Boveda Humidipak

Outragedpluto

Hello everyone and welcome to my review on Boveda Humidipak 62%. First off i would like to thank :420: for having this awesome website that allows us to talk freely about cannabis.

On to the review. These are Humidipaks
P1060664.JPG
P10606651.JPG

They are a 2 way humidity control device that easily and affordable allows you to control the RH of your cure jars and just everyday storage of herb. They are made in the U.S.A.

I found these about a year ago. And i have never looked back. I wont store my bud in a jar with out one. Most bud you get, whether it be from a dude or a dispensary, its more than likely going to be on the dryer side. My stuff is almost like dust dry when i get it. Put it in a mason jar with a humidipak for a few days, not even a week, and boom you got yourself some sponge delicious bud. Allows the bud to burn slower and smoother.

Hope this review helps anyone out in anyway.

Peace out all!!!!!

They have been around in the cigar world for 10 years or so. I use a reusable Humidifier. They all work great. Happy Growing.
20140220_192440.jpg

They have been around in the cigar world for 10 years or so. I use a reusable Humidifier. They all work great. Happy Growing.

While that's true, the 62% version developed specifically for cannabis is a relatively recent development.

I Don't Cure Anymore Without The Boveda Humidipak! Advanced Or Novice, Try These Out!

I can vouch for these 100%. They don't just make a difference in the end product, they make a HUGE difference! The take all the guess work out in curing the harvested flowers!
They also last for months, which means that one $10 order will get you 12 humidipaks that will last you for at least two cures!
I posted this same thread over at another forum and turned at least 10 guys that I know of onto them!

I've been thanked over & over again for sharing this product so thanks to Outragedpluto for this post :thumb:.
But PLEASE try these if you haven't already and then you can thank Outragedpluto later!

Not often can you find products like these that are cannabis specific!
They're EXCELLENT!

:peace: & Blessings

I just found humidipacs on a 420 sponsor!!!! You can't buy them in small quantities but they are cheaper when you buy them in bulk.

Here is the link to 420 Packaging where you can get the humidipac!!
Boveda® Humidipaks

Thank you everybody for keeping this thread alive!!!!!

Buying these for my curing from now on!

hey folks...when your bovida's dry up and get stiff, simply fill a bowl with water...flip a smaller bowl upside down in the water, and place pak on upturned bowl, above the water...put a lid on this and in 2 days the pak will be re-hydrated...hth

mojo

I'm using these for the first time and am curious as to what the buds feel like to the touch after using the 62% pak's? I ask because my super tiny harvest has dried up solid feeling (no give or spongyness) using the small 62% paks. They definitely do not feel like I thought they would. Now, I am not certain that my container was 100% airtight but I have taken steps to cure that. I hope they come back a little, anyone else using these care to comment? Hoping this isn't a too good to be true product...

I haven't noticed a dryness at all. If anything, they almost feel too moist to me. Not worried about mold or anything like that--but when I put herbs that have been stored w/ the 62% packs in my vaporizer, I have to turn the temps up a bit.

I store in quart mason jar with the pack inside.

I am using the 62 RH packs in mason jars filled with anywhere from an 1/8 up to an ounce at recommended rates for the amount of bud for each size of packet and I haven't noticed in any of my jars the humidity rising at all.

Initially, I burped the cannabis into the ranges of 55-62% humidity and so I wanted to rejuvenate the stuff that was in the 50% humidity range back up to 62% humidity. I am using numerous digital LCD hygrometers that all average +-2% RH to monitor my humidity in about 20 different jars (all with different cannabis in the jars) and not one rise in the humidity % has occurred.

I have one separated food grade 5 gallon storage container with a pound of cannabis and I used the largest Boveda RH humidity pack in there and got a rise from about 50% humidity up to 59% humidity.

So, my larger RH pack worked alright but the smaller packs haven't been working. I feel let down. Maybe im doing it wrong? any sight? The climate im dealing with is the Pacific Northwest - Oregon.

Just got off the phone with customer service from Boveda. They said that its common for the 4 and 8 gram packs not to work that well and their rule of thumb is if no result add more packs because you can't over humidify your buds using the Boveda 62% humidity packs. In end, the rep told me that if possible always use the 60 gram pack.

I have the large-size Boveda 62 packs. They are in half-gallon jars. How low do I need to get the RH of a couple ounces of harvested and drying cannabis to be able to close it up and forget about in on vacation for a week with no worry of mold?
I am trying to get them into the jars sooner rather than later because my humidity is only 50% so they are getting crispier on the outside. I leave for vacation in six days and right now in the jar they show 83%. I am considering taking them out of there and putting them in paper bags for a day. What does everyone think?

I have the large-size Boveda 62 packs. They are in half-gallon jars. How low do I need to get the RH of a couple ounces of harvested and drying cannabis to be able to close it up and forget about in on vacation for a week with no worry of mold?
I am trying to get them into the jars sooner rather than later because my humidity is only 50% so they are getting crispier on the outside. I leave for vacation in six days and right now in the jar they show 83%. I am considering taking them out of there and putting them in paper bags for a day. What does everyone think?
That's not a good plan. Fresh buds will bleed off humidity faster than the little packets can absorb.

Dry to 65%, then begin your cure. Bovedas at that point are awesome.
:Namaste::peace:

Just got off the phone with customer service from Boveda. They said that its common for the 4 and 8 gram packs not to work that well and their rule of thumb is if no result add more packs because you can't over humidify your buds using the Boveda 62% humidity packs. In end, the rep told me that if possible always use the 60 gram pack.

I have dozens of Bovedas, and love them. Are you using fresh buds? If so, Bovedas won't add humidity at anything over 62%, (if they are 62s), but your buds will keep doing so - and you will almost certainly have mold.

Edit: Sorry,, I see you are going the other way. Dry buds are fine, but it's certainly possible to have too much humidity with Bovedas, and people should know this to avoid potentially ruining all their hard work.

Back
Top Bottom