I will not use red solo cups to veg my clones anymore

SweetJane

I am currently on my 4th grow. In my past grows, I was having trouble getting tight inter-nodes, I figured it was because I grow with CFLs. With my current grow I decided I was going to use some of my clones for Bonsai Mums. I got some 3 inch garden pots as recommended. I put the clones I was going to use for my grow in red solo cups.

I noticed as they vegged, the plants in the 3 inch garden pots weren't as spindly and branchy, they had very little branching as compared to the solo cup plants, with much tighter nodes. So I changed my mind, and used the plants vegged in the garden pots for my current grow, and used the solo cup plants as my bonsai mums. (trimming their root balls to replant them in the 3 inch pots)

I am VERY happy with the way my current grow is coming along. Super tight inter-nodes, they look really healthy. They did not seem to stretch as much in the 12/12, either. Advice for anyone who wants to try this for themselves, your plant will be very root bound before transplanting, so you will want to snip with garden shears or score the root ball with a sharp knife before you transplant. Make cuts or snips on each side about an inch into the rootball. Sterilize your knife or shears with alcohol before cutting.

Hope this helps someone :Namaste:

Pics

Solo_cups_01.JPG

three_inch_pots.jpg

Compare01.jpg

Week27.jpg

Week4_02.jpg

Week45.JPG

I love my solo cups. Never had an issue personally, but I only use themfor two weeks before I transplant into smart pots(5gallon)

A thoughts as to why this has occurred? Could it be chemicals in the plastic cups? Wow
i never noticed this before.

Skinny root= skinny shoots. The more space the roots have the more vigorous the shoot will be. They root up a solo cup in a shorter time frame causing stretching sooner. Factor in that the tapered cups offer less space the deeper the roots grow and ull find urself with a lanky rootbound plant within a few weeks. They're definetly not the most ideal choice for everyone but they give me a nice rootball fast and are 16 for a Buck. Til a pot can compete with that I will continue using my solos

And solo cups are a vessel for consumable goods. It is very unlikely the chemical composition has any factor in the plants growth. It'd be the first I I've ever heard of it.

I thought the same thing as cannasensei, you get a bigger root mass in the solo cup than you do in the 3 inch pots, so the plants stretch more in veg.

But by keeping them in the smaller pot you stunt the rapid growth a bit, resulting in tighter nodes, and less stretching in the 12/12. This happy accident works well for me, I grow in a 24"x 24"x64" tent, in one gallon Smart Pots. Space is a premium, so I need to keep my plants on the smallish side.

I will keep you all posted on what my yield is on this grow. I have a feeling it's gonna be bigger than my past grows. :cheer:

would never grow them that big before re potting them. Walmart sells 6 inch pots for a buck, can not beat them. much more grow room.

When you hear the words "Solo Plastic Cups", you probably get a flashback of all the parties you have attended during your high school or college years. Because that's what solo plastic cups have begun to be associated with; or represent. Over the years, these cups have been used as the most reliable beverage or drinking glasses at all kinds of parties, not just at a party of students with raging hormones. Not just for parties, these cups are used as beverage containers or glasses at school, college, or professional games; as well as at the cinemas.

These plastic cups are not just used at parties or games or at the cinemas; variants of the plastic red solo cup are also used at ice cream parlors, yogurt shops, and etc. as a disposable eating bowl. They are also used when the ice cream parlor or the yogurt shop wants to parcel the ice cream or yogurt for their customer . These cups also come with plastic lids for covering the cup. These lids are usually used when customers at ice cream or yogurt parlors want their dessert on the go parcel or take away.

These plastic cups come in various sizes and colors. The solo plastic cups used as beverage containers or glasses come in either blue or red colors. The clear plastic drinking cups are also common. They are usually available in 9 oz. or 18 oz. sizes. Whereas, the plastic cups used as containers or disposable bowls, for holding desserts, come in many different sizes and colors. They can be custom made as per your liking and order.

However, it should be remembered that these cups are not suitable for the microwave, neither for long nor short rotations in the microwave. If the cups are used in the microwave, they may melt and de-shape, or in the worst case scenario, they may even ignite and catch fire.

When you hear the words "Solo Plastic Cups", you probably get a flashback of all the parties you have attended during your high school or college years. Because that's what solo plastic cups have begun to be associated with; or represent. Over the years, these cups have been used as the most reliable beverage or drinking glasses at all kinds of parties, not just at a party of students with raging hormones. Not just for parties, these cups are used as beverage containers or glasses at school, college, or professional games; as well as at the cinemas.

These plastic cups are not just used at parties or games or at the cinemas; also used at ice cream parlors, yogurt shops, and etc. as a disposable eating bowl. They are also used when the ice cream parlor or the yogurt shop wants to parcel the ice cream or yogurt for their customer . These cups also come with plastic lids for covering the cup. These lids are usually used when customers at ice cream or yogurt parlors want their dessert on the go parcel or take away.

These plastic cups come in various sizes and colors. The solo plastic cups used as beverage containers or glasses come in either blue or red colors. The clear plastic drinking cups are also common. They are usually available in 9 oz. or 18 oz. sizes. Whereas, the plastic cups used as containers or disposable bowls, for holding desserts, come in many different sizes and colors. They can be custom made as per your liking and order.

However, it should be remembered that these cups are not suitable for the microwave, neither for long nor short rotations in the microwave. If the cups are used in the microwave, they may melt and de-shape, or in the worst case scenario, they may even ignite and catch fire.

......*slow clap*........

I have used the red solo cups for my clones with the 32oz Gatorade bottles as my humidity domes and I use rooting hormone I bought at Walmart and once they start taking off about 2-3 weeks after I take the cuttings I will transplant into a 6" pot and continue growing,I think they have worked well for me...

Puff...Puff...Give...

Back
Top Bottom