Question about Diamond Series XML 650

Pinovitch

420 Member
Hello,

I am considering trying LED. So far I read a lot of good things about the Diamond Series XML 650. It's not cheap but it it's half as good as people say, this might be a good investment.

My only question is the color of the light. From most pictures I see, the lamp seems to give a very very pink light. Is this true? Does it have to be this way?

Thanks

It does for flowering. There are dual knobs for the white 10w LEDs and the 3W red/blue ones. I turn the red/blues off to inspect plants. You will want both arrays on for flowering which leads to a pink light. I love mine and have completed a couple try's with it. Check out my last 2/3 journals. Every shortfall was not from lack of light! Good luck!

I'm glad to hear you can turn the white on when working on the plants. I'm going to check your journal right now. Thanks a lot for your feedback. I'm still unsure which I'll taake between 350 and 650 but I will definitely take on of them. My only problem with the 650 is the energy it takes... otherwise it's a great lamp.

I'm also considering these lights. My tent is 4x4x6.6 and I've read differing opinions regarding flower coverage. Some say the 350's is optimal for 2x2 or 3x3, but a bit too low for the full 4x4 coverage. I'm leaning towards the 650 but they obviously cost alot more.

Hey Spitz,

What is your opinion of the Mars pro II cree256 lights? I stumbled across a few grow journals and people seem to love them. Could possibly use 2 units of the pro II cree128 for better coverage wall to wall. Seems like it could potentially be the best bang for the buck. Obviously the advanced Xmls are much more expensive so I'm considering both options as a first time grower.

thanks

I have no experience with the Mars Pro series. There are a lot of happy people with them and they seem to support their product well. I'd look into the Timber DIYs as well as the Perfect Sun. I absolutely love my light. Hindsight (which is always 20/20), i think a xml 350 and a supplementary array of Timber COBs is the only option I would otherwise consider for my 4x4. FYI.. 600W of LEDs is substantial amount of energy/heat to dissipate (no matter which company). You can't just throw it in a locked 10x10 room and forget about it at 18/6. Good luck! Keep us posted

Mars Pro II series are our new model,it's the best light among our lights now.:high-five:
:goodjob:The creative reflector Cup design collects 100% of the light emitted from the LED chips giving you the most even and blended spectral output possible.Mars Pro doesn't add lens so as to output the complete light as much as possible and penetrate deeper.
Unlike Mars II or Reflector series, Mars ProII has vents around the panel, so as to dissipate the heat more effectively. Mars ProII is with better built-up :bravo:
Hey Spitz,

What is your opinion of the Mars pro II cree256 lights? I stumbled across a few grow journals and people seem to love them. Could possibly use 2 units of the pro II cree128 for better coverage wall to wall. Seems like it could potentially be the best bang for the buck. Obviously the advanced Xmls are much more expensive so I'm considering both options as a first time grower.

thanks

Hi Sara,

Do you think for my 4x4 that having one unit of the cree 256 is better or should I go with 2 units of the cree 128? I figured Watt/power consumption would be about the same (might be a tad higher with having 2 lights) but would get better coverage with 2 lights vs one. However, if I go with 2 lights, I'm worried about fitting both of the 128's inside my 4x4 tent so there would be more weight and less room. Any advice? Also; I'm seeing a lot of customers who had bad experience with your customer service when their marshydro lights would have problems (such as sending the lights back for repair, or having to repair it yourself). This is my only concern buying from MarsHydro; as I don't want to deal with bad service or if I have to do my own repairs.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom