Foggers - fogponics - nebulizer

NE14AJ

Ok seen those pond foggers and seen that the ezcloner uses a similar unit , so i did a little reasearch and really came up with nothing , some say they work some say they dont , Well in my head it made sense that this would work so i bought one , i added the unit to my areoponics system and cut my sprayer pumps and replaced them with a 4 time a day 1 hour fogging , the plants didn't mind and never stopped praying to T-5 gods, but what i didn't realize is these things are like a stove, One 3 head fogger raised my water temp (4 gallon tub) to 98 deg, holy SHEET lets say that was that i removed the unit but i still liked the concept, my test worked the plants were getting nutrients? or were they just getting water vapor ? So i wanted a way to test the nebulized vapor solution but first needed a way to collect it so i made a container that could slid in a net pot hole and deliver the fog without heating up my solution to dangerous temps for the root system, and it just worked out that it will be simple to collect a sample to test the PPM of my fog to see if nutrients is also being nebulized at an efficient rate,

when near my tank i use an air stone in tub to push the fog along , the fog is heavy so it does drop out fine on its own but the air stone makes it kick ass, i was going to use a tiny cpu fan but i dont want to allow contaminates introduced to my roots via fan induction, also didnt want to push fog threw my net pots and increase the humidity of my closet giving mold a place to thrive ,
And i must say it works and works well and didnt cost a dollar to build
also after i test PPM of fog i will update with results, more pics in my photo's

fog2.JPG

fogg33.JPG

Re: foggers/fogponics/nebulizer/

Nice system I have been very successful so far with fog

Yes NE14AJ, please update with results. +reps for your innovation.

@dhetep: Do you have any pics or information you can share about your fog set-up?

I've been wondering about fog applications for a couple of years, but just never really got my head around it. Not an aero guy, still playing in the garden :p

I have pics in the gallery as well as a grow journal I will be updated this weekend
res2.JPG

Have you had any challenges with nutrient temp

My personal experience was a nightmare. Think about it, the ultrasonic vibrations heats the nutrients to the point of killing them. Also, these foggers will destroy themse4lves in 400+ppms.

The only thing fog is good for is cloning, and even then a large bubble stone set up will work at least as well and for a lot less money.

Now it did help me figure out what method to use, so in that way it was helpful, but it did cost me a few plants. hth

Re: Foggers/fogponics/nebulizer/

what foggers are you guys using??...I am very interested regardless as to wat people think about them...

Re: Foggers/fogponics/nebulizer/

thanks that truly means the world to me...I am gathering my parts for my grow...first grow six plants...two should survive...lol...

Check out the NUTRAMIST cyclone 4 model fogger.. Enuff output for a 30 station system.. I've had sick results, thing is ridiculous..

Back
Top Bottom