Can you get ripped just from smelling good weed?

bigt76

I've taken a few malnourished fan leaves off from time to time and I squish them up in my hand before disposing right and it gets all the resins and stuff off and stinks to high hell. Personally I love the smell. Do you need to physically ingest or smoke this stuff to get an effect from it or will the smell alone give you some kind of buzz?

You cannot get high from smelling even the best marijuana- unless it happens to be on fire.

Fan leaves in particular have very small amounts of psychoactive compounds in them.

I've taken a few malnourished fan leaves off from time to time and I squish them up in my hand before disposing right and it gets all the resins and stuff off and stinks to high hell. Personally I love the smell. I put my hand in front of the cats face for a little while and now he's acting all cute (like 20 mins he's sat in the same spot just looking at me lol). Do you need to physically ingest or smoke this stuff to get an effect from it or will the smell alone give you some kind of buzz?

Actually... I am of the mind that you can definitely get high from a smell... why do you think aroma therapy is so popular.
It has been proven that the terpens in MJ can have that same relaxing, head changing effect. In fact... it is the terpens in many such things that cause our brains to react a certain way, whether that be relaxation, sleep, energy ect ect.
So while we may not classify it as getting high... the science of head change through terpens/smell is there and it is undeniable!

I've seen growers take the fan leaves and make hash out of them. Ive never tried it, so not sure how good it is. but I think your question falls under the myth of getting a contact high.

I'm getting high just thinking about it! :lot-o-toke:

Take a razor blade and chop it up to a fine weed powder and smell it really hard!

I've never gotten a buzz, but a stiffy isn't out of the question. LOL

DD

I've seen growers take the fan leaves and make hash out of them. Ive never tried it, so not sure how good it is. but I think your question falls under the myth of getting a contact high.

Just wondering if you can get a contact high from say trimming for long periods of time? I've never notice cause I'm usually nice and toasted, but maybe someone that doesn't smoke or very little.

Just wondering if you can get a contact high from say trimming for long periods of time? I've never notice cause I'm usually nice and toasted, but maybe someone that doesn't smoke or very little.

The best hash in the world is finger hash!! However, I do not believe even anyone can get a contact high by being around this beautiful plant.

Ever hear of a contact high , or placebo high ? Well I would guess that's all that would happen . You'll think you're high , but that's about it . Maybe it's true , who knows , maybe you can get high from the smell , but it's illogical . THC has to be heated to around 300 degrees or higher to become activated it to get you high .

Tape a nug to your nose and go about your business for an hour and tell us what happens ! :goodluck:

You do get high from skin contact trim dank for 8 hrs w/o gloves and you get a buzz takes about 3 hrs to set in some of it makes eyes water can cause rashes on arms. Can make you grumpy in the morning. pam on fingers and snips alcohol clean up lotion hands fabreeze clothing O what fun. I have noticed that some people with hay fever have more intensive reactions to handling cannabis. But the smell alone wont do it

Ever hear of a contact high , or placebo high ? Well I would guess that's all that would happen . You'll think you're high , but that's about it . Maybe it's true , who knows , maybe you can get high from the smell , but it's illogical . THC has to be heated to around 300 degrees or higher to become activated it to get you high .

Tape a nug to your nose and go about your business for an hour and tell us what happens ! :goodluck:

I agree with most of what you've said, and that post made me laugh my ass off:high-five:...

But I have to tell you, I got a hand-me-down vape, barely used, from a friend of a friend who "wont be needing it for a while"...

Its a decent one, has the dig. temp readout and dial, so I wondered at what temp should I use this thing. I found much to read, mostly opinions regarding the matter. Turns out, it IS a matter of opinion, as I've used this thing at as low as 260(all the way up to 440)

(The previous owner has 260 written in very small numbers on the front of this thing, must have been his preference) I prefer around 300, however, I'm telling you THC is perfectly usable at 260 degrees F, and probably slightly lower.

Shit sorry, I forgot this thread was about smell....Half a cookie tonight....:lot-o-toke:

Hmm , well hat's off to you , sir . :thumb:

Maybe you're right , because I've heard that if you eat enough of the bud , just straight up and nothing done to it you can get high . It's a waste though

Hmm , well hat's off to you , sir . :thumb:

Maybe you're right , because I've heard that if you eat enough of the bud , just straight up and nothing done to it you can get high . It's a waste though

I would surely never eat straight buds, (actually I did last harvest, just because looking at them made my mouth water! Made my mouth tingle and burn for several hours!) But you're right, its a waste....

Placebo affect, lol. Yup. I had extra one time and popped a bud into my mouth and started chewing on it and tucked it into my cheek like snuff. (No reason other than I was already soaring and thought it would be funny. <SHRUGS>)

So my long-time friend who was at that time a 20-year toker was like, "WtF?"

I told him, "Here's a bud - you try it. But you've got to keep it there for like an hour." Ok, I sort of knew he would, that was what I thought would be funny... And the two buds were small, only about an 1/8th between them, so no loss (at the time <SIGH>).

So... He seemed kind of suspicious, lol, but he chewed it into a pulp and parked it in his cheek. He then had to leave. Called me the next day, said he got there from doing it... And then dried it out, smoked it, and got there again!

I just laughed, since I thought that (1) He wouldn't catch one from chewing/sucking on a little bud, (2) although the THC/etc. wouldn't dissolve in saliva, the process would surely have "knocked it all loose" and he'd have swallowed the psychoactives, and (3) it was only a lower light-starved bud anyway. Not to mention the mental image I got imagining him making sure to spit every little chunk out onto a plate and then painstakingly drying it.

And... no, I wasn't a complete pr!ck - he stopped by like every day to catch a buzz for a good three months after that because it was one of those strange times when he couldn't afford any bud and I was lucky enough to have "jars." (The situation was later reversed (minus the bud-gnawing, lol). Life's like that.)

I would surely never eat straight buds, (actually I did last harvest, just because looking at them made my mouth water! Made my mouth tingle and burn for several hours!) But you're right, its a waste....

Lol as long as they tasted good , it was well worth it .

If it's 392°F out then yes, you can get "ripped" just from smelling good cannabis. But it's doubtful on a more pleasant day. The mind is a strange, wonderful, and frightening thing, though.

Sounds like pretty nice weather to me if it gets you high .

Back
Top Bottom