A shoutout

Heheh, I was just going over some pics of my current grow and I wanted to publicly thank Doc Bud for his interest in High Brix and his willingness to post his knowledge on 420Magazine.

I just realized that my pictures look a lot like the ones I drooled over when I decided to start growing my own meds and settled on 420Mag as my home forum. I had grown before and knew what the plant looked like, but I'd never seen the kind of glittering sticky buds that many of our members produce. It was amazing to me and I immediately raised my expectations. I wanted to be able to do that!

DSCN27962.JPG

DSCN28043.JPG

Well, now I have, and I was able to do it by following in Doc's footsteps. I've been a regular poster on other forums and I know that it can become an unwanted obligation at times - it can be hard to keep it up for years.

I'm grateful, Doc. I raise my glass to you - to Post-Prohibition! Okole maluna!

Thank you.

:Namaste:

Heheh, I was just going over some pics of my current grow and I wanted to publicly thank Doc Bud for his interest in High Brix and his willingness to post his knowledge on 420Magazine.

I just realized that my pictures look a lot like the ones I drooled over when I decided to start growing my own meds and settled on 420Mag as my home forum. I had grown before and knew what the plant looked like, but I'd never seen the kind of glittering sticky buds that many of our members produce. It was amazing to me and I immediately raised my expectations. I wanted to be able to do that!

DSCN27962.JPG

DSCN28043.JPG

Well, now I have, and I was able to do it by following in Doc's footsteps. I've been a regular poster on other forums and I know that it can become an unwanted obligation at times - it can be hard to keep it up for years.

I'm grateful, Doc. I raise my glass to you - to Post-Prohibition! Okole maluna!

Thank you.

:Namaste:

Thank you Nui loa and Mahalo very much!

Anyone can grow properly! It's not hard, and it's not expensive.

I suspect the problem cannabis growers have is cultural.....

Stealth, stoner-stories, getting lied to constantly, and don't even get me started on "nutes".....all of it is quite the opposite of free exchange of ideas and has created false mythology (PHing water, etc.) and all sorts of "beliefs" that are totally specious.

I think it's cultural too, but what strikes me is the urge to "operate" the plants, as if they were machines, which they are, organically.

I think it may be male-oriented culture. We like our tools and gadgets and we want to use them to make something happen. Hydro is almost too much fun to resist, y'know? All that mixing and pumping and measuring. We love our lights and our fans and OMG, nutes! Heheh, a little of this and a little of that and I can MAKE that plant do what I want!

But what exactly is the fruit of that labor? If I hadn't smelled, tasted, and felt the difference, I might be more interested in "winning".

Yes doc I owe you a debt of gratitude!

Happy plants!

image6014.jpg

I owe a debt of gratitude to 420mag! Why? Because it was this forum that got me started and more importantly, it is this forum that has created a free exchange of ideas that has benefited each of us immensely.

I wouldn't be here without 420mag......and that's not a perfunctory statement....it's the plain truth.

So, thanks to everyone who has benefited from my crackpot ideas, and thanks to 420 for giving us a cool place to hang out and learn!

:420:

I have to show some love to the Doc! About a year ago I decided to jump into growing my own bud. I bought chem nutes, a whole grow setup and did a bunch of reading. Luckily for me I came across Doc Bud's High Brix before I even cracked the first seed. For a measly $100 I was on board. The simplicity for me was the huge selling point. I completed my first grow not knowing what I would get. I average 3.5 ounces of bud. But how was the smoke? I circulated it around my group of friends and everyone agreed, it was some of the best bud they had ever smoked. I was absolutely stoked! The kit is nothing short of amazing and grows the best bud no matter what you throw at it! I am in love with the kit and Doc is always there when something isn't right to lend a hand. Thanks for all you do! Enjoy the vacation!

You guys are way too nice.

Posting from Montevideo....about to road trip to Colonia....then to Buenos Aires. We'll circle back next week to Punta del Este, where our place is and where we'll be meeting up with friends. I sent some Lemon Paki and Punta Roja down here....didn't use the mail or commercial airlines....but via private jet. (not me, I flew economy class....but a small package can occasionally be sent along at certain times when this plane flies down here).

So, according to my buddy here, we'll be smoking by far the best weed in Uruguay. Other growers whom I have never met will be there for una gran fiesta. Grass fed, wood grilled steaks of course.

With luck, this trip will give me a "lucky break" connection in the growing world here. They're about 10 years behind in some ways, 50 years in others.

I have to give Doc a shout out too....not for his hi brix, haven't tried it , I grow in small containers...but for steering me away from hydro. I grew my first 2 tries with MG dirt with minimal success so was going to try 'The Capn' way but came upon Docs osmocote thread, dabbled in that but settled on organic soil 12/12 from seed, like did Doc also. I couldn't be happier...low maintenance, great smoke, lots of variety for a small space. Maybe someday if I go bigger I will try the hi brix. Thanks Doc for steering me away from pH and meters, mixing nutes and over feeding. All I have to worry about is controlling my environment. Oh Doc, those solo cup mini-hempy's for seed starting are awesome...all I use. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom