Is it safe to spray this bug killer near our plants?

RandyL

I'm between grow cycles now, and I was cleaning out my main grow room. I had some mites before, so I decided to bug bomb / fog the room to kill them.

After 15 minutes of reading can labels at Home Depot, I decided on a 3 pack of little bomb spray cans marked Hot Shot Fogger with Odor Neutralizer. It's a small 2 ounce green can and the box label is mostly green too.

Active ingredients are tetramethrin 0.10%, cypermethrin 0.60%, and "other ingredients" 99.30%.

One can is good for 2000 cubic feet.

I set off the first one with the room closed up, and it seemes to have done well. Despite the sealing, I found a few dead ladybugs 15 feet away in my veg room afterwards, so it must not take much to kill them.

I saw a couple mite webs on my mother plants, I was wondering if I could safely spray a couple short blasts in the veg room to really murder those damn mites, and put the rest of the second and third cans in the main room.

The box label gives all sorts of warnings about what to do, like remove pets and exposed food, turn off pilot lights, etc, but it doesn't say anything about plants.

Anyone know if it is safe to directly spray a few pot plants with it? They are in veg, not flowering.

Try Floramite SC instead it works well I the foggers are kinda safe but I wouldn't use them, buy like 1oz on Ebay spray it around the room with a pump sprayer. Hit your mothers under the leaves with the lights off mites come to then top of the leaf and are more easily killed then. :goodluck:

Anything you spray your plants with is going to end up in your lungs.

Not really the mothers will produce clones and anything you use has a life and breaks down plants will process this just like any other substance once it breaks down. No one is talking about spraying budded plants with a chemical. :tokin:

But mothers and a grow room you bet your ass. I know many who even dip their clones......I prefer to be super clean and pay close attention for insect damage that is the best for sure. Hey I've had my dogs bring them in from the back yard before so shit happens if you catch it early way less needs to be used. Drop the temps that helps they reproduce fast in the heat you can try neem and Azamax but I have mixed feelings about them I can taste them even in the soil. I have fought the evil spider mite a few times trust me nothing works as well for me but there are some natural alternatives too so look around.

Almost forgot predators work ok but I've never had good luck with them. You can use the flora mite with them as well.:blunt::goodluck:

Anything you spray your plants with is going to end up in your lungs.

Not really the mothers will produce clones and anything you use has a life and breaks down plants will process this just like any other substance once it breaks down. No one is talking about spraying budded plants with a chemical. :tokin:

But mothers and a grow room you bet your ass. I know many who even dip their clones......I prefer to be super clean and pay close attention for insect damage that is the best for sure. Hey I've had my dogs bring them in from the back yard before so shit happens if you catch it early way less needs to be used. Drop the temps that helps they reproduce fast in the heat you can try neem and Azamax but I have mixed feelings about them I can taste them even in the soil. I have fought the evil spider mite a few times trust me nothing works as well for me but there are some natural alternatives too so look around.

Almost forgot predators work ok but I've never had good luck with them. You can use the flora mite with them as well.:blunt::goodluck:

...anything you use has a life and breaks down plants will process this just like any other substance once it breaks down...

...you can try neem and Azamax but I have mixed feelings about them I can taste them even in the soil...

The plant may process anything you put on it, but if you can taste it, you're smoking it.

The plant may process anything you put on it, but if you can taste it, you're smoking it.

No kidding that might be why I mentioned it not being my choice, do you have anything to offer to a fellow grower or are you just gonna talk crap.

I've been growing for over 10 years and trust me if anyone whants to roll through KC and try my shit come test it. I haven't seen anything even close here and the Bay Area (Now trust me I just have not seen it yet I live in KC but its there) shit please. I went to my Dads dispensary and all they could say was.................................................................................................................................................................................Ahhhh>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Do you have any more and when are you moving out. Not much of a fourm type fellow to many know it all's.:roorrip:

...do you have anything to offer to a fellow grower or are you just gonna talk crap.

I've been growing for over 10 years and trust me if anyone whants to roll through KC and try my shit come test it. I haven't seen anything even close here and the Bay Area (Now trust me I just have not seen it yet I live in KC but its there) shit please.

I'm just going to talk crap.

Here comes some now:

I have been growing weed for about 45 years.
I can't really help out much with technical advice because I have forgotten most of what I have learned and grow mostly on instinct and mojo these days.

I have always wanted to go to Kansas City.
I hear they have some pretty little women there and I want to get me one.

While I'm looking for them, I'd like to try some of your weed.
Even if it does taste like bug killer.

You are right straight crap:smokin:

First like I said keeping your shit clean and being proactive in the grow is 1

I'll tell you what you come on out and learn some respect. 45 years but you apparently still can't read just because it took you 45 years to learn what took me 2 just tells me why I am known as the DrProfessor. You have any idea how many old timers who thought they knew some shit have come to me to get schooled. You don't have half the guts for the crap your talking I wish you would show up out here with some of your bunk ass old timer crap any time in the next month and a half I Buy Your Hotel room and make sure it has safety rails for the elderly. I'll put my weakest shit against yours all day and we can see but I don't think you'll leave with a women you'll be to DAMM HIGH good day I'm finished here:roorrip:

Oh and just a quickie I'll take facts, accurate measurements, records and skill against your MOJO any day because it seems you don't have anything decent to say........................"ah I'll just cruse the forums and talk shit because I know everything".....whatever any day all day come on out at least you could learn someone while your out here.......I'm done

I'll put my weakest shit against yours all day and we can see but I don't think you'll leave with a women you'll be to DAMM HIGH...

I have never smoked any weed that made me that high.

If your weed makes you too high for sex, it's probably that damned bug killer you sprayed on them.

It is also known to effect your sense of humor, cause your ego to swell to the bursting point, and make your skin real thin.

Actually it's this living in Missouri has made me fucking crazy so true that. Mostly it's people who think they know shit just running their mouth. Truthfully I've been laughing the whole way it's been fun. I breed reptiles to so imagine the geeks and freaks and how they like to get so yeah I'm a little quick. Plus I had to buy weed this week so excuse me I'm edgy this shit sucks.

By the way I never ever used anything until I let someone watch my grow while I was in Cali. They brought the bastards in to my shit. The lab It's spotless I don't play with them fuckers period now lose everything once and see.

Besides I don't get to high for sex but if your used to smoking that schwag you might:) What does the old timer use for control of mites you still haven't said anything I'm curious I can still learn I'm not to proud you originally posted in the reviews so what do you suggest.........I'll wait:reading420magazine:

Peace

Ego that's funny I know my shit is proper and that's it period....dude was gonna spray a bug bomb on his plants I gave a suggestion and you ran your mouth and got pieced that's not ego you came to me talking about smoking bug spray shit I don't even have any bug spray but if I had mites in my room or on my mothers sure I'll use something rather than lose all my clones and mothers. A budding plant is trash with mites on it as far as I'm concerned I'll replace it quicker that I school an old fucker. If by ego you mean confidence you have no idea. I've been around Cannabis all my life and still learn something everyday if your not learning your not progressing and that's the name of the game. You may need to fill that Mojo up and the Dr has just what you need....it's obviously not in you possession.

...What does the old timer use for control of mites you still haven't said anything I'm curious...

I don't get spider mites.
The temperature here seldom gets above 65F and the humidity is usually around 80%.
I don't think spider mites like these conditions.

Around 1990, when I was growing in Sacramento, where it's hot and dry, I did get a spider mite infestation.
I wasn't interested in "saving" the crop, just stopping the infestation, so I threw out all the plants, cleaned the grow room and put a couple of bug bombs in it.

The mites never came back.

In a empty room maybe but a lot of them have some nasty shit in them. Yeah the spider mites don't live well in the cool temps with rain blasting them to the ground. Believe it or not I was stationed at FT Lewis and don't remember ever seeing a mite there. Missouri they are everywhere in the grass when you cut it, in your garden outside it's for shit really. I've went to a grow or two and these were big 200 or more plants and really nice setup his dog brought mud and grass inside a week later all the plants were gone. I have to many good genetics to not save them so starting from scratch is not a option. I quarantined the clones and mothers and use Floramite all over the room. If there is any questions I treat the clones and mothers. I've always done well that way I had a friend use a bug bomb and not take his plants out of the room Yuck it killed everything plants included. When they have that effect on a living organism are they safe???? I've used Floramite to save so many peoples last clone or mother it does work and kills eggs real well and does not destroy the plant at all one time that's it BAM so maybe I'm biased plus those fuckers are everywhere here in KC. If your clean and make a defense bug barrier around your grow area you shouldn't need to treat the plants ever in my opinion.

Twice in 10 years ain't bad but I'm still heading to the promised land I can't wait to sit outside at the pool and light up without fear. Don't think they have them in the desert either and that is a huge plus.

Back
Top Bottom