My first visit to a Hydro shop, weird

bigjack

So I popped in to my local shop to pick up a few things and I was surprised how cagey the guy working there was. Admittedly I was wearing a suit (since I was working) so I probably looked a little out of place but he pretty much avoided me until I asked him to help me. And even then he wasn't exactly forthcoming with any info. Are people still this paranoid or was he just being a weirdo? I want to patronize my local businessman but that sort of experience makes me unlikely to return. It's not like I was all, "PLEASE HELP ME GROW MARIJUANA SIR"

Different places different laws. Lots of weirdos everywhere. lol I felt sketchy going into the one in my city but eventually built a rapport with them. Maybe the suit shocked and scared him lol. And where I'm from it is always referred to as 'Tomato Plants'. :)
Go back in different clothes, see how you feel everyone has off days also. There is crappy service (and advice) in all areas including hydroponics. And yes people are paranoid. Including me, that's why I wear a helmet of tin foil... jj
:hookah::peacetwo:

Mary ; Did you fold in bunny ears?
Increases proper reception!!

ha! yes of course, only to get signals in from the aliens trying to contact me about when to harvest...:rofl:

:hippy:

Different cultures in different places, because of laws, as mentioned above.

I always treat the customers like it's no big deal, but we are in California ;)

I don't refer to anything as 'tomatoes' etc.

I always say we are not plant specific, meaning if your growing grapes or cannabis it doesn't matter to us. So long as people are growing they are getting more connected with nature and Earth and the nature way things happen. That is more important then what they grow or do with it.

So many people have lost the connection with Earth that they don't give a shit about all the beauty around them. But get them to start growing a special plant in their home and they begin to realize how amazing it is :)

Different cultures in different places, because of laws, as mentioned above.

I always treat the customers like it's no big deal, but we are in California ;)

I don't refer to anything as 'tomatoes' etc.

I always say we are not plant specific, meaning if your growing grapes or cannabis it doesn't matter to us. So long as people are growing they are getting more connected with nature and Earth and the nature way things happen. That is more important then what they grow or do with it.

So many people have lost the connection with Earth that they don't give a shit about all the beauty around them. But get them to start growing a special plant in their home and they begin to realize how amazing it is :)

Unfortunately where I live you get more jail time for a bag of weed then a murderer or pedophile would. I wish I could scream about it at the top of my lungs and show everyone my accomplishments lol. and wear a bud tiara if I could. lol
The process of watching something start at a seed then grow to be a big beautiful piece of art is truly amazing. :) And yes it is very grounding and peaceful (most of the time) :peace: I have a dragon fruit plant growing along with some clones and excited to see how they turn out.
:Namaste:

In CO there are people like me and the store guys that grow and then there is the suit and tie rich people moving here to invest and make tons of money. What I have seen is us home or small growers Do not like the big money growers. Why you may ask? Well Big money guys do not care about the product mainly the money. The big reason is just like Marlboro cig company's with ton's of money like to make laws to shit on the little guys so they make more money and get rid of the little guys. You just might have been mistaken as a money guy lol...

hahaha that's funny, I too will be visiting my local hydroshop today (gotta get some botanicare pure blend bloom for soil)for the first time but I don't think it will be a big deal seeing how there are several shops around me. I will let you guys know when i get back

We have one store locally that they will not in anyway refer to cannabis....they advise on tomatoes and generally are there to feed off the inexperienced and bleed you dry.....I only go there for an emergency....they treat customers like the plague.

Another store that's a 20min drive not only employs growers but the owner is a large scale grower as well....they love your business and each person grows one of the particular line of nutes so you can actually talk with someone that uses the products they sell...my favorite store for good reasons.

why would he want to wear the other guy's clothes?

Back
Top Bottom