Thread: Light Mover

Light Mover

I'm wondering if anyone out there is using light movers for their grow. I'm thinking of installing one but wonder if its worth the money. I'm using a 1000w
    hps in the room with about not more than 10 plants at a time. I understand the idea behind them but wonder if its just another gadget.

Re: Light Mover

Yes ... They will double the space of your grow area and eliminate shadeing.
    Where there is secrecy, there is no truth; Where there is no truth , there is no justice ; Where there is no justice, there is no freedom. Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty ; It is the arguement of tyrants : It is the creed of slaves.

Blog Entries

My friend has one and his plants no longer look like a hula-dancer
    In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity -

Hunter S. Thompson

At looking at the store bought light movers, there are two types. One is 6 rpm and the other is 10 rpm. Is there going to be much of a difference in lighting. Any experiences?
    I'm thinking of using a 600 watt. Seems they are the cheapest to run and you can have the light real close to the plants, esp. when it is moving.
    I will buy both a conversion bulb along with the hps.
    It has been brought to my attention that a 600 may not have enough light on a 6 foot light mover.

What speed are your light movers? 6rpm, 10 rpm or DIY? Are you using 150 hps bulbs?
    Advise on your system. What type of reflective material are you using. Did you apply it to the walls, floor and Ceiling?

Thumbs up Re: Light Mover

wouldn't a hub mounted on a rail with a DPST be simpler?