Natural Light Timing Indoors?

Grow17

I've done a couple of grows now using the Lantern & DLS.
This time I'm trying something different.
Started out using Lantern. Once going into Flower, I started with 12/12 then cut the time by 2 minutes start 2 minutes stop . Anyone try this ?
Girls look very happy.

You mean you plan to keep reducing by 2 minutes every day? Dropping the 'on' hours works well to finish some strains especially sativas, and can help bring out fall colors and possibly more of a finished bud, but I usually just reduce the lights by 30 minutes at a time, from the lights-off end. Adjusting 2 minutes on each end every day sounds like a lot of extra work.

4 minutes a day.
It's no trouble at all, as I check them everyday both when they come on and then before they shut off.

Also- if you decrease by 4 minutes a day for the whole of flowering you're going to end up running at 8 hours daylight by the end, or even less depending how long the strain takes to finish. That's too little light and will kill yield. Usually people don't drop much less than ten hours minimum that I've heard.

Definitely worth a try. I feel like I've had better buds from cutting the hours down to 11/13 and 10.5/13.5. Smells and colors seem richer and the sativas finish better. I haven't dropped as low as 9 They like a lot of light to produce well- plus the sativas I grow come from countries that wouldn't see any days much shorter than 11 hours daylight mid-winter and I don't expect to improve them by giving them less light than that.

Back
Top Bottom