700 Watt LED Light Mars

robert4545

Hi can anyone tell me the distance I should keep my mars 700 watt led light from the top of the plants. when seeding , vegging , and flowering . I have 4 plants in a 3x3x6 grow tent thanks rob

do you use the mars hydro 700 watt led if you do tell me what you think of it also do you think it would be sufficant for a 3x3x6 grow tent . thanks rob

I have a 400 and a 900 Mars 2

A 700 will work well in a 3x3x6

I like to run 35 to 50w psf and power pulled from the wall with them.

a 700 pulls 307w from the wall that puts it about 34w psf and that should work fine.

It will be a little weak at the edges in flower.

But should give you a good 30x30" core footprint for flower.

Do you think a 900 watt LED mars would be better in a 3x3x6 grow tent with a 6 inch inline exhaust fan because of heat issues with 4 plants also can you recommend a good strain that's easy to grow with high yield and high thc thanks I'm a newbie

I run my 900 in a 3x3x7 in my spare bedroom and I have a fan on the top side vent blowing out into the room and vent in with open bottom vents. That will grow good bud from edge to edge with that set up. But you will need to keep an eye on the heat with the 900 in a 3x3.

I also have some MarsHydro Reflectors. Mars , Led grow light , Mars Hydro

Two of those would work nice in there and give off less heat together they pull 400w and put out about 925 btu's

The 900 put out 1432 btu's

So that could be an issue for you. With two lights you can adjust for your plants easier if needed and if one goes out you don't lose everything.

Dr K's IB Puts out some great buds and was an easy grow for me. ! Dr Krippling Incredible Bulk Feminised Seeds - Herbies Seeds

:circle-of-love:May i know that do you have grow journal?
I have a 400 and a 900 Mars 2

A 700 will work well in a 3x3x6

I like to run 35 to 50w psf and power pulled from the wall with them.

a 700 pulls 307w from the wall that puts it about 34w psf and that should work fine.

It will be a little weak at the edges in flower.

But should give you a good 30x30" core footprint for flower.

No problem,i want to let you know if you have grow journal,i would like to visit.:high-five:
I can not do that because of where I live. It would not be safe or smart to do.

Maybe one day I will be able too...

I am on day 42 of veg and I am using a Mars II 700

I just moved from 24" to 30" as the tips of the new growth which stick above canopy are starting to get light burn.

Can someone explain how an LED light can "burn" a plant when the temperatures at the light surface are so low (about 100 deg on my own light)? The mfgr. recommends 18-24" from the tops, but implies that "the closer the better". So, can an LED light over-expose a plant without actually burning it? Also, what are the plant symptoms of "burning"?

Hi ,Growers and suppliers .
Anyone else use their Mars 2 700 combo with HID or another brand of led ... or cfl ??
At the moment I use a M 2 700 with a digital ballast 600w with SL and 600 of course and 400-250 w , usually I use 400w 2/3 of time 1/3 600. This in an area of 16 square foots or 1,5 m2 . And 18-36 w of uv a and b ,t5 . grow in coco.
Before I used a a time was spider cob but the ones between mars 700 and spider grow very fast and then light bleached ( In flower minimum 20+ inch ,55-60 cm )not good at all small harvest .. and some bad taste..
this box I use as a bloom box 10-13 hours light / 24h.
A small one for clones and veg to small need bigger of all :) ...
:volcano-smiley::420:

when your plants got light burn,did you move some light out? And did you raise the light?:Namaste:
Hi ,Growers and suppliers .
Anyone else use their Mars 2 700 combo with HID or another brand of led ... or cfl ??
At the moment I use a M 2 700 with a digital ballast 600w with SL and 600 of course and 400-250 w , usually I use 400w 2/3 of time 1/3 600. This in an area of 16 square foots or 1,5 m2 . And 18-36 w of uv a and b ,t5 . grow in coco.
Before I used a a time was spider cob but the ones between mars 700 and spider grow very fast and then light bleached ( In flower minimum 20+ inch ,55-60 cm )not good at all small harvest .. and some bad taste..
this box I use as a bloom box 10-13 hours light / 24h.
A small one for clones and veg to small need bigger of all :) ...
:volcano-smiley::420:

when your plants got light burn,did you move some light out? And did you raise the light?:Namaste:

The spider cob out - ,in--- cooltube 600 HID dimmable between 400-600w mostly . Mars " 700 up 10-15 cm 4-6 inches more than before.
I got real good results the bloom before with hid 250w and M2 700. (but the 250w wasn't enough for my space ) and when I often have differnt strains I want good light so if one is 30-45 cm shorter it is perfect light almost anyway...the shorter strains are often indicas and sativas that grows more can handle more light and more heat than indicas. , when you have good light with differnt spectra - if you don't get high quality - it isn't because of light .
One reason why HID I am used to use them. And when budding they are great but to much heat..
If I could be more clever I should have bought a M 1200-(1600) instead of combo two differnt led brands. That it is easy to be clever after the decission. :)

Back
Top Bottom