Earth Juice vs Fox Farm Nutrients

HappyGrass

Hello everyone!

I have past experience using Fox Farms' full line of nutrients(Grow Big, Big Bloom, and Tiger Bloom) and boosters(Open Sesame, Beastie Bloom, and Chaching), with a variety of additives from Bio Canna & Humboldt Nutrients(I use a 50/50 FFOF Soil/Perlite mix in smart pots). But I've recently started looking at Earth Juice for a more organic source of nutrients. Does anyone have any experience using both lines of products that can state some of pros and cons to the two? What about boosters, I'm kind of skeptical about not adding any flowering boosters since Fox Farms' boosters are chemical based... Any feedback is greatly appreciated...
:420:

Super curious as well, as I happened to go indoor this year (week 3 now). I have committed these ladies to the Earth Juice, having only used the grow and micro so far... but will do a 60/20/20 grow then swap to bloom this new adventure. Sorry to hop on your train, but this is my first ever post on here... btw any good grow journal suggestions?

I've used both. I flower in 3ft.x4ft.x18in hi beds. I had good results with FF but had to replace my soil every 6 months. I switched to Earth Juice and am up to two years using the same soil. By switching I was able to build up the microbe and fungi colonies in the beds creating more of a living soil.
As far as yields go I haven't noticed a big difference. It is easier to over fertilize with the FF then with the Earth Juice. Currently I'm playing around with the Earth Juice and (from FF) Bush Doctor line plus the organic bloom from FF Big Bloom.

2 new members both in july of this year and both decided to make this their first post? Hmm I think it was some product placement going on here.

If you're talking about me, you're wrong.
This just happened to be the first post I fely like replying to. I found and joined the forum through doing research on led's.
The only time I care what product someone is using is when I'm checking the product to possibly use myself. I just happened to have used both FF and Earth Juice products under the same conditions. I'm not recommending one over the other because I'm not here to promote anything, but simply to learn more.

I just said it was suspicious. There sometimes are people who come on this site and do that. I'm doing led research myself. For that kind of money you would be stupid not to. I have a completed grow journal with the G8 450 led. You can check out my journal if you would like. Welcome to the site.

Thank you Joe and sorry if I came off a little rough there. Sometimes something said will bother me when it shouldn't. I can understand how it looked suspicious. I'll check out your journal and will also check out your GMO thread. I've been advocating labeling on the state and federal level for a few years now. I've got a background in plant science and may be able to contribute to that thread.

I haven't used fox farm nutes, but I have used FFOF soil with earth juice products outdoors with amazing results. I use earth juice in my veggie garden too, monster tomatoes pumpkins( almost 100 lb pumpkin). I have 5 watermelons that are growing out of control. Took a chance on cheaper soil and it's awesome. Didn't feed em for 5 ish weeks and I just juiced them Friday. Back on topic. I grew eight seed plants last year outdoors and pulled 2.75 elbows with no plant taller than 5 and a half feet(I wish could grow monsters just not feasible and I'm not greedy).

This is for personal use, but I don't think there's too much of a conspiracy going on when 2 out of numerous posts asks the same question if you ask me. And they could have both been mine cuz I did post the same post twice in two separate areas...

I haven't used fox farm nutes, but I have used FFOF soil with earth juice products outdoors with amazing results. I use earth juice in my veggie garden too, monster tomatoes pumpkins( almost 100 lb pumpkin). I have 5 watermelons that are growing out of control. Took a chance on cheaper soil and it's awesome. Didn't feed em for 5 ish weeks and I just juiced them Friday. Back on topic. I grew eight seed plants last year outdoors and pulled 2.75 elbows with no plant taller than 5 and a half feet(I wish could grow monsters just not feasible and I'm not greedy).

Thanks for your input sir, much appreciated

I've used both. I flower in 3ft.x4ft.x18in hi beds. I had good results with FF but had to replace my soil every 6 months. I switched to Earth Juice and am up to two years using the same soil. By switching I was able to build up the microbe and fungi colonies in the beds creating more of a living soil.
As far as yields go I haven't noticed a big difference. It is easier to over fertilize with the FF then with the Earth Juice. Currently I'm playing around with the Earth Juice and (from FF) Bush Doctor line plus the organic bloom from FF Big Bloom.

Thanks White Grape, your info is greatly appreciated. I'm looking for a regimen that will build up the living matter in my soil so I believe EJ might be the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom