Start growing with leds - they are unreal

mrled

Im a led grow light user and i sell them. i picked 4 different companys and the ones i use are literally amazing. no heat and my plants are great!! This is my grow light set up........equivelent to 400 watts hid/hps. it rocks. my next grow will be all lowryder.....my last lowryder was perfect...and the resin....awesome. Is it just me.......but i have had nothing but females this year and im at 25 plants and all females! unreal!!

Re: start growing with led's...they are unreal

sounds awesome man. id love to see some pic of plants grown with leds
pics pics pics!

Ive been hearing a lot about led lights, but do they give you a nice yield? Man i miss growing.

I was only joking about selling them. i got shit for being so pysched about my lights and accused of selling them so im being a smartass.
I love my leds. They are expensive and picking the right company is a bitch.....but if you research and call....you'll see who is the best. I checked every site and called every site and compared my notes and what i learned from my investigating these lights with a friend in Harvard.
Then i narrowed it down to one company...and nit-picked every question i knew.....and they answered them all and explained the "things you should know" topics with me about leds. There are some huge factors you need to learn before you can understand. (im not smart....just passing on what ive lurned. lol. Anyway, 85% of all light passes through most plants. They only use 15% for chlorophyll production....the un used light( or wavelength) is ignored by the plant. So...that being said....led's (good companys) have tested these wavelengths with plants to see where in the measurement (spectrum) the plants most use the light. Tests show that the plants grow when the blue and red wavelengths are at their "sweet spots".
That being said.......and with the appropriate amount of quality leds.......and the ratio should be...ready......360 red to 60 blue. The unit i use has 8 180 diode red and 4 60 diode blue......bulbs. This is the hid/hps equivelent of 400 watts. but......all the led light is focused and usable( plants leaves look black under leds because no light is being reflected or unused) and my plants love growing right into the leds. They never burn the plants or my house down "coughs" "hps" "coughs". And with the entire unit only drawing 97 watts......and no thermal heat.....it costs me under $7.00 a month. Go figure. And to the guy who writes that yeilds are bad...ummm....thinking its you and cheap lights or not the right ratio. Yields are awesome...plain and simple....maybe not as much as outdoor(what indoor crop is?) Thanks and hoped i helped. Mr.led

Thanks man. Sounds like good info. Will you share pictures of the results?

possibly could U divulge a link or some other medium that aloows us to see the equipment U R using. I am doing an LED room as well...trying to at least!

That would B awsum if you could maybe give us A link or 2. I think there are A few of us inturested in knowing some of the info you have learned on LED.Cool Info

I have seen the UFO running. Waste of time. Hope yours work...where did u get em? UFO will not flower in recommended time, have a buddy who set a room up with 4 of em. Didn't flower and he went back to thousands only.

What LEDS are you using Procyons??? They seem to be the best but as far as yields they are not even close to HPS or MH... My friend was in High Times w/ the first LED grow and yields are not there just yet but definitely going to be the future... We will not need to have a street lamp in our house s or grow opps to receive great yields SOON... IMO they are great for people looking for head smoke or VEG but NO way ready for Cash Croppers they have a little ways to go!!! Procyon just came out w/ a $1800 lamp which I have not seen yet but they are soon to come and time will tell...

Good Luck GL1

you stoner teasing little shit why didn't you tell us what LEDs you are using
even if its just a company name and not whole links

if the links are on another forum board just PM all of us the info
that are bugging you .....

but really am itching for non marketer info on LEDS....

yes i know i talk up one of my favorite suppliers for organic farm supply but in over 40 years of doing a veggie garden with the parents as a kid and for myself and as a former greenhouse worker
not many places seriously impress me with their catalogs and web sites and this dinosaur is a pack rat for remembering and keeping really good catalogs that make good reference sources for me without having to get the big money textbook type references that lose me with tech matieral beyond what i really need

I think that is because of the balance of the LED's in the UFO. BEcause of the focused spectrums of LED's I Would think U need to B able to change the lighting structure to match the requirements of the plants at the time.

but really am itching for non marketer info on LEDS....
Agree'd.. UR name is "MR LED" and U have four posts, all in this thread. Nothing personal but it seems like U may Blining us up for a sales pitch; Something about 20+ years of sales experience is whispering to me that this may have a marketing plan behind it.

I Wish U would tell us more about the LED's UR using, the set up, ect, ect.

Looks like he flew off in his UFO.

Well Zolar.I believe you are right! mrled wont get the LED out and tell anyone anything until HIS LED machine hits the market,nice try LED.
HOPEFULLY WERE WRONG and LED went on Vacation.A lot of us are anxious to see some new developement's with the LED.

Gack Gack Gack Gack (Martians from Mars Attacks).

Funny how everyone speaks so passionately but can't post any photos. I'm recently in week 2 1/2 of flowering my 1st round of plants ever. Looking back in retro spect, It's literally amazing how many people are out there that have non-wavering opinions/techniques that have never even grown before.

Do the research-----People said I wouldn't be pleased with my plants when I flowered them under red T5s----well, tell that to the juicy little buds that are now forming on my ladies; they smell scrumdilli-delicious.

You want to grow magazine quality buds? Use the HPS or the Halide. You want low cost tasty buds for your own pleasure------very doable.........

Peace-

:bong:

You can check my 1st timers log @

AeroGarden1stTimer

The guy probaly a dip.. But.. I've picked up a few led panels and giving them a try. My first experiment will be veg with flo. The a timed mixed with HPS 400 and leds. I stuck a led panel between ( under ) a couple of plants and look like that side is budding bigger. Won't know untill the flowering is fully done.

I also have to make some comment on yeald. I read and read untill my eys nearly burned out. If you apply yeald to power cost ration then the leds will work for you. I've notice others stating the led yeald less than MPS light. That could be the true story. Here's a hypo situation. If you spent $100.00per month in power then dropped that down to, let's say $30.00 by using leds. You will save more money with using leds than MPS lights. A... yeald, let's say a 1/3 of normal. I can already here the moans, and bitching.

Some of use are on a fixe income and the $60.00 saving can make a differnts in extra food or not.

My plan is to push more clones - veg under the flo's a little longer then flower. I'm also going to give the 12/12 flowing from the vegged clones a try. The buds are a little small but the last three plants reacked 5' with the light mix as stated above and yealded after a week of drying in a cardboard box with fan inside. Yeald, right... I was able to fill five jars the size of the sugur jars(glass) used in restarants.

It's taken me almost a couple of years to get this hydro process down to succeed. Heres some tip's.

1. Keep your water below the basket. Don't let the basket with medium soak in the water. If you do you will have gunk, algea, etc.. I've found that letting the rockwool dry out will seal and prvent algea,etc. from contanimating you nut water.

2. PPM and PH meters are a must.

3. General products works for me. Find one that will work for you.

4. Bug control. Use organic or sm-90 (heard back on the market). I've been luck in the bug dept.

5. KISS.. Bucket, air pump, some baskets, medium. And light of your choice. VEG flo's. Get what's good I've spent a small $$ on reg flo's. They can work for you to help get started, but whe I when down to the Hydro store and bought the Sun T-5's wow big different in veggie growth.

6. Finally. AIR...AIR...AIR.....AIR..AIR....AIR... ok I'm calmed down. You will eliminate many of your problems with AIR...AIR... AIR... oppps there I go again... I went down to home depot and bought high CFM ( yese the cheap ones around $16-25 work great for my cabinet.. Moves a lot of air and wayyyy cost effective than the other wayyyy expensive fans...

Gack Gack Gack Gack (Martians from Mars Attacks).

Funny how everyone speaks so passionately but can't post any photos. I'm recently in week 2 1/2 of flowering my 1st round of plants ever. Looking back in retro spect, It's literally amazing how many people are out there that have non-wavering opinions/techniques that have never even grown before.

Do the research-----People said I wouldn't be pleased with my plants when I flowered them under red T5s----well, tell that to the juicy little buds that are now forming on my ladies; they smell scrumdilli-delicious.

You want to grow magazine quality buds? Use the HPS or the Halide. You want low cost tasty buds for your own pleasure------very doable.........

Peace-

:bong:

You can check my 1st timers log @

AeroGarden1stTimer

<--has photo's........

Hey---It's all good......Didn't mean to rant on that 1 post ;>

My little threesome just completed flower week 3. I have to say, I'm impressed.....if these go 8-10 then they're could be some nice formations.....

Flowering under four 24" T5---3 red 1 blue

:clap:

Back
Top Bottom