LED & HPS together?

sailorbud

Hello,

I am new to the forum and new to indoor growing. Would like to say hello with this question. I just read in an ad on amazon for a 1800w cob led that using both LED and HPS in the same tent will make the LED burn out.. well since I don't always believe everything I read was wondering is this FACT? and if it is why? any comments would be appreciated ..

Re: Led & hps..together?

Hello and welcome to 420 and the joys(mostly, lol) of growing indoors.
I've been using hid/led combo for about a year with no problems. The plants really seem to enjoy it.

Re: Led & hps..together?

Welcome to the forums bud :thumb:

Mmm not sure, might be ?

Well led panels general run at a lower temp or even have a fixed running temp & only use the air of the tent for cooling.

So if you stick in a hps of X wattage as they all produce heat warming up the air of the tent leads to effective cooling of the led panel which may over heat drivers or effect the heat sinks shortening life span of components in the long run.

In other words you get a led panel average temp sits at 22 c lights on just as an example then you plug in a 600 w hps & temps hit lets just say 35 c so that is the effective temp of air trying to cool the led panel hence we may see over heating shortening life span... ya get my drift ah :high-five:

Thats a good answer fuzzy duck, and i should add that in my set up i have my cool air intake partially blowing over my lights. I did not think to mention that.

Back
Top Bottom