Advanced Nutrients

kemo63

Im sort of looking for a good reciepe if you follow the lable such as the sencie a and b you use about 8ml per gallon but if you use the new feeding chart you use about 16ml per gallon and the ppm is about 1800. any one know what would be a good start because an is confusing.

kemo63,

I use Advanced Nutrients products and I have found that less is more. Meaning there new PH perfect formula is getting people to use more of certain products. I use about 10 products in there line and have for the past 2 years. However, I only use 1/2 of what they prescribe and have great results. I grow in hydro over the winters and soil in the summers. I am assuming you are growing in soil. When growing in soil and using a good potting mix without slow release ferts, you should use from 1/4 to 1/2 of what it reads on the side of the bottle. Personally, I think PH perfect is just a marketing tool, to get people to buy there so called "new and improved formula's", with fancy new labels. LOL, OH BOY! Ha, Ha, Ha.

Im sort of looking for a good reciepe if you follow the lable such as the sencie a and b you use about 8ml per gallon but if you use the new feeding chart you use about 16ml per gallon and the ppm is about 1800. any one know what would be a good start because an is confusing.

Yeah, if you go to the AN website, you'll find they have a super helpful calculator which can help you decide what to use.

In my experience, however, I would suggest using 25% less than it says you should. The AN nutes are super strong and powerful like that and some plants can get nute burn too quickly from being introduced to them.

And if your plants seem to be doing well on the low dose of AN nutes, then you can always add more - a bit harder to remove what you've already put in your grow though.

Oh, here's the link:

Nutrient Calculator | Hydroponics | Advanced Nutrients | Hydroponic Gardening

There's also an iTunes app, though I'm not sure if it works with the new iPhone 4.0.

iTunes Store

:cheer:

AN are great nutes and as everyone seems to be saying yes you can stretch them !! at 1/2 their strength they still kick ass !! I also use their big bud !!

AN are great nutes and as everyone seems to be saying yes you can stretch them !! at 1/2 their strength they still kick ass !! I also use their big bud !!

Ol hippy do you only use A/N's line up of nutes? I was thinking of doing a 3 way comparison test. Advance Nutrients vs Dutch Master's Gold vs Botanicare. But then again doing this can gt pricey with the nutes.

seems like an has upselling down to a real art form. even that nute calculator on their site, where you can choose your level of expertise from "hobbyist" to "grandmaster" reads like this to me: hobbyist, spend about $150. grandmaster, spend about $500+. and that nute calculator lays it all out, nice and easy. shit.

not that i'm hating, mind you, quite the opposite. i bought in, for about $150. i'll post my results on my grow journal here.

cheers happy people!

me to i went for it and you know its working. bud sites dont start until about the end of the second week most of the time. And i cant believe it end of my first week and i have unblieveable bud sites so im sold keep posted on grow

its the begining of the 5th week and every thing is looking great one more week and ill be useing overdrive

What additives do you use and at what wk in flower do you add boosters etc ? Thanks I'm just starting my second wk of flowering using A&N Sesi A&B bloom, using about 500 ppm at this point, seems to work better at lower levels ! When would you add big bud ,and what would you recommend for a suplement ?

I use AN and love it For flower I use about 15 different additives. There new PH perfect formula does indeed work plus alot of the new stuff is more concentrated now so you can use less. Just make sure your following the right calculator. There old one is for the pre PH perfect release and the new one is for the PH perfect nutes. I have used both and used to have to adjust my PH a lot after a reservoir change. Pirahana and Tarrantula (I might have butchered the spelling there) will make your PH rise for the first 2 or 3 days after you change the reservoir. I would bring it down to 5.3 and within 24 hours it would be back up to 6.3-6.5. For the first three days I found myself adjusting the ph two times a day until the end of the 3rd day. Day 4-7 I would only need to adjust the PH once or twice. Now with the new formula I may only need to adjust the PH once or twice a week total. I used to get signs of slight nute def because of the ph going wild the first three days after changing the reservoir. Now I dont see any of that.

I dont think you can go wrong with AN.

The way I use it is I start off in veg at 400ppm and build them up to 1200 ppm raising the PPM by about 200 each reservoir cange. When I flip them to flower I start flowering at 1200ppm to reduce any transplant stress then work them up to about 1800-2000ppm by week 4-5 after that I start bringing them back down again till about 400ppm @ harvest.

I use AN and love it For flower I use about 15 different additives. There new PH perfect formula does indeed work plus alot of the new stuff is more concentrated now so you can use less. Just make sure your following the right calculator. There old one is for the pre PH perfect release and the new one is for the PH perfect nutes. I have used both and used to have to adjust my PH a lot after a reservoir change. Pirahana and Tarrantula (I might have butchered the spelling there) will make your PH rise for the first 2 or 3 days after you change the reservoir. I would bring it down to 5.3 and within 24 hours it would be back up to 6.3-6.5. For the first three days I found myself adjusting the ph two times a day until the end of the 3rd day. Day 4-7 I would only need to adjust the PH once or twice. Now with the new formula I may only need to adjust the PH once or twice a week total. I used to get signs of slight nute def because of the ph going wild the first three days after changing the reservoir. Now I dont see any of that.

I dont think you can go wrong with AN.

The way I use it is I start off in veg at 400ppm and build them up to 1200 ppm raising the PPM by about 200 each reservoir cange. When I flip them to flower I start flowering at 1200ppm to reduce any transplant stress then work them up to about 1800-2000ppm by week 4-5 after that I start bringing them back down again till about 400ppm @ harvest.

I am a fan of what an nutes I have tried so far, mostly supplements but I'm trying their two part jungle juice right now. A change from using botanicare cns base for the last few years. I am starting to become really interested in a.n organic line. I would like to try an organic grow but am not confident enough to do it all by home made brew and composting. Does anyone know if advanced organic products work as well as the originals or ph perfect Lin? Appreciate any input :)

You will probably get an answer if you start a new thread with your questions. The last post here was 4 years before yours:)

AN is the super power of indoor gardens. I use their full line and my buds at 3 weeks old already had trichomes covering all the budding sites. My plants are all short (1.5') and really wide (3.5') from pruning and training. Every single millimeter of flower space is taken by my bushes and they only have 4" of vegetative growth on top after lollipopping and pruning out the little would-be popcorn buds. Every flower is covered in crystals and smells super dank. I suggest Kushie Kush, tarantula, piranha, bud candy, voodoo juice, nirvana, big bud, overdrive... They all increase potency, size, flavor and appearance of your buds. Do the math and see where you might benefit the most with different products.

Back
Top Bottom