Advanced Nutrients No PH Or PPM Testing?

Green Halo

Hey boys and girls
So I just finished reading a mag from Advanced Nutrients which explains all of there products and nutrient packages and the one thing that truly stuck out is that they claim with there new formula that you no longer need to test the ph or the ppm that the base nutrients with the adds automaticly adjust these for optimum feeding and growth for your girls. What do you think?

Ive read their info and it sounds cool. why dont you try it?. Myself Im a GH man..Advanced is well recieved and hasd a good rep...its not going to give me 30% more yield for 30% more cost though. I have never used Advanced...that being said I can only give my opinion. I can tell you about GH 3 part ,GH Flora series and House&Garden......they all work great

I too have seen their claim that their newest formulations are "pH-perfect" whatever that means.

I would not trust it -- there is no way any chemical concoction can magically adjust itself to all the different conditions and hydro set ups its going to be used it.

I think the idea behind their marketing is that their products, specifically, have been tested to make sure no single product will interact negatively with another, resulting in a pH problem because of the nutes themselves.

That part is probably true, as it would not be that hard to test each product against the others, a bit tedious but not impossible. But I would never throw out my pH meter and just assume that my feed has a perfect pH every time...

It actually is possible to have a self-balancing solution... nothing really radical there. Any decent hydroponic solution sold now has some buffering agents in it designed to resist changes to the pH of a solution outside a specific range.

What's impressive in their claims is that they're saying it works over the long term.

I'm skeptical, but what they're talking about isn't beyond the scope of science, ESPECIALLY if the real trick is in chelation.

Plants like a specific pH range, right? But why? It's not the pH that's the most important, it's the availability of the nutrients. There's only a narrow band where all the necessary nutrients are chemically available. Too high or two low and you get pH lockout, right?

Well if you chelate one of the nutrients the pH it's available at expands. If you do that with all of them suddenly it's not so bad for the pH to be higher or lower than it ought to be.

That's what I'm betting they've done here... packed in chelates out the wazoo so that sure, your pH is 5 or 7 or whatever, but the plant is still happy as a lark because nothing is locked out. Do that with the right buffers to keep things from going nuts and you could conceivably build a nutrient that doesn't need monitored.

when I throw my nutes in and mix...I almost never need to adjust PH....I suspect alot of people who that have been growing awhile will see the same thing...I dont think Advanced is coming up with anything special...if your water is in certain range---prob 4.0-8.0 the buffers work their mojo....GH does the same thing with nutes as do all the other nute companies....Ill give props to Advanced to marketing it that way. Im only speaking on opinion and my experience with different nutrient packages. I have never used Advanced...hey if they want to sponsor a grow Ill do it for them.

I too have seen their claim that their newest formulations are "pH-perfect" whatever that means.

I would not trust it -- there is no way any chemical concoction can magically adjust itself to all the different conditions and hydro set ups its going to be used it.

I think the idea behind their marketing is that their products, specifically, have been tested to make sure no single product will interact negatively with another, resulting in a pH problem because of the nutes themselves.

That part is probably true, as it would not be that hard to test each product against the others, a bit tedious but not impossible. But I would never throw out my pH meter and just assume that my feed has a perfect pH every time...

Yeah, I get what you're saying about no product being perfect - totally, that makes sense. I mean, if there was an absolutely perfect product, it would crush the market and everyone could just stop looking at any other companies or products.

(BTW, where are people finding this ph-PPM system? I can't find it here!)

I agree with not throwing out the pH meter, that sounds like an accident waiting to happen. But I would be okay with trying out this system to see how it stabilizes the pH for me. I mean, one less thing to worry about? That would be pretty cool. But I'm a skeptic too and I'd want to check things out to make sure that it works the way it says it should.

But Advanced Nutrients has worked for me in the past, so I'm inclined to believe this is a system I should give a try...whenever I can find it....LOL

:roorrip:

Hey Stoner Cool I wanted to do a little research on these products so I went to a couple of my local Hydro stores and no one has these new products so I contacted A.N. and found that they are not available yet. Probally be available for delivey around August but can be pre ordered by calling A.N.

We will try it on our next grow and see how everything goes!

Thanks for all the input.

Biggest problem with AN is their hypocritical behavior. They say they are at war with the Good Ol Boys then turn around tell my local Hydro shop how much they can sell stuff for and if they don't they will loose AN. HMM, kinda sounds like who you say your are at war with. I talked to Mike about this and he said its easy to get around, just give free product and don't put it on the receipt. Pretty stupid if you ask me, and to quote Big Mike " this is America, we should all have the chance to make money".

Ill give props to Advanced to marketing it that way. Im only speaking on opinion and my experience with different nutrient packages. I have never used Advanced...hey if they want to sponsor a grow Ill do it for them.

Nice, I wish I was a Pot Star too!

I agree, my GH formulations drop right into their happy place when used as directed. It's not even new and improved!

I'm sure AN makes great stuff but their true genius is in their marketing. I've always avoided companies that use that style of marketing.

I love their Rosebud magazine and get a kick out of their claims but just can't bring myself to buy in to it.

Biggest problem with AN is their hypocritical behavior. They say they are at war with the Good Ol Boys then turn around tell my local Hydro shop how much they can sell stuff for and if they don't they will loose AN. HMM, kinda sounds like who you say your are at war with. I talked to Mike about this and he said its easy to get around, just give free product and don't put it on the receipt. Pretty stupid if you ask me, and to quote Big Mike " this is America, we should all have the chance to make money".

+ Anti-bullshit REPs, lol.

They do have some good products.

Some politicians have good ideas. But when they sling mud at their opponents, I stop listening.

Amsoil, anyone?

Wait, you're complaining because they won't let the hydro shop mark up their products more and stick you with higher prices?

That's nothing like what the other guys are supposedly doing.

Wait, you're complaining because they won't let the hydro shop mark up their products more and stick you with higher prices?

That's nothing like what the other guys are supposedly doing.

I think you've got it backwards, lol.

I grow hydro and have been using AN for nearly 6 months now. I started at the systems "professional grower level" which promises a 28 percent increase in yield over any competitor. The harvest I had was actually 30 percent more than my previous one with GH and Fox Farm nutes and various other additives. I was SOLD and took it to the "Grand Master Grower Level" which consists of base nutes and 12 additives given at various stages (13 if you count final phase/flush). It is hard to hand over $100.00 for a liter of anything I can't drink, but you start to get used to it.. I guess.:lot-o-toke: At any rate, my second harvest using AN and first going all the way was stunted by root rot. I also started using a light rail instead of stationary lighting so until the current crop finishes, I really can't say what the GM level truly does. I can now run two flowering sets at a time so I plan to do a head to head grow using my old formula vs GM level of AN. I will plan to do a journal with it as well but will post results here too.

Jeez, for that much it should give you a reach around with a happy ending too!

I grow hydro and have been using AN for nearly 6 months now. I started at the systems "professional grower level" which promises a 28 percent increase in yield over any competitor. The harvest I had was actually 30 percent more than my previous one with GH and Fox Farm nutes and various other additives. I was SOLD and took it to the "Grand Master Grower Level" which consists of base nutes and 12 additives given at various stages (13 if you count final phase/flush). It is hard to hand over $100.00 for a liter of anything I can't drink, but you start to get used to it.. I guess.:lot-o-toke: At any rate, my second harvest using AN and first going all the way was stunted by root rot. I also started using a light rail instead of stationary lighting so until the current crop finishes, I really can't say what the GM level truly does. I can now run two flowering sets at a time so I plan to do a head to head grow using my old formula vs GM level of AN. I will plan to do a journal with it as well but will post results here too.

How much was the proessional bundle of a/n nutes?

Each of my harvests is bigger than the last as well, using the same stuff (GH) each time. I wonder how much of these improvements can be attributed to skill level.

I didn't purchase it in a bundle, got each one as I needed them during the cycle, which helped with the cost. Discount Advanced Nutrients (DAN) has bundles and you can save from 150 to 200 bucks vs the price at my local hydro store. Grand Master Bundle from DAN, $834.95 (shipping is free). What is also free is the info to the delivery person that "here is a grow house" because Big Mike has made it no secret what his product has been developed for. Grand Mastger Bundle purchased (as I needed them) at my locally owned and operated hydro store who know me by my smile and not my real name, $985.76 in cash! Local money stays local, families get to eat, peace of mind from doing business this way... Priceless.:peace:

I didn't purchase it in a bundle, got each one as I needed them during the cycle, which helped with the cost. Discount Advanced Nutrients (DAN) has bundles and you can save from 150 to 200 bucks vs the price at my local hydro store. Grand Master Bundle from DAN, $834.95 (shipping is free). What is also free is the info to the delivery person that "here is a grow house" because Big Mike has made it no secret what his product has been developed for. Grand Mastger Bundle purchased (as I needed them) at my locally owned and operated hydro store who know me by my smile and not my real name, $985.76 in cash! Local money stays local, families get to eat, peace of mind from doing business this way... Priceless.:peace:

Yikes 850 to 950 something dollars for the grandmaster bundle. I hope for that price tech support is 24 hours and they'll come to your house if they can't help you via telephone. :)

This is why I have never tried AN. I do understand that there products are very good, but so are H&G, GH, Botanicare the list goes on. none of them spend the marketing dollars AN spends. Which leads me to believe that their true brilliance is in marketing not science. I like their Rosebud magazine, love the videos, just can't justify the price.

Back
Top Bottom