Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Can you get ripped just from smelling good weed?

Can you get ripped just from smelling good weed?

I've taken a few malnourished fan leaves off from time to time and I squish them up in my hand before disposing right and it gets all the resins and stuff off and stinks to high hell. Personally I love the smell. Do you need to physically ingest or smoke this stuff to get an effect from it or will the smell alone give you some kind of buzz?
    Last edited by 420 Girl; 05-09-2011 at 06:19 PM.
    srjc likes this.

Blog Entries

Re: Can you get ripped just from smelling good weed?

You cannot get buzz from smell alone. The chemicals has to reaches the brain to activate the receptors to receive dopamine. However, the smell can tricker memory of being on really good weed but it's not the same.
    Last edited by 420 Girl; 05-09-2011 at 06:20 PM.
    I'm a 100% vegan (no animal products or dairy).

You cannot get high from smelling even the best marijuana- unless it happens to be on fire.

Fan leaves in particular have very small amounts of psychoactive compounds in them.

Quote Originally Posted by bigt76 View Post
    I've taken a few malnourished fan leaves off from time to time and I squish them up in my hand before disposing right and it gets all the resins and stuff off and stinks to high hell. Personally I love the smell. I put my hand in front of the cats face for a little while and now he's acting all cute (like 20 mins he's sat in the same spot just looking at me lol). Do you need to physically ingest or smoke this stuff to get an effect from it or will the smell alone give you some kind of buzz?
    Last edited by 420 Girl; 05-09-2011 at 06:20 PM.

Welcoming Committee - Member of the Month July 11' Captain Kronic's Avatar

Actually... I am of the mind that you can definitely get high from a smell... why do you think aroma therapy is so popular.
    It has been proven that the terpens in MJ can have that same relaxing, head changing effect. In fact... it is the terpens in many such things that cause our brains to react a certain way, whether that be relaxation, sleep, energy ect ect.
    So while we may not classify it as getting high... the science of head change through terpens/smell is there and it is undeniable!

I've seen growers take the fan leaves and make hash out of them. Ive never tried it, so not sure how good it is. but I think your question falls under the myth of getting a contact high.

I'm getting high just thinking about it!
    Ya mon Anything I happen to say is merely for entertaintment purposes, as I, of course do not intend to cultivate anything which is not legal.

Nug of the Month Winner - August 2012 Closet Farmer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Take a razor blade and chop it up to a fine weed powder and smell it really hard!

420 Member

I've never gotten a buzz, but a stiffy isn't out of the question. LOL

DD
    If you own 28 different foods, 65 different additives and 14 jugs of molasses and not one single book on plants, then that is the problem. WB

It's not the bow, it's the Indian. unkn

Quote Originally Posted by mandsgrow View Post
    I've seen growers take the fan leaves and make hash out of them. Ive never tried it, so not sure how good it is. but I think your question falls under the myth of getting a contact high.
    Just wondering if you can get a contact high from say trimming for long periods of time? I've never notice cause I'm usually nice and toasted, but maybe someone that doesn't smoke or very little.

Nug of the Month Winner - August 2012 Closet Farmer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHouse View Post
    Just wondering if you can get a contact high from say trimming for long periods of time? I've never notice cause I'm usually nice and toasted, but maybe someone that doesn't smoke or very little.
    The best hash in the world is finger hash!! However, I do not believe even anyone can get a contact high by being around this beautiful plant.

Ever hear of a contact high , or placebo high ? Well I would guess that's all that would happen . You'll think you're high , but that's about it . Maybe it's true , who knows , maybe you can get high from the smell , but it's illogical . THC has to be heated to around 300 degrees or higher to become activated it to get you high .

Tape a nug to your nose and go about your business for an hour and tell us what happens !
    CLICK HERE FOR MY NUTRION Q&A THREAD
    Smoked Strains: TRAINWRECK AK47 WHITE WIDOW FIRE SWEET TOOTH
    PLATNUM KUSH OG KUSH SOUR D KALI KUSH BLUE BERRY KUSH CYBER CRYSTAL DANK HASH WILLIE NELSON HAZE PURPLE HAZE PINK KUSH DREAM QUEEN HEAD BAND JACK HERER Tennessee Rose Krystal Haze (Not the fake bud) Orange Chill Blue Dream

You do get high from skin contact trim dank for 8 hrs w/o gloves and you get a buzz takes about 3 hrs to set in some of it makes eyes water can cause rashes on arms. Can make you grumpy in the morning. pam on fingers and snips alcohol clean up lotion hands fabreeze clothing O what fun. I have noticed that some people with hay fever have more intensive reactions to handling cannabis. But the smell alone wont do it
    They Pissed Me Off And Made Me Grow Inside

Quote Originally Posted by branson111190 View Post
    Ever hear of a contact high , or placebo high ? Well I would guess that's all that would happen . You'll think you're high , but that's about it . Maybe it's true , who knows , maybe you can get high from the smell , but it's illogical . THC has to be heated to around 300 degrees or higher to become activated it to get you high .

Tape a nug to your nose and go about your business for an hour and tell us what happens !
    I agree with most of what you've said, and that post made me laugh my ass off...

But I have to tell you, I got a hand-me-down vape, barely used, from a friend of a friend who "wont be needing it for a while"...

Its a decent one, has the dig. temp readout and dial, so I wondered at what temp should I use this thing. I found much to read, mostly opinions regarding the matter. Turns out, it IS a matter of opinion, as I've used this thing at as low as 260(all the way up to 440)

(The previous owner has 260 written in very small numbers on the front of this thing, must have been his preference) I prefer around 300, however, I'm telling you THC is perfectly usable at 260 degrees F, and probably slightly lower.

Shit sorry, I forgot this thread was about smell....Half a cookie tonight....

Hmm , well hat's off to you , sir .

Maybe you're right , because I've heard that if you eat enough of the bud , just straight up and nothing done to it you can get high . It's a waste though
    CLICK HERE FOR MY NUTRION Q&A THREAD
    Smoked Strains: TRAINWRECK AK47 WHITE WIDOW FIRE SWEET TOOTH
    PLATNUM KUSH OG KUSH SOUR D KALI KUSH BLUE BERRY KUSH CYBER CRYSTAL DANK HASH WILLIE NELSON HAZE PURPLE HAZE PINK KUSH DREAM QUEEN HEAD BAND JACK HERER Tennessee Rose Krystal Haze (Not the fake bud) Orange Chill Blue Dream

Quote Originally Posted by branson111190 View Post
    Hmm , well hat's off to you , sir .

Maybe you're right , because I've heard that if you eat enough of the bud , just straight up and nothing done to it you can get high . It's a waste though
    I would surely never eat straight buds, (actually I did last harvest, just because looking at them made my mouth water! Made my mouth tingle and burn for several hours!) But you're right, its a waste....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast