Grow Tent Reviews Wanted

How about a thread on grow tent reviews? What brand/size do you have? Do you like it (or not) and why? Was it easy to assemble? Durable? Cleanable? Reflective? Lots of vents/ducts/cord ports? How light tight (when new, after a period of use) is it? With a decent ventilation setup, do you ever notice any odor getting through the walls? When you use the vents/ducts/cord ports, how well does the tent material seal around whatever you've got going through the hole (and is it a hassle)? How is the frame as far as durability, finish (if any), and weight-holding ability? Number/size of doors and "windows" and how are the zippers? Does it block any sounds? And anything else at all that you can think of.

Please also mention how old your tent is both because a new tent might not show quality-issues that could present themselves over time and because a newer tent might have been changed in some way (quality better/worse, more/less features, etc.).

Much appreciated, and THANKS to all who add to this thread.

yesterday I found a site with some reviews since I'm on the hunt as well. But I'll be damned if I can find that site now.

Secret Jardin seemed to have the best overall rating as I recall. But there was some good information on them all. I just can't seem to find it now.

How about a thread on grow tent reviews? What brand/size do you have? Do you like it (or not) and why? Was it easy to assemble? Durable? Cleanable? Reflective? Lots of vents/ducts/cord ports? How light tight (when new, after a period of use) is it? With a decent ventilation setup, do you ever notice any odor getting through the walls? When you use the vents/ducts/cord ports, how well does the tent material seal around whatever you've got going through the hole (and is it a hassle)? How is the frame as far as durability, finish (if any), and weight-holding ability? Number/size of doors and "windows" and how are the zippers? Does it block any sounds? And anything else at all that you can think of.

Please also mention how old your tent is both because a new tent might not show quality-issues that could present themselves over time and because a newer tent might have been changed in some way (quality better/worse, more/less features, etc.).

Much appreciated, and THANKS to all who add to this thread.

TS,

I have a DR 80 (31.5" x 31.5" x 63") that I bought new about 2 years ago. It's been the home of 4 grows. I haven't used or seen in person any other brand, but I can say with out a doubt it is probably the best tent on the market.

Quality is top notch, the canvas is very thick,strong,durable,reflective, light proof, washable.

Zippers are probably my favorite part of the tent. They are black and have a double fold of canvas over them 100% light tight around the zippers.

Stitching is double stitch and light tight. (there are 10 or so pinhole light leaks in the stitching)

Frame is the "weak point" compared to other tent's I researched. My model only supports 40lbs. This a non issue for me I run led's and a very light phresh carbon filter so I am not close to overloading it. The joints are hard plastic and poles are metal.

It has 3 4" vent holes one upper back(i use for exaust) two lower front(i use these for passive intake). Two 2" holes for cords ect. 1 on top 1 on bottom.
all ports have double sleeves 100% light tight.

Three mesh intake ports that can be closed with velcro accessible from the exterior of the tent.

A removable drip pan make for easy clean up of the floor.

Easy to set up and tear down by yourself (I have tore this one down and reassembled 6 times) still stands strong and looks basicaly new.

user ratings:

quality 10/10

light tight 10/10 (a few small pin holes in stitching)

assembly 9/10

frame 8/10

venting/ports 8/10

zippers/canvas 10/10

price 8/10

older pics to show tent
102_4274.JPG

102_4307.JPG

if you want any more pic (close up of vents/zipper ect) let me know and i'll snap a few

We don't need reviews from other sites, let's write our own. :)

Agreed, bro! Thousands of members and there must be quite a few that have tents.

if you want any more pic (close up of vents/zipper ect) let me know and i'll snap a few

Thank you for an excellent review (+REPs!).

Appreciated the mention of the weight-capacity of the frame. Although 40 pounds would be more than I'd ever need - since I would not be likely to install a carbon filter on the inside of a tent - I imagine that it would be pertinent information to others, and I did not post a thread requesting reviews of grow tents for only my own benefit.

And yes, I'd love to see more pictures.

Full tent shot (secret jardin DR80)
DSCN27363.JPG

close up of ducting port with drawstring
DSCN27202.JPG

ducting sleeve on inside
DSCN27302.JPG

DSCN27341.JPG

port for power cord
DSCN27242.JPG

stitching
DSCN27282.JPG

frame with corner pieces
DSCN27311.JPG

mesh vent ports (can be closed with velcro)
DSCN27231.JPG

zipper on inside (notice flaps that block light leaks through teeth)
DSCN27332.JPG

just for fun some freebies im trying out
dutch passion shaman
dinafem critical jack
GHS super lemon haze
DSCN2732.JPG

Thanks for the additional pics.

BtW, you'll probably love the SLH!

I picked up a Secret Jardin DR120 yesterday and assembled it this morning.

4' x 4' x 6'7"

Assembly was easy enough and took me maybe 15 mins.

Material feels nice and strong. Though I feel the water tray (or whatever ya call it) bottom could be slightly heavier material, but it doesn't feel like it will be a problem either.

Three upper 8" sleeved vents plus 1 on roof. (two left upper, one right upper).
Two lower vents as well, one each side.

Two cable sheaths, one upper back, one lower back.

Zippers feel very solid. Nice flaps on inside, but no flaps on outside. My light will arrive next week so I cant give a firm opinion on light seepage if any.

all in all I am happy with my decision.

quality: 10/10

light tight: no opinion till light arrives

assembly: 9/10

frame: 8/10 Strong enough I'm sure but a slightly larger framing diameter would make me feel extra secure.

venting/ports: 9/10

zippers/canvas: 10/10

price 8/10

Two "reach through" doors of pretty decent size (one each side) in addition to your normal door.

Two vent screens with full velcro covers (one each side) approx 12" x 9"

I'll be starting an 8-10 plant single strain fem seeds grow next week from germ to bloom in this tent with GS LED 600w Pro-Bloom 600W Pro-Bloom LED Grow Light | Grow Stealth LED | 3W LED Grow Lights and DWC. I'll try to update my review on the tent accordingly.

on above 4x4 tent:

After having installed two dual light cfl's during seedling plant while waiting on my LED arrival I have seen a cpl things about light penetration:

1. Where the front zippers meet there is a tiny amount of light breakthrough.
2. Vents must be totally and tightly closed or there will be light penetration.
3. duct sleeves are tight as hell to slip over. I mean an 8" exh is a tight ass squeeze in 8" sleeve. 1/4" more sleeve over the "hole" size would probably be perfect. Especially since some exh fans have wiring exposed out the top and still need to be wired up, thus creating a bit of barrier on how far sleeve can "grab and cover".

Edit: I do like this tent a lot. I also love that it has a nice zippered carrying case if/when you disassemble and need to take it elsewhere. I just hope I dont need to figure out how to fold it to fit!

bhudda bud box
1.2mtr
1.2mtr
2.0mtr

first of all i will say avoid this product at any cost the glue inside the tent was letting off some nasty ass fumes when i was running my light (600wt)
stitching was very poor indeed leaked light it was so poor it came unstitched in one of the corners its now being sent back to the shop.
100_3128.JPG

as for the frame it was very strong held light and carbon filter well plenty of venting one at the bottom and one at top for extraction fans had 3 side vents all i can say is im happy to see the back of it tbh just orderd a secret jardin tent should hopefully be here for monday will let ya know how that goes :)

Growlab model GL80L: 4'11" x 2'7" x 6'7" (outside dimensions).

Roof cross members will support in excess of 100 lbs. (I probably am pushing that with no issues...)

Not much odor - very easy to assemble and instructions are plenty clear.

It has viewing windows that can be opened with velcro, and this is kinda nice when you don't want to have to open the tent to see inside.

Highly reflective - supposed to reflect 97% percent of the light.

There is a washable removable waterproof floor - I saw one that had 40 gallons of water in it and it didn't leak! (thankfully not mine!)

There are a ton of ports and vents - plenty for almost anyones needs I'd think.

I've heard Secret Jardin's are really good, but I love my Grow Lab. Very durable and it looks and feels substantial. Zippers are very high quality, and on mine light leaks are very minimal - nothing to worry about at all.

I like the size - it's basically 5'x3' by almost 7' tall, and this is a unique size that fits somewhere between the big huge tents and the small tents -- I love the size so far.

Tent from outside:
gl80l.jpg

Here is mine, there are 2 400w fixtures in there (barely fit, had to go with a reflector that wasn't too long to get them both in there, but it works great. The Hydrofarm Daystar's fit great, just barely!) At the time of this picture, I also had a T5 in there to help with vegging new seedlings. As you can tell, it can hold a lot of weight comfortably. I have no worries about the weight of all this. Additionally, I have a 200 cfm fan/filter in there, and a 400cfm fan that cools lights that sits outside of tent and is dedicated to the lights. One nice feature of the tent, is that you can mount a fan outside on top (which is where the 400cfm is (fans/filters not visible in picture):
lights33.jpg

Pros: Durable, well made, easy to assemble, lots of ports, great strong zippers, nice size, easy access and viewing windows.

Cons: Some minor light leaks around zippers and a couple of stitching seams, but they are sooooo minor, and not an issue - also easy to fix if you wanted too.

Anybody wondering more about it can feel free to ask me questions, or check out my most recent grow journal (links in my signature)

Take care, hope this is helpful!

i luv my darkroom original...
but why did they drop the 4.5ish x 2.5ish ft models from the II lineup?
i want an additional darkroom to match another & run on opposite 12s
and the odd size & it's fit in my space are pretty much the primary selling point
that growlab is lookin good X !
=D

I had the 3x3 silver edition hydro hut. 3x3x6-1/2 . Great tent. Really strong. I could hang off it and i weight about 160. Now, i didn't want to bounce or do pull ups, but i could hang off the support bars using 2 hands w/o feet touching the ground. I think i found one pin hole. Be careful pulling the tent over its steel skeleton. This tent literally took me 5-10 min to set up. Watch the video first . Its all Letter labeled for easy assembly. I was going to get the jardin 3x3 tent, i should have, its a little bit shorter. But i loved this tent. Its really nice, it has a pull our water spill tray also and velcro straps for whatever you want. More vent holes then i could use and nice strong thick fabric. I think i got mine for like $220 shipped from greeners.

DR MKII 90 - 90cm by 90cm by 180cm

Assembly pretty easy took about 10 to 15 minutes.

Nice tough feeling material, 97% thermal reflective.

Three upper 8" (200mm) sleeved vents left & right hand side & 1 on roof right hand far corner.

Two lower 8" (200mm) sleeved vents left and right hand side.

Two lower passive vents as well with velcro covers/flaps, one each side.

Two cable sheaths, one upper back, one lower back..

Zippers pretty tough.

Quality: 10/10

Light tight: 99% very minor light can be seen through zip only if you are looking for it.

Assembly: 8/10 frame poles have different widths at each end, can be annoying when trying to get into plastic corner mounts.

Frame: 9/10

Venting/ports: 10/10 Lots of flexiabilitie.

Zippers/canvas: 10/10

Price 9/10 shop around & you can find a good $$$

LED Wholesalers GYO1009 60-Inch x 48-Inch x 24-Inch Mylar Reflective Hydroponic Grow Tent $82

Assembly easy took about 10 minutes.

Nice reflective mylar with removable bottom pan

Two 6-inch vents up top, one 6-inch down all in left corner and 2 flaps back and right bottom for fresh air

Nice strong zippers wished the middle zipped up to down .

Quality: 8/10

Light tight: 90% the passive flaps don't stay down unless you tape or put velcro strips in there small pin holes around some stitching not bad at all

Assembly: 10/10 very easy

Frame: 7/10 wish it was supported up top a little better hanging a 600watt cool tube and 6 inch 240 cfm exhaust fan strong enough for that just like to be extra safe

Venting/ports: 8/10 position of vents is a little odd and like I said about the passive flaps not staying down

Zippers/canvas: 10/10 Very happy with it overall

Price 10/10 best price I could find with free shipping

Overall very happy I'm just a nit pick, I would recommend

Does anyone know which of our Sponsors carry tents?

:thumb:

Access Hydroponic

BC Northern Lights

Dealzer

RVF Garden Supply

Supercloset, Inc. (aka Superponics)

The Grow Tower

The above are the sponsors that sell either grow tents or some kind of "fully" self-contained grow box/cabinet. I believe that I listed all of the applicable ones (apologies if I missed someone), but if anyone sees one that I missed - or if one of the other sponsors adds tents/cabinets to their product line - feel free to post a link.

Budda Room (£70.00)

IMG_09669.JPG

Company description.

100% Light Proof, Extra Strong Zips, Double bubble mylar, Flame Resistant, Quick and Easy Assembley, Double Lined,Strong Outer Material, Reinforced,Heavey Duty Plastic Corners.

Size:1.2m x 1.2m x 2m

3 x 6" Outlets

2 x 6" Inlets

IMG_09698.JPG

My Review

On Arival

Though it was a prety good price for the size, on arival there was a tear in the mylar so i got a replacment, it was very easy to assemble, was very strong material on outside almost like kevlar and seemed it would last along time, nice surfaces to clean down with the inside being very reflective, there were pin holes all over the tent making it look like a stary sky and where zips met light was easily visible, some of the stitching was a bit shit and the cuts made for the venting tubes alowed light through, the sleaves for venting tubes are to tough and doesnt seal very well, i dred having to open a sleave to thread a new wire and makes light shade changes a drag, were the light shade and carbon filter hang there are 4 bars, simple design with a flat hook on either end unfortanutly they dont fit properly and have to been pulled down and still dont give you absolute peice of mind there secure, 2 pockets on the inside of the tent for storage are very strong, there are 3 bottom vents that have velcro to hold open but nothing to hold closed and leaks light ( have to rest somthing against them to keep them closed), 2 large doors that have velcro to keep them open very handy and a removeable spill tray on the base, have 2 eyelets on each corner to keep it in place that broke the moment i tied to the frame, the frame is solid once inside the tent and seems it will last forever, all zippers seemed large and very strong, blocked the noise of my fan a fair amount but still hear the fans.

After the first harvest i was impressed (probably because it was my first tent!) and though the tent served its purpose, cleaned down and packed away bacause i was moving.

1.5 year review

So settled into my new house and was eager to get growing agian, began to unpack the tent.

Frame went up fine soild and sturdy, tent seemed to still be in good condition and took about 10 mins to construct, thurther inspection seems and threads were looking alittle looser then new, little block thats at the bottom on the main zipp broke straight off in my hand, the exterior and interior of the tent still seemed to be in good nice with the inside stil being very reflective.

IMG_09719.JPG

IMG_09729.JPG

IMG_09738.JPG

IMG_09757.JPG

IMG_09769.JPG

IMG_09787.JPG

IMG_09806.JPG

IMG_09817.JPG

IMG_098412.JPG

IMG_09856.JPG

I dont rate this tent very high out of 10, i would give Budda Room an overal rating of 3, because of the first tent being torn, the dodgy stitching, laim sealing around ducting, hanging bars dont fit properly, lower vent mesh leaks light when closed, pin holes in the canvas, light leaks on sitiching and zipps breaking.

The tent surves it purpose so thats why they dont get 1.

I got a 4x8x9 off Amazon...here is the product description....100% Reflective Mylar Hydroponics Grow Tent, Non Toxic Hydro Dark Room Box Hut, 96"x48"x78" GYO1011. I paid 165.00 and got free shipping. it uses metal poles and has a silver reflective inside. I figured it would be iffy for that price. But for my needs its great. I put it up by myself. Wasn't very difficult. If your real concerned with light tightness this is not your tent. Its not horrible but light leaks from the vents. the vents are 6" and arranged as poorly. I took pics to demonstrate. They are all on the left of the tent. one floor level and 2 up high. No place for electrical either. I used one of the vents. You can of course add your own venting locations to suit your needs.Its sturdy and does not move when opening and closing. The zippers and canvas are quite good. It unzips from the bottom up which makes no sense at all. So aside from the issues I mentioned im happy with the purchase. I have a 1000w hps and 4' four bulb t5in there and in my environment it never gets above 73 degrees f. 38 to 40% humidity I will upload some pics when i get home. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom