Thread: AgroMax 600w Hybrid. Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

AgroMax 600w Hybrid. Thoughts?

I was looking at this bulb, and I can't find anything about it (review wise anyway).

High Tech Garden Supply

The AgroMax HYBRID Mixed Arc Tube lamp incorporates BOTH a High Pressure Sodium and Metal Halide in the SAME BULB! The AgroMax HYBRID bulb uses a high output 300 watt HPS arc tube with a spectrally enhanced 6500K "DAYLIGHT SUPER BLUE" 300 watt MH arc tube which combine to create the BEST SPECTRUM for plant growth
    Does anyone have any thoughts on it?

For a small grow with a dimmable ballast, would this bulb be worth it?

Resident Connoisseur
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Re: AgroMax 600w Hybrid. Thoughts?

I think you would be better off with a a 600W HPS and buy a conversion bulb. Id rather have 600w of MH and then 600W of HPS..not 300 of each. but thats me

420 Member of the Month (Oct 10') TorturedSoul's Avatar
    Okay, jokes over, bring back the Constitution
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'll bet that thing gets hot.
    Respectfully,
    Tortured Soul
    Apathy is evil
    "When I said I wanted to die in my sleep, I meant I wanted to be stepped on by an elephant while making love." -Roger Zelazny
    "An army, great in space, may offer opposition in a brief span of time. One man, brief in space, must spread his opposition across a period of many years if he is to have a chance of succeeding." - R. Zelazny

Old School and Young Blood (Grown by an Old Fart) - my journal (in progress)

HELP by visiting our sponsors
    PARTICIPATE by reading, learning, & teaching in our forums
    DECIDE by voting in our contests

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have done it in a 400 watt Dual arc and the results are better then 430 SHPS or a 400 watt veg. You can veg and flower just set time difference. It also produces natural fall colors in the leafs and will do this after 3 weeks. check out my link below you will see what it can do . G-13 BUDS under Full Spectrum HID
    I went to a 600watt dual arc because it is double the lumen's then 400 with just a little increase in temp 1-2c add co2 and you will see more performance