Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bring the ph up in soil

Question Bring the ph up in soil

hello all.. i'm in fox farm soil (ocean) i checked my ph of soil and it's reading 6.0 if i'm right aint that a little low?

what's a quick and affective way to bring up the ph? i'm in the 4 week of flowering..

Re: bring the ph up in soil

i found that lime will bring up the ph, now the question is how much would i use per gallon? is there a certain kind of lime i should get?

hey fast102376 go get u some ph plus . its a ph corrector. this is what i use by Hesi. ok buddy happy growing . i hope i was able to help you

Quote Originally Posted by fasts102376 View Post
    i found that lime will bring up the ph, now the question is how much would i use per gallon? is there a certain kind of lime i should get?
    Look for a water soluble lime/product,
    just for water applications to raise ph.

You could just raise the ph of the water you use also.

Quote Originally Posted by shabx1422 View Post
    hey fast102376 go get u some ph plus . its a ph corrector. this is what i use by Hesi. ok buddy happy growing . i hope i was able to help you
    cool i'll go to my local store and see if they have that product if not would it hurt to ph my solution to 7.0 for awhile intill it come's back up?

how much lime would i use per gallon?thankyou:

Quote Originally Posted by fasts102376 View Post
    how much lime would i use per gallon?thankyou:
    thanks u guys are great... lol

Sorry man, I got no clue.

There should be directions on the packaging of what ever you end up with.

anybody else?
    thanks..

i use about a cup of fine dolomite lime per cubic foot of soil, sometimes i need a bit more though. lol I either ph up my water or add liquid calcium it works well also and lasts a while in the soil.

thank you so much flyfishinrock wish me luck

420 Member

Are you growing hydro? Then the ph should be 5.5 to 6.5.

420 Member

It is safe to use white vinegar to lower ph and baking soda to raise it. You just have to experiment. Get a gallon of water and measure your vinegar or baking soda and keep checking the ph, and make notes. good luck

420 Member
    Blog Entries

if you are that worried about ph a simple ph raiser that also add N is 2 tablspoons ammonia in a gallon of water this is very fast acting for N so flush it with water and only do it aroun once in 2 weeks if your dirt is a t 6 ph is that a runoff water meas or is that a little cup of dirt and distilled water mud slurry reading actually a dirt ph of 6 should be acceptable
    dirt does not require the precision or ballancing of ph that hydro does [ natural cation buffering and balancing for mix of thing in dirt slows chem reactions down gentles them where numbers swing big in liquid hydro] look up cation exchange at a university agriculture dept website for your techies fix for the day
    you might not get lost if chemistry is up to date and it hasn't been 30 years since you had chem class some of it is common sense changes in aWATER MEDIA SHOW UP MUCH FASTER IN YOUR PLANT than changes in dirt ....

Quote Originally Posted by zolar View Post
    if you are that worried about ph a simple ph raiser that also add N is 2 tablspoons ammonia in a gallon of water this is very fast acting for N so flush it with water and only do it aroun once in 2 weeks if your dirt is a t 6 ph is that a runoff water meas or is that a little cup of dirt and distilled water mud slurry reading actually a dirt ph of 6 should be acceptable
    dirt does not require the precision or ballancing of ph that hydro does [ natural cation buffering and balancing for mix of thing in dirt slows chem reactions down gentles them where numbers swing big in liquid hydro] look up cation exchange at a university agriculture dept website for your techies fix for the day
    you might not get lost if chemistry is up to date and it hasn't been 30 years since you had chem class some of it is common sense changes in aWATER MEDIA SHOW UP MUCH FASTER IN YOUR PLANT than changes in dirt ....
    have you used ammonia in ur grow? sounds dangerous..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast