GH Waterfarm system?

ace705

How good are these system's and what's the best way to use it?
such as how long to leave air pump on or any other advice on how to best grow with it.

Thanks

I'm using the Waterfarm with the 8 buckets and a controler. It works just great. I have a timer on mine and I feed them 3 times aday for about 2hrs. One thing, keep an eye out for algae. :allgood:

Thank's fatcatzzz,do you include dark cycle in the pump interval's?
also would an added air stone in each pot improve the system?
i heard of someone who ran an extra line in each planter with air stone's
and they mentioned in the reservoir too.

No I don't include the dark period. I water 7AM-9AM, 11-1, 4-6. As for putting a air stone in each bucket isnot needed. The Waterfarm uses a bubbler to raise the nutes to the top of the bucket. Using an air stone will put more oxygen into the nute mix. Also you must run a separate air line for the air stone. The existing air line must be used along with the plastic tube that forms a venturi. This is what lifts the nutes up to the top of the bucket.

:allgood:

Thank's fatcatzzz,do you get good result's compared to other system's?
also what wattage of light are you using?i'm thinking 600 watts min.
one last question,how soon can you bud clone's with this system?

As for the results I get, they are outstanding. Know doubt there are other systems that are as good, maybe better than the Waterfarms. But the Waterfarms have done alright by me. The one thing that will help you the most is to change the nute water often. Once a week it is a must.

I have two lights that I use, 1000w MH and 1000w HPS. They do the job nicely.

I don't use my Waterfarms to clone my plants. I have a Power Cloner by "Botanicare". It does a real nice job.
:allgood:

I got the 8 bucket waterfarm system 2 months ago & immediately had problems. No matter how short i made the air lines only 2 or 3 buckets would push any H2O up to the rings and barely any at that. I ended up breaking it up into 8 individual buckets with their own dual outlet airpumps and now they kick ass. The Dual Diaphragm air pump that came with the system looks and sounds like it should push enough air for 8 buckets, but it didnt for me. I now have it hooked up to only 1 bucket and 3 of the 4 air outputs turned off.

Just bought the Water Farm, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated - this is all NEW to me, so any help I can get would be awesome

Ive used them and for my money they are too labor intensive when using w/o any resovoir add on. my plant would suck it dry in 2 days.had to tie it into a EBB n GROW.
I run my pump 24/7 when used individualy

only water w lights on to avoid excessive humidity buildup (no heat to evaporate), i have my timer set for 15min feed, off an hour... also ive found a seperate airstone (24/7) is AWESOME!!

ive also found that when ur roots r "airborne" drop ur res level so u have a drip/bubble/dwc/aero set up!!:goodluck:

sometimes those set ups have little bits of plastic that get stuck in every little orfice & have to be pushed thru w/wire to clear the way so the h20 can go through to make them opperate properly. just a thought....might wanna check that if its not working.

and i do recommend a flush product once a month to help clean the lift tube and drip rings sometimes in flower id do it every other week a day b4 res change

so i should ....buy an additional air stone?.....change the water every 2 weeks?...
and i shouldnt ....run the water continously?

how big should the small plants be before i plant the clones/seedlings in the water farm?

i recently killed lke 6 plants planting them in the water farm but reading the sucess u guys are having makes me think i shouldnt give up i just need some pointers.

u're prolly just doing 1 little thing wrong (don't know what). when u figure it out, u just have to stay out of the way & it'll grow. btw, whatever u do, don't quit. if u have access to a camera, put up a grow journal. the people on this site r the better growers out there & always willing to help. now, let's get back to work!

i just got the 8 bucket system and im totally green to it.. im used to indoor with soil.. i know this sounds stupid but how do u start the plants from seed and then put them in the system ? do u germ your seeds in a rock wool cube or can u use like a rapid rooter then clean the roots and put inside the clay pellets then add more to strengthen? this is what got me interested in using this system ..how did he grow this plant with gh floranova bllom for the entire grow?

I believe that you can either use Rapid Rooters or rockwool cubes to start your seedlings or cuttings in and when you have sufficient roots transplant to the General Hydroponics Waterfarm and cover with Hydroton clay pellets.

Back
Top Bottom