M3 Michigan Medical Marijuana Mix Review

solocup

I recently had the opportunity to try out M3 soil mix.
I grew out 4 different autoflower strains with it. I would like to share the pros and cons of it in my opinion.

Pros:
1: just add water=no nutrients for most of the grow:)
2: the final product was beyond my expectations. Very nice buds.

Cons:
1: m3 mix holds too much water and is way to easy to over water.
2: there is a lot of debris in it. So many small sticks that it was popping holes in my grow bags so I was forced to switch to totes.
3: all of my totes did very well except one. They were all watered the same and had the same distance to the lights. I think that particular bag of m3 was still composting and cooked my roots? It also had a weird smell.

If I use it again I am going to add some extra perlite to help with drainage.

I would rate this product 7 of 10 and I would recommend it to someone new to growing.

Also..... If you have to add poppas perfect poop to help with flowering on photo strains,how can you make a "just add water" claim ?????

You said it all when you said "the final product was beyond my expectations. Very nice buds.

I can not ask anything more than that of a product.

I grew out 4 different autoflower strains with it. I would like to share the pros and cons of it in my opinion.

Pros:

Cons:
2: there is a lot of debris in it. So many small sticks that it was popping holes in my grow bags so I was forced to switch to totes.
3: all of my totes did very well except one. They were all watered the same and had the same distance to the lights. I think that particular bag of m3 was still composting and cooked my roots? It also had a weird smell.

I would rate this product 7 of 10 and I would recommend it to someone new to growing.

Also..... If you have to add poppas perfect poop to help with flowering on photo strains,how can you make a "just add water" claim ?????
Bag says for heavier feeding plants give some papas perfect poop !
Mine git 1 bag mmm.too start mid may
First of july another half bag on top under plants and Hybrix = molasses and fish shit soil conditioner
Beginning of aug give some papas perfect poo and then beginning of sep hit em again with papas and hybrix and fish shit every water till end

Bag says for heavier feeding plants give some papas perfect poop !
Mine git 1 bag mmm.too start mid may
First of july another half bag on top under plants and Hybrix = molasses and fish shit soil conditioner
Beginning of aug give some papas perfect poo and then beginning of sep hit em again with papas and hybrix and fish shit every water till end
Mind if I chime in? Good, didnt think so, lol.....I,m here in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and grow organic. I live on an old farm so have all access to barnyard shit. I mix 50% of my dirt and 50% M3 mix together. Put my plants in the ground at the end of May and applied PPP (papas perfect poop) around the end of July....my plants are all from 6 and a half to 11 feet high....3 are in heavy bud and the other 9 are well into flower.....this shit is unreal!

Pros:

Cons:

It holds moisture/water longer because there is Vermiculite in it which is there for that reason.....you water less.

It holds moisture/water longer because there is Vermiculite in it which is there for that reason.....you water less.
Vermiculite is interesting stuff. It helps aerate the soil mix and helps to absorb and hold onto water at the same time.

Something else that holds the water are all those small sticks and pieces of wood that people find in their potting soil mixes. The wood often shows up in the list of ingredients as "Aged Forest Products" or "Composted Forest Materials" or "Aged Bark".

Once the sticks, stems and wood chips start decomposing they release the nutrients that have been stored there since the tree started growing. The decomposition makes the wood soft and spongy which allows the wood to absorb and hold onto water. The plant roots will grow into and through the wood pieces to get the water and the nutrients plus those sticks help to act as mini-anchors to help prevent the plant from pulling out of the soil.

When the sticks and wood chips are fresh they do not provide any nutrients. That happens after they have been composted for awhile.

Back
Top Bottom