Always stock these items

brotherbuddz

Hello Friends! I just wanted to post a thread on extra things to keep around in case of emergencies or in case one of our equipment breaks down, it can be anything, here is what I have so far:

1) Extra bulbs (Cannot stress how important it is to have these around in case your bulb blows, I have 2 extra HPS bulbs and 6 T5s just in case)

2) Insecticidal soap (I like other am not hoping for a aphid, spider mite infestation, but you never know and if it does happen the quicker you respond the better it is)

Anybody else have anything else to add to this?

Good thoughts Brotherbuddz and JJ.

I keep an extra pair of pruning shears (Fiskars) around as I broke the first pair I owned the very first time I used them. I love those shears but learned to be careful about not trying to cut a branch that is too big or woody with them. They have a weak spot right at the pivot.

When I replace my bulbs every 8 months, I keep the old ones. The old ones can be used in emergency for few days til you run to the store.

rubber coated wire - for bending fast growing sativas.

Premium duct tape is metallic, $10 a roll, but works great.

extra timer - some do have problems - the mechanical ones can hang up on a time.

Extra temp gauges - always have 2, I use 3 lol - 1 mechanical temp/humidity gauge, and 2 electronic ones with remote sensors, temp and humidity - they all should correlate. Place them in different spots.

Beware the oscillating fan - they are plastic, and can get dirty and SEIZE - then - they catch on fire! About once a year - shut off the fan, turn it on low - and see if the motor can move the fan. A dirty, old motor will move slow or not at all - replace ASAP.
Thankfully good inline fans are all metal - but clean out your ducts now and then too (once a year ok)

And the big one - a gas generator for power outages. FTW - I got power!

DN

well the business of being a caregiver - means I can't miss a refill. I know that 'any light' can be run in the grow room to keep the plants on their light cycle. I have pulled plants and put them in front of a window, but with larger plants, in flower - there is also air exchange that has to happen - so the gas generator can run for 12 hours on a 10 gallon tank, and power not only my grow room, but my TV, xbox, and refrigerator ; )

5500 watt gen - $800. about 2.5 ounces to purchase...

DN

Wow DigitalNomad now that I think about it a generator would be a great item to have around to promote redundancy. Where I live few months ago we had this ice storm that caused a major power outage to our city, some people were without power for almost a week. My area was lucky enough to have our power lines underground so my house was okay. Funny thing was my dad's house was hit and he and my step mother and step brother had to stay at my house for two nights, I had to move my girls to my bedroom for those days lol. Not that a generator would have helped in that circumstance lol. Back to the topic i think having extra fans and also an extra ballast would be good too although that is kind of pricey. Your tip about saving used bulbs was a great idea that i never thought about!

Specifically for batteries, extra ones for your test equipment. My ph and tds pens use the hearing aid style batteries. Just had to run out to the store in the middle of the night for some. Bought an extra pack for next time.

This one is kind of expensive, but I definitely always have a spare unused carbon filter. Even if it is an inexpensive off brand I always keep one just in case. Never know when it will be needed and better safe than smelly.

Stock 2 spare pre filters for your carbon filter. When the filter gets dirty you can compare it to a clean looking one to know when to change or wash it. I was thinking what would happen if your fan went out, then you can't cool off your lights.

example :
Amazon - VenTech 4" inch Inline Duct Fan Exhaust Fan blower 190CFM with Carbon Filter Combo Scrubber

1667091928486.png

Back
Top Bottom