Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: So you want to grow some pot eh?

Re: So you want to grow some pot eh?

As a new grower about to start my first grow up this post is really helpful.

1 question - can I keep my plants in a large converted bedroom closet from seed to harvest? Will it be big enough at appox 2.5ft deep x 6ft wide x 8ft tall for 4 - 6 plants or am I blue dreaming?

Many thanks

IS

of course you can keep them in your closet from seed to harvest, the real question is how well has the closet been converted?
    im sure you could fit four to six plants in that space...it just depends on how big they get

I'm growing 5 plants in a 2' x 3' x 4-1/2' space myself. Because of the limited height I had to top them out, but they seem to be doing the SOG thing pretty well(Sea of Green; I'm just under the recommended 1 plant per square foot). I don't expect a good yield (I'm new at this, too), but the plants are doing fine. Make sure that you can vent heat from the light(s) out of the closet. 15 square feet at the recommended 50 watts per square foot comes out to 750 watts of light (I imagine you will be going with a 1000 watt HPS setup at flowering time), so it might get a little hot.

Note: I have only been at this about 3 months, and there are many people on this site that are experts compared to me. They can give you more accurate info.

Great thread! I wish that I had read it 3 months ago. I may have been a little better prepared for what lay ahead. I'm 3 months into my first grow and I have really been enlightened. I had to learn the hard way.

Things I'll do different;

1. I'm not using soil for indoors anymore. (fucking bugs and fungus)
    2. I'm only growing outdoors in the summer. (power bill increase of 100%+)
    3. When I do use soil, I'll spend the extra $ and get good shit. No more Miracle Grow crap. ( I'm sure that's where all of the damn bugs came from.)
    I'm sure that there are more. These are the important changes.

On Vacation

Yes...I do want to grow some pot.

I want to grow my own pot.

I have grown my own pot.

I like growing my own pot.

I like smoking my own pot.

It's not so hard.

It's not so bad...

once you've gotten the basics down.

I don't need to have someone else grow pot for me.

I'll do it myself.

Thank you.

Growing weed is an art, it takes a special person to be able to grow top shelf smoke, I'm willing to bet 9/10 people will try many times and never experience a real nugg of love! Heres the best advice I can give, hang around a grower for 2 yrs, study everything he does. Then spend 1 yr just reading EVERYTHING you can about growing, take a class in botany online or in a community college. Ok now go buy a tomato plant grow it in your house untill you at least get fist size mato's. Your almost there, save every dime you have and buy every thing again so you have back-ups for back-ups. Now your ready good luck
    drama420 likes this.

The only way to get better at growing is to grow and grow and grow.

On Vacation

There is no "right" way or "wrong" way to grow.

Just grow.

And when you're done growing, grow some more.

Plant a seed in the ground.

How hard can it be?

Water it.

Watch it.

Let it be.

If it lives.

If it dies.

Whatever happens happens.

Hoo Hah

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    Growing weed is an art, it takes a special person to be able to grow top shelf smoke, I'm willing to bet 9/10 people will try many times and never experience a real nugg of love! Heres the best advice I can give, hang around a grower for 2 yrs, study everything he does. Then spend 1 yr just reading EVERYTHING you can about growing, take a class in botany online or in a community college. Ok now go buy a tomato plant grow it in your house untill you at least get fist size mato's. Your almost there, save every dime you have and buy every thing again so you have back-ups for back-ups. Now your ready good luck

Hmmmmm.....
    Growing weed is not an art.
    Growing top shelf weed is.
    Two different things.
    dr.h00k likes this.
    -- Prairie

How to grow marijuana everything you need know

If you are asking for help, click here to get better answers.

My only journal:
    Prairie's Trying Again SCROG Deep Water Culture

420 Member
    Blog Entries

Honestly, I think your first sentence about growing in your closet and how you have to have a place to finish is a little mis guided.

People Can Flower under T5 Lights. I get the Warm Bulbs and honestly it helps my yield a bit.

You can grow in that closet no problem, Just get a set of T5's and hang em in your closet and you can produce some pretty good bud.

I'm a new grower and yes you have to think of alot more than that. It's just for starters it took me at least 2 months to decide. But I'm disabled so yes I have time. Also a Jerry Rigger so were's that landfill at so i can go grab that fan! LMFAO
    dr.h00k likes this.

Blog Entries

Sheesh makes my grows look so small lmao^^^^^^^^^^^^above

Not as hard as you make it out to be, especially when your growing plants the way nature intended, Outdoors in the sun. As long as you can get a sprout going, I think it goes without saying that it is a "Weed" for a reason. It is a very versatile, adaptive, and vigorously growing plant. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to grow weed. Obviously a hydro medium requires more research, equipment, and money. However I think it goes w/out saying Outdoor trumps all. . Pre-made Miracle grow and watering when required.. really not that hard.. But if your growing a massive indoor grow op, than of course it will take a lot of work... I am just saying that if your trying to grow a small amount of good meds for personal use, it's really not that hard as long as you monitor your plant. Outdoors is the only way to truly be one with the Universe =)

And incase you want to spit on MG, i'll post some pics from my very first grow.

Maybe it was a "miracle" that I ended up with a bunch of top-shelf meds... =)

Talking to a Munchkin outside the Emerald City
    Blog Entries

When I first decided to grow. I spent months reading online and doing research. I spent a week building my box ..... after getting all the stuff ...... before I even though about getting my first clone.
    Muttt

Click ....... HERE ...... to vote for Plant Of The Month, NUG Of The Month and Member Of The Month

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast