How often do you give molasses?

RandyL

I've been giving my plants Blackstrap molasses, 2 tablespoons per gallon, once a week in both veg and flower. FF soil grow.

Should I give molasses 2 times a week? or 3? My normal schedule is nutes + FF micronutes (beastie bloom, or cha ching, or open sesame in the flowering cycle) on monday, molasses + micronutes on wednesday, and just plain water + micronutes on friday night / saturday morning.

i do 1 time a week at 1tbsp/gal

wat about for hydroponics ???? can u give them molasses without cloggin up pumps or drip heads

1 oz per gallon hydroponics/soil/coco. it wont clog anything up....

there is sugar in the molasses and this feeds some microorganisms in the soil. is good to give from beginning of grow.

^^yes just grocery store molasses, look for blackstrap or fancy molasses.
i use in every watering as soon as they show roots up until harvest. 2 table spoons/gallon

1 oz per gallon hydroponics/soil/coco. it wont clog anything up....

i tried this... reservoir started fermenting and the plant took a shit.

^^yes just grocery store molasses, look for blackstrap or fancy molasses.
i use in every watering as soon as they show roots up until harvest. 2 table spoons/gallon

i tried this... reservoir started fermenting and the plant took a shit.

am i understanding you correct that you tried this in a hydro system and your plant took a shit. I'm running areoponics and all my plants are tied in together by top feed so I do not wont to try if it will kill them, can you please explain:thanks:

I would not risk running molasses in airponics, at least not at the usual strength to start with anyways.

I would not risk running molasses in airponics, at least not at the usual strength to start with anyways.

I agree. There has been no scientific proof that this actually works. I have seen it actually cause more problems than what it's worth.

Anyone use Dr. Pepper instead of molasses, it supposed to have more sugars and it's friendlier with drip systems. I think G. Green mentioned it in his grow guide, if not someone did.

No the molasses feeds the micro organisms In the soil that then turn it into plant available nutrients . Why put it in Hydro or Aeroponics ? Are there living organisms in those systems or are they force fed salts ?

Its a cheap booster simple if you buy boosters no need for it.Also i messed my dripper system up.It needs mixing
well.I would never use again unless i hand feed.Benfits its hell of a lot cheaper than most boosters down fall its
thick and hard to work with. Ideal for organic grows. Also my friend most of this members have moved on now its from 2010

Back
Top Bottom