dlg420

Looking for any advice on earth juice nutrients Anyone know anything about earth juce ? earth juice vs fox farm? HELP!:

Earth Juice is great stuff man. I suggest during VEG use EJ grow with Vegan Compost tea and maxicrop liquid seaweed. You will be shocked. I am thinking about trying the new EJ sweet and heavy stuff.

New Earth Juice Products

Hello,
I am a big Earth Juice fan and currently use it with Vegan Compost Tea, Maxicrop Liquid Seaweed, Hygrozyme and Molasses. I see the have a new product called Earth Juice Sweet and Heavy. IT comes in Three parts. Prime, Grow & Bloom. I am VERY strongly considering switching to it but I wondered if any of you have used it? Will I see a big difference? IF I do switch whould I still use the Seaweed and vegan compost tea?

P.S. I use a bubble hydro set up. Is this product a little more stable or should I still expect the crazy PH swings if I dont bubble the nutes for 24 hours first?

right now im trying to keep it simple -using ej -grow ,bloom, and catylist-I appreciate the advice as this is my 1st crop-HAPPY 420 DAY!-Dave

Looking for any advice on earth juice nutrients Anyone know anything about earth juce ? earth juice vs fox farm? HELP!:

Not sure how your growing soil or hydro but this is a great comparative on about 8 of the top nutes done in soil...Earth Juice and Fox Farms are in here....check it out, it is organized well and a very good read!! :thumb:

A top nutrient study: Which is the best? Produces most?

re: Earth Juice

Also make sure you bubble it in a milk jug or bucket for 24 hours before putting it in your soil or hydro set up. If not the PH will fluctuate and might harm your plants. But EJ is def some of the best stuff on the planet. Also never use a chemical based nute with a organic nute because the chems will kill organics.

re: Earth Juice

If you are growing organically and you keep your soil stable you will not have to PH any of your feed... I have put in feed as low as 4.3 and as high as 7.4... It's been along time since I have PH'd anything.... If you are not using RO then you need to bubble it for 12 hours ( sit out for 24) to get rid of the chlorine. Then bubble the EJ to activate all the micro life.. If it gets real foamy then your micro life needs more food. Then you need to add some food to the mix for them ( EJ Brix) Molasses or something similar... Then you will have happy little environment in your soil that will keep the ladies happy.... It sounds much more labor intensive then it really is.. most of the time at least... :yummy:

I am considering switching to EJ after reading this review after working with bio canna for awhile. The one thing I am concerned about is the ph. I know technically speaking that you don't have to adjust ph for organics, but it just freaks me out feeding my plants really low ph, I run soil, and I've always heard the ph for nutrients for soil should be on the higher side, 6.3+. I know that EJ is supposed to be airrated for 24-48 hours, and that is supposed to raise the ph, as long as you aren't using RO water. However, no one ever says how big your air pump must be in comparison to reservoir size. Air pumps are measured in LPM or liters per minute, or alternatively, gpm, gallons per minute. Anyway, I'm wondering if extra air would make the nutrient solution rise in ph more rapidly? And if so, how much air is necessary? I'm also interested in brewing my own compost teas, using earth worm castings and other organic ingredients. How big does my air pump need to be for that? I have two 30 gallon resevoirs. I've heard that generally speaking, most airpumps are pretty weak and don't deliver enough air to really get the microbial life going, but aside from that general info, I haven't heard of any definite baselines for gpm per gallon of nutrient solution/ACT. Also, the author of the nutrient study said he like to feed his EJ at like 80 degrees, maybe it was 85. That seems really high to me. I've always heard that 70 degrees is good for ACT as well as nutrient solution. I would really like to hear from people with experience using earth juice, in particular, how much you airrate it, and if you adjust the ph. All comments welcome. Thanks.

I am considering switching to EJ after reading this review after working with bio canna for awhile. The one thing I am concerned about is the ph. I know technically speaking that you don't have to adjust ph for organics, but it just freaks me out feeding my plants really low ph, I run soil, and I've always heard the ph for nutrients for soil should be on the higher side, 6.3+. I know that EJ is supposed to be airrated for 24-48 hours, and that is supposed to raise the ph, as long as you aren't using RO water. However, no one ever says how big your air pump must be in comparison to reservoir size. Air pumps are measured in LPM or liters per minute, or alternatively, gpm, gallons per minute. Anyway, I'm wondering if extra air would make the nutrient solution rise in ph more rapidly? And if so, how much air is necessary? I'm also interested in brewing my own compost teas, using earth worm castings and other organic ingredients. How big does my air pump need to be for that? I have two 30 gallon resevoirs. I've heard that generally speaking, most airpumps are pretty weak and don't deliver enough air to really get the microbial life going, but aside from that general info, I haven't heard of any definite baselines for gpm per gallon of nutrient solution/ACT. Also, the author of the nutrient study said he like to feed his EJ at like 80 degrees, maybe it was 85. That seems really high to me. I've always heard that 70 degrees is good for ACT as well as nutrient solution. I would really like to hear from people with experience using earth juice, in particular, how much you airrate it, and if you adjust the ph. All comments welcome. Thanks.

ok I know I'm late to this post, but did you ever got the EJ and did you aerated it. See I ask because I'm using it and I like the results, but haven't aerated the mix just a 3 to5 minutes stirring and immediate use. now I'm gonna doing it. but I'm just asking to get a heads up.

Hmm i wish i would found this thread a day sooner. Yesterday i got the EG rainbow mix dry and just added it to my new fox farms ocean forest potting soil. i didnt aerated it or do anything for that matter. I opened it up and i just mixed it into the soil. it called for 2-4 tables spoons per gallon. i'm in a 3 gallon pot so i added about 5 heaping spoon fulls. i mixed it up really really good and added the plant. You think i should re pot and so something differently?

take a look at my new journal.
CFL - Bag Seed - Soil - First Grow

hey_yall_007.jpg

My Hydro Store gave me several samples of this stuff .. Any good ? TY TY

this is a recipe on ej website. why the verdi fire? why not add more ej grow? their big bloomin guano is just P, is this helping any? also is this recipe too strong to replace water and use at every watering? and is this recipe acceptable in a soilless medium?

The EJ “GIANT” Grow Tea-TP
Vegetative formula

1. EJ Grow: 1Tbsp
2. Big Bloomin Guano: 1tsp
3. Catalyst: 1tsp
4. MicroBlast: 1tsp
5. Verde Fire Grow: 1tsp
6. Hi-Brix MFP: 2tsp
7. Meta-K: 1/4 tsp
8. OilyCan: 1 tsp
9. Assist: 1/2tsp
10. Bio-Righteous: 1/2tsp
11. Rooter’s Mycorrhizae 1/2tsp. If store for more than 5 days, recommend to add just prior to using.

Use with no dilution. Can store closed and vented in a cool area out of direct sunlight for 2-3 days.
Store “cold” up to 2 weeks.

This stuff is CRAP!!! I bought a gal of theirnatural liquid plant food for bloom that was a solid clay like lump in the bottom. It would take a paint can shaker from a hardware store to mix it up every time I needed to get in to it.

IMHO earth juice is not crap. True, my bloom jugs took some intense stirring and shaking the first time feeding. After that just shaking of the gallon jug. The plants are just in heaven with this feeding. Went through the whole veg cycle with the grow formula. Some catalyst microblast and meta-k. Changed the grow for bloom and am now in week 4-5. Switched to Sugar Peak grand finale at this point. Hoping they just keep going. Feeding 2x a week. Can expand on this if needed. Oh ya and brewing for 24 hours before each feeding in my DIY bubbler.

Some things just take more work.

Back
Top Bottom