bins. It has plastic lids I plan to leave the top for cover.

The lighting is as cheap as I can do (as well as everything else. I'm using a piece of wood to tie electrical cord to and splice in sockets along that railing and adjustable height capable.

That is as all I can do here. No separate room available or converting area.

The questions are...

does that sound workable to produce much? Should C-99 produce well in such a small area and with the lighting I plan??

I want to use the CFL bulbs I currently have. 1-4200 lumen warm white CFL twist bulb...1-1200 lumens twist and 3 twists at 800@ for a total of about 8,000 lumens. I planned to get another of the 4200 lumen (sorry, but lumens is all I can judge by.

Appreciate the suggestions for lights and things, but not looking for recommendations buying anything
...I have to confab things to do this without spend money...I am seriously poor and barely had the money to buy the 4 feminized C-99 from Herbies (femaleseeds supplier)

does that sound ok? Should 12,000 lumen warm/cool white produce well? I figure to have to put into flower earlier than desired, but height limits.

Know this is about lumens, but might as well ask what height I can get away with? I plan either one tray that fits perfectly inside the bottom bin or use roughly one gal and 1/2 to 2 gal regular flower pots?

Training plan to keep low growing (30 inches isn't much) and using gentle bending on them and continuing the bends to make as many colas as possible. I suppose that is SOG, but who cares what it's called---lol

If I cannot do that plastic bins...I have to wait for next summer.

Thanks for any helps

hey....thanks for the reply.

I was going to do more lights, but I get quite a bit of sunlight from a south facing sliding glass door to my balcony and since I flowered early...only using the cfl for the short times between sunset and dark isolation time.

15gs doesn't sound so bad to me for my tiny ones. They are less than a foot tall, but bent to make more shoots.... and into bloom.

Have 3 c-99 flowering small and one in vege. 15gm for the 3 will give and ounce and a half and I use about a quarter oz per week if potent...so maybe those 3 will do until the vege one gets larger for a larger plant. That's the plan.

It's nice to know such low light can still produce a decent sounding yield.

Did you do bends and tie-downs to increase colas or just let it grow normally? I may up the yield if you did not bend.
btw...was yours c-99 also?...just curious.

thanks

the strain was Cluster by CH9 seeds it was Amsterdam flame X ESRB which was a super bud cross.... but so i attempted to "Fim" it which is a way of "topping" ... i ended up with 3 main colas.. you can see on the link above where it says "instagram" that is a link to a picture of the plant about half way through flower.

Looks pretty frosty. Thanks for the pic.

My c-99 one has 3 plants...2 with 7 shoots and 1 with 8 shoots.

The 8 shoots one is much more sativa end and vigorous. It would make a real bush if grown veg longer. The 2nd plant less sativa end and the 3rd more lower end than #2. It looks quite a bit different from the other 2. It is noticably darker green than the others (sativa lighter green). It doesn't want to make shoots so easily. 90 degree bends did some, but not as much as the others. Leaves are slender like and really tight and denser looking...did not see any double serrations. Think I get a hint of pineapple from her though. The sativa seems the it might be the grapefruit.

I doubt Cindy yields as much and that one, but hoping the extra colas may make up from size...I'm hoping (unknown realistic to me) for close to an ounce each, but 1/2 oz would be terrific first time Cindy small profile. If someone knows about what I can expect...appreciate expectations. The sunlight is doing great on plant growth, but not sure with them being so small on yield. If they survive....not that they aren't looking nice....just I'm pretty ignorant on indoor growing.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom