DM Liquid Light/Saturator and LEDs

PetFlora

I searched but could find nothing on 420 about DM or Liquid Light, or Saturator so here goes.

I am on my 3rd LED grow- using a UFO 90 that I purchased from Sunshine Systems. It combines 4 spectrums of r/b. Like most older generation LEDs it lacks sufficient spectrums (especially white) to produce fat buds without supplemental lighting. It has served me well for vegging.

My bible is a 5-10 y/o TAG journal started by Pod Racer. He was using DM One and got excellent results, plus he was messing around with foliar feeding, though I don't think he was using DM products for that- they might not have been available then.

I am now transitioning to DM nutes and supplements. Two DM supplements of particular interest to me are Saturator and Liquid Light. DM recommends spraying (foliar feeding -FF) the combination directly on the leaves to increase the usefulness of the light the plants are receiving. Could this be a Silver Bullet for LED growers? Will this make my UFO 90 act like ~ 180? I am about to find out.

As an experiment, a week ago I started FFing one outdoor plant that was in 2nd week of flower. In just one week of FFing with bloom foliar 3-4Xs a day, and every 3 days with LL/S the buds have fattened up faster than anything I've ever experienced. :morenutes:

My seedlings are just 10 days old, I FFed them with P/LL (1/4 strength) for the first time 2 days ago. They are in a bubble pod with ~300ppm nutes. Late yesterday the primary leaf sets were over an inch long and a good half inch thick. This morning they are already showing the second leaf set.

Of course the result depends on how well feeding and the environment is controlled. HPA allows me to optimize that. Now the girls won't get any bigger than their genetics, but HPA allows me to get everything out of them that they have to give.

Stay Tuned.

Visit my HPA journal High Pressure Aeroponics

Hey pet flora,
This aha me very interested, I am a led grower as well, I have two of those sunshine systems 90watt ufos from this year, and 3 glowpanel 45's. I'm also about to add a flowering 240-250watt led as well and this really sparked my interest. You would absolutely recommend for led growers? Any way to see pics of the improvements? It would make sense that it would benefit leds so much since they are only producing useable light and a lot the plant couldn't take in before but couldn't now... I like the thought. But if you recommend it I will definitely look into getting some, if you have any more info or anything about it let me know. Thanks,

- Thawk

I will post pics once the babies get a bit bigger- probably by weeks end.

Go to DMs website for more info, though they are very weak in that department.

Most importantly, they have been around for long time. I trust them to toss a few bucks to find out. And I am already seeing very good results on the one outdoor plant, so why not see what LL/S and FFing will do for LEDs?

After my last 2 grows I think you need a minimum of 200 LED watts per 2 fts area.

Now let's keep in mind my UFO 90 only has b/r and really needs some white, at least to finish with fat nuggz. So, most likely, once I flip I will supplement with CFLs

Alright sounds good, my area is about 20 sq ft and I plan on having roughly 500 watts of LEDs and I'm gonna supplement with 8- 12 68 watt 2700k cfl's. Do you think that would be enough, this is my fist grow I'm going to get to flower and actually enjoy so I wanna make sure I got plenty of light to get some really dense yummy buds.

You have sufficient LED watts.

RU going solo with the LEDs until you flip?

You gonna grab some LL/P? Feel free to post a before shot or two here, if you do. That way we can see the difference in 90 vs 500 when supercharged.

since you have plenty of lights for veg, can you put up a divider (windshield reflector) in your tent and FF one side? That would be great info for everyone watching. It's the only way we will have a clue as to whether FFing with LL/S turbocharges LEDs. I am also going to FF reg nutes.

Yea I will order some as soon as I get paid, I don't think my hydro store has one... I got a couple cfl's going now but its not necessary, just to make sure the plants have more light than they can use haha. Its all on my grow in my sig that I have got to put some new pics up for today. But yea id like to see if this stuff really is gonna give LEDs the boost they need. Hopefully I'll have it all setup and ready by next week to star posting some shots. And hmmm... I have two plants, idk what strain, but they are the same age, about same height, and have been through same trauma. They also get same nutrients and mat of light... Maybe I'll separate those two and do a time lapse to show the difference if there is a big one...

I searched but could find nothing on 420 about DM or Liquid Light, or Saturator so here goes.

If you try the site's search function and it does not provide - searches based on multiple word terms on web-forums' search-engines seem to search for either word by itself even when placed inside quotation marks, for example - you can easily use Google's search engine to do a site-search. Type or paste the following line into a Google search box:
site:420magazine.com "liquid light"
You should get around 168 results. There will be some duplication as it seems to often count multiple pages in the same thread as separate results, but it's still useful.

site:420magazine.com "Saturator" gives 15 results.

site:420magazine.com "dm" gives 269 results.

site:420magazine.com "dutch master" gives 190 results.

Again, there is going to be some repetition, some overlap, and some results that just aren't useful. If someone happens to post "My girlfriend has a new showerhead and it's a real saturator," it will show up. But it still goes a long way to narrow the field.

Hope this helps. (It works for every site that isn't configured to exclude itself from the Google-bot search spiders.)

So it seems my hydro store does carry both products! I'm excited about that so I can just go pick them up soon, however I don't wanna try this yet until I deal with my spider mite problem. Torturedsoul, pet flora, any advice. I'm using azamax to protects the plants and kill them, and I just made a homemade solution that is supposed to disintegrate all the bugs on the plants. The infestation on my older plants is pretty bad, but I'm hoeing this will kill em all, regardless I can't do a liquid light/ saturator comparison til this is dealt with

It's hard to say without having all the facts..

RU using hydro or some soil/less mix?

If you can take the plants out individually you can wash them off outdoors (fine mist, but lots of it to dislodge the critters) or in the shower. It is important to keep any from getting into your medium. You might need to do this for several days until the leaves are bug free, then use the LL/S.

I am in soil, I have three larger plants that had them when they were given to me that are badly infested, I found a bug or two on some of my seedlings, and a couple on the clones I just got. I will shower em all down today and use some of the "mite eradicator" and hopefully it'll be good to go tomorrow and I can start it. I guess I'm lucky I'm having the problem now because they are all in veg

I am in soil, I have three larger plants that had them when they were given to me that are badly infested, I found a bug or two on some of my seedlings, and a couple on the clones I just got. I will shower em all down today and use some of the "mite eradicator" and hopefully it'll be good to go tomorrow and I can start it. I guess I'm lucky I'm having the problem now because they are all in veg

Another great solution for mites is SNS-217 ready to use and concentrate Spider Mite spray from our sponsor Sierra Natural Science.

Good luck on your infestation.

The infestation is taken care of and I grabbed some of this stuff and have been using it and it is incredible what it does to my plants... They look incredible and the growth rate is huge, I used it with another product on the medijuana in my grow now, it is that same age or younger than all those other plants and it is a monster! And already is stinky

Back
Top Bottom