LED Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Fawkes

First off I apologize I have no way to take pictures at the moment but it looks exactly like their stock photo and others you can find online right now.

Grow enviorment:

3xW, 1.5D, 5H Tent
4" ventech inline fan with carbon filter with adjustable speed controller
Hydroponic DWC and overhead feed

Preview: Sturdy, well built, refined, and bright.

Product description:

First impression after opening the box is, its nice and wide. Much wider than my ebay special 300w. Which for the duration of this review I will be comparing this product to. Very weighty and feels solid with a really nice exterior, dual intake fans, glass protective pane, and electrical outlet/cable. The fans look to be dual 120mm maybe? The glass pane the protects the LEDs appears to be very good quality, which should help prevent lost light. It also looks like it holds in the secondary lenses which are a trip to look at if you've never seem them before in person (like myself).

And lastly I love the electrical input cable. Its a plug and screw type of connector. Hard to explain but no chance of it coming loose accidentally. Nice touch.

Impression of light output and kilowatt reading:

First off the reading on my kilowatt reader is 175 with both switches on, with about 78 for veg. I think. Within expected variance of the stated output. My cheapo ebay 300w is about 190 draw.

Comparing my cheap ebay 300w (purchase price of like $90 as I recall) to this product I believe the PlatinumLED wins out for a few reasons. As already mentioned the quality is about 3x better than the ebay led. The brightness tips in favor of the Plat. LED as far as my crappy eyes can see. And it appears to have better penetration and definitely better cover. Actually much more cover. Its so bright I cant look right at the leds dead on. The ebay fixture is also hard to look at dead on but somehow the Plat. LED seems to hurt more lol.

I believe the true advantage is not going to be light output power as such, but rather the spectrum available to the plant. The old ebay led was basically red, one or two blue, and a few whites. The Plat. LED has Blue, Red, Green, IR, UV, and Yellow. I was actually surprised at how many different colors there were. This was with BOTH switches on.

Only time will tell, and even then I have no comparison to be able to make between LED and HPS, HID, ect. But for what its worth it seems to me this is a VERY good quality LED fixture for the price. I am reasonably sure it is as good as the more popular and expensive (by FAR) version out there by competitors. But cant be sure though either. However knowing certain things as I do, I wouldn't doubt it. Just IMO for what its worth.

Anyway im getting long winded so lets wrap this up ...

Conclusion:

A very fair priced LED fixture for what im sure will be come to be known as a great quality light for cheap (for now lol). The seller has GREAT customer service. Shipping was FAST (sent from the US, not drop shipped), and the quality appears awesome. The best part IMO is the warranty included. IMO 90% of business should be customer service and so long as the warranty is honored I would say this company has hit that mark.

I really believe this will be one of those things where if you dont get in this now, you will regret it when the price goes up because of demand. Then again maybe not, what do I know lol.

I use the exact same light, it has been running since august. Works great plants love it. No complaints at all. no change in my electric bill at all.

DSCN20024.JPG
DSCN20065.JPG

Thanks so much for the kind words, all! We work hard to deliver the most powerful, most complete spectrum emitting, best built LED grow lights that we possibly can.. and we really feel like we've hit that stride. The P300 is by far and wide our most popular little unit and awesome for cabinet grows and using multiple units for larger grows.

This little light is actually putting out a higher PAR reading (as per Icemud's independent review and video) than an AdvancedLED XTE series light that costs almost 3x as much! For the price, you could have multiples of our units and actually have higher PAR values with vastly increased coverage.

While only consuming an average of 185w in full flowering mode, you're hitting PAR values that are astronomical thanks to the most efficient LED drivers on the market in conjunction with pure top bin diodes. This along with an ultra complete 11-band spectrum leads to not only incredible lighting intensity, but a spectral emission that knocks it out of the park.

Direct website link: P300 :: Platinum Grow Lights

Complete PAR test results:

PAR1.JPG

PAR test video for verification! Always ask for this from your LED grow light manufacturers. It's one thing to type a number into a screen.. and another to have it verified:

[video=youtube;ccv2M_zUCS8]
[/video]

300W---100x3W-whiteCROP.jpg

Congrats on the new light Guy. I too put my new PlatinumLED P300 Grow Lights on a Kill-a-watt meter (~$20 at Homer's) and mine showed 99w on veg-only setting and 178w on full spectrum.

I can't say enough good things about mine. After seeing the way my plants have grown under it, I decided to use P300's to cover my expansion area (4'x4' tray) too.

If you want, check out my grow (about 5 weeks into veg so far)

Cheers! and welcome to the PlatinumLED family.

:cool:

have a look in my journal [link in signature] for a demonstration of what the PlatinumLED lights can do :peace:

I was a die hard HPS slag, till I saw the light, badoom'tish, and now I'm a total convert, so much so that days after receiving my P450 I bought a P300 to hang along side it in my 2.5 x 2.5 grow space - P750 ftw ;)

Some pics to add some color to this thread...all P300's

PlatinumLED.JPG
Lineup2.JPG
3x_the_love.JPG
3_amigos.JPG
my_garden_10_17_14.JPG

My son started calling me "Mr. P300" after we watched Bernie Mac in Mr 3000 last week...lol

Congrats on the new light Guy. I too put my new PlatinumLED P300 Grow Lights on a Kill-a-watt meter (~$20 at Homer's) and mine showed 99w on veg-only setting and 178w on full spectrum.

I can't say enough good things about mine. After seeing the way my plants have grown under it, I decided to use P300's to cover my expansion area (4'x4' tray) too.

If you want, check out my grow (about 5 weeks into veg so far)

Cheers! and welcome to the PlatinumLED family.

Hey yep I actually ran accross your journal doing research. Thanks for those pics as well. Truely awesome.

have a look in my journal [link in signature] for a demonstration of what the PlatinumLED lights can do :peace:

I was a die hard HPS slag, till I saw the light, badoom'tish, and now I'm a total convert, so much so that days after receiving my P450 I bought a P300 to hang along side it in my 2.5 x 2.5 grow space - P750 ftw ;)

Thanks I will take a look.

Some pics to add some color to this thread...all P300's

PlatinumLED.JPG
Lineup2.JPG
3x_the_love.JPG
3_amigos.JPG
my_garden_10_17_14.JPG

My son started calling me "Mr. P300" after we watched Bernie Mac in Mr 3000 last week...lol

Thats definately some good growing power there lol.

A picture of my girls left hand side is a Afghan Kush x Skunk and Left is Northern Lights x Big Bud they are about 90 days old and are 2 1/2 weeks into flower.

Picture taken on 10-20
DSC_006124.JPG

Picture taken 10-22
DSC_006616.JPG

Thanks all for posting up pics. Also wanted to give an update:

The plants look a bit healthier or maybe more perky I should say. But the best result so far is one of the plants was refusing to stretch at all and im in mid flower, well maybe early. And the buds were growing SUPER slow. Now they are starting to develop faster and its stretching a bit.

I also ended up hooking the old light back up for more light lol. Like Tim the Tool Man Taylor said, MORE POWER! The way I hooked it up is sorta odd due to space issues. Its on its side, on the side of the tent facing towards the opposite side of the tent so its like this ...

________
/
/

Imagine you are looking at the tent from the front, inside. The top line is the new light and the side line thats angled is the old light. Its freaking crazy bright in there now lol. For a total of about 365W actual draw.

Yep, if you got it, why not put it up? It takes quite a bit to get to the saturation point in a wide footprint and unless your plants "tap out" (bleaching, drooping, clawing under) then I'd leave it up in flower. It's also good to know what they can do on their own too, so if there is any realized benefit you'll notice it better. Wouldn't it suck if you ran two GREAT grows with them all on then just ran the Platinum's and found they did just as well? lmao

I also picked up a Platinum LED P300.

So far I have been satisfied, but I have only used it in veg. My plant as continue to grow well, everything is green, and my bill is much lower.

Here are a few progression photos.

foto_no_exif_2_2.jpg

foto_no_exif5.jpg

foto_no_exif_2_4.jpg

foto_no_exif_3_7.jpg

I always heard not to pay attention to the comparison wattage between LED vs HID. On other forums they say the actual draw of the LED is what matters and in general it should be 20 percent less in comparison to a HID.

Regardless of if that is true or not, my plants are reacting as if the light was a MUCH stronger HID. I have grown under HID, and this is my first LED. For only drawing what, 70-90 watt's from the wall, as you can see my plants are bushing out as if they were under a 300W + HID. When they are only under a P300 in Veg mode.

As I said before, I can only comment on Veg so far, but the P300 without a doubt has given me pretty damn good results. Depending on how it does in flower, I am looking to purchase a stronger one and move the P300 to a veg tent to keep a mother and Veg out new strains.

The customer service has also been good. The only issues I had with the light so far have been with the hangers. Not the ones built into the light, but the ones it came with. If you plan on hanging a light you will have your own ratchet hangers, so that wasn't really a problem at all.

So far so good.

Congratulations to all you guys! You all have really nice and clean setups! Wonderfull sights to behold!

I wish I could visit your growrooms...

Or maybe you could visit mine...We would call it:

Pimp My Growroom! lolol

Any sponsors? lolol

:Namaste:

Great review, it is an amazing light. My 3 week photo's will be posted later today.

Not trying to be negative here but why buy these lights from the re-seller when you can get them direct from E-shine who is also a sponsor here?

WG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom