Would like to hear from old timers like myself - the 70s

rick3066

ok who remembers those bags of bud ..loaded with seeds?..i bought bags of columbian gold ../ red..panama red
oaxachin..michowahkahn. .(.poor spelling)...that were loaded with seeds. ..i remember buying a Lid for 35$...that would knock your socks off.. now that i have started growing ,,i need seeds. .took my ELP brain salad surgery album .. and rolled many a fatty..

lovin growin!!!
thanks all!
071314075944.jpg

Re: would like to hear from old timers like myself..the 70s

I remember Lids/Oz's being 20 bucks.
A 1/4 was a nickel...five bucks.

I remember getting quite upset when the price of the Lid doubled to 40.00

Long long Time ago...I can hear the music......

I remember 10 bucks for a lid.
Some seeds but a 1/2 joint got ya stoned for a few hrs.

WE HAD TO MAKE EVERYTHING AND BE VERY VERY CARE-FULL. MOST EVERYTHING YOU SEE AT HYDRO STORES AINT NOTHING NEW. WE DID IT ALL BACK IN THE 60S 70S AND 80S. YOU NAME IT WE DID IT. AND STREET LAMPS WERE FULL SPECTRUM LIGHTS[HID]. WISH THOSE WERE STILL AROUND. TREE HANGING FARMS. LIGHT DEP. DRIP SYSTEMS, BUBBLE BUCKETS, AIREOPONICS,
FABRIC POTS WERE GUNNY SACKS[HEMP BUCKET LMAO] BANIDI SOIL WORKED THE BEST. TRY FINDING THAT TODAY. MIRICLE GROW AND SUPER THRIVE WORKED GREAT. FISH TANK WASTES WATER FOR AQUA PONICS . VERTICAL CLOSET GROWING. ATTIC GROWS. BASEMENT GROWS, GARAGE GROWS, CONTAINER GROWS, UNDER GROUND GROWS.
SHIT I FORGOT MORE SHIT WE DID THEN THERE IS ON THE INTERNET LMFAO. I BEEN GROWING FOR OVER 40YEARS AND KNOW OF ONLY A HANDFULL OF GROWERS IN THE WORLD THAT GROW GOOD SHIT. EVERYTHING ELSE AINT EVEN AS STONY AS GOOD OLE RED HAIR MEXICAN , GOLD [ SANTA MARTA AND SANTA MARIA OR PURPLE COLOMBIAN, OR EVEN AS FUN AND GIGGLY AS PANAMA RED OR BOB MARLEYS OLE JAMAICAN GANJA.
OAXICAN WAS A STONY SMOKE, PURPLE MEX RUDIRALIS WAS EVEN STONIER THEN G.D.P. EVEN THAI STICKS SMALL MEDIUM LARGE AND THE BLACK GUMMY SHIT THAT WAS INFUSED. NOT TO MENTION THE HASH OIL AND HONEY OILS WE GOT WERE YOU CAN PUT A PIN HEAD DROP ON A CIGARETTE AND BE FUCKED UP FOR HRS. THEN ALL THE HASH BACK THEN. BLACK BUBBLE GUM, NEPAL TEMPLE BALLS, HINDU KUSH SLABS. MOROCAN RED. LEBONESSE RED GOLD YELLOW AND BROWN. AND THAT LEGENDARY WHITE BUBBLE GUM HASH THAT ONE HIT WAS LIKE A GRAM OF WAX AND THE NEXT DAY YOU WERE STILL FUCKED UP AND IT WAS ONLY PURE SHIT. MAN ANYONE REMEMBER PAPER DYNAMITE GREEN HASH, WOW ONE HIT PUT ME DOWN TOTAL GROUND LOCK [LMAO] I NEVER MADE IT TO THE COUCH.
I REMEMBER A JOINT WOULD GO AROUND 6 PEOPLE 2 TOKES AND WE WERE ALL FUCKING HIGH FOR HRS. ON 10$ A LID SHIT.
MAN ILL TELL YA WHEN ALL THESE INDOOR BREEDERS STARTED BREEDING FOR THC ONLY THEY REALLY FUCKED UP THE GOOD STUFF .
THERE WAS A COUNT OF 107 CANABENOIDS BACK THEN NOW THERE IS ONLY 87 AND MOST OF THEM ARE UNDER 5% TODAY . I REMEMBER THC WAS ABOUT 8 TO 12% WITH A FULL LOAD OF THE OTHER CANEBS ALL IN DOUBLE DIGITS . IT WAS THE COMBINATION OF GODS PERFECT GIFT TO US THAT MADE THE OLD PURE STRAIN LAND RACES FAMOUS. ESPECIALLY WHEN SINSIMILLA WAS COMING .
AROUND. DAM I BROUGHT INTO THE US IN THE LATE 70S NEPAL INDICA SEEDS. AFGAN INDICA SEEDS AND HINDU KUSH MOUTAIN SEEDS AND STARTED CROSSING THE SATIVAS OF COLUMBIAN, PANAMA AND MEXICANS AND GOT SOME PRETTY WEIRD TRIPPING KILLER d.k.s.

buy some over the border skank weed that has lots of seeds.
i always look for that shit. bad ass genetics for sure.
also quit useing plastic buckets, go to fab pots or hempy ones. you have several issues with those pretty plants.
ph wrong. nutes 3 issues and root issues. maybe a bug too cant see the leaf as close as i teach my padawans.
leaf curl,leaf wrinkle, leaf tip burn. leaf clawing starting.leaf discoloration of 2 kinds maybe 3. you most likely need to folier spray feed and use just water for about a week to corect your issues before the plant starts to hate you. IT IS TELLING YOU A VERY BIG STORY OF HOW IT FEELS AND WHAT IT NEEDS AND STILL SHOWING YOU THE POTENTIAL. ALSO DONT YOU DARE CUT ANY LEAF OFF. THAT CRAP THEY TRY AND TEACH YA IS BULLSHIT. LOOK UP RIGHT HERE THE CANABIS BIBLE IT HAS PICS OF ALL YOUR ISSUES.SO MANY OF US CONTRIBUTED TO IT AND A REALLY AWHSOME GROWER/MEMBER OF 420MAG PUT IT ALL TOGETHER FOR YOU ALL. MANY MANY CUDOS GOES TO HIM FOR THAT. ALSO RYAN RILEY SET OF BOOKS IS REALLY GOOD INFFO AND MOST OF WHAT YOU WILL NEED IS IN THAT SET. BETTER THEN EDDS OR GEORGES SHIT. THEY WONT TELL YOU ALL THE TRICKS. ALSO MORE THEN HALF THE GROW FUCK EXPERTS ON 420 WONT EITHER. I GET PRIVATE MESSAGES FROM SOME OF THEM TELLING ME I SHOULDNT TEACH EVERYONE EVERY THING. GREEDY BASTURDS. HAVE FUN. YOUR DOING FINE. SPOIL YOUR BABYS SOON SO THEY WILL GIVE YOU THEIR ALL. :)
FOR RICK

wow !! nostalgia!, thanks everyone for commenting. I am really enjoying growing...I find that I am gaining a philosophy regarding my grow.
I want happy plants! even down to topping/FIM..if you ck my journal i FIM my plant ..but I really missed. It did NOT branch out into two or three new tops . (if ya will) what I did see was spontaneous growth at all possible bud sites. and the main stem is going crazy with growth. she is 36 days today..and I think doing well,...in fact I hope to enter her in the plant of the month contest the week of harvest.
as I said in my journal..one of my friends transplanted a seedling growin in a crack in the concrete..that grew HUGE and loaded ..i say loaded with big beatiful seedless buds that were so skunky..he literally just watered it. i remember driving to his house and saw a big cola bud about a foot over his privacy fence...we went and tied it down.
NOSTALGIA
I was born in 62 so i started mid 70s...and loved smoking right away..society grabbed me for awhile..married ..kids,,and i just quit smoking..about 15 yrs...my kids are grown and wonderfull..my EX wife has become a bitch...but my plants love me! anyone out there ever heard of Wompom lake in Ill. usa?
ok im stoned
peace..and thanks for all the help

gairbud, rick3066,
Under the Forums heading, go to the "off topic forums" and click on the "Over 50 Club". Believe you would fit right in there. Come join us, wake and bake with us. We don`t bite. Just a group of old farts growing their cannabis. Experience does count. Peace.

PS,
Remember buying lbs. for $110-125 and selling ozs. for $15.

Took my first toke 40 years ago next month. I was only 15 years old and plyed drums in a rock band so getting high was mandatory. LOL! Lids were $10. Lbs were $110. We partied hearty. Over the years I burned many a good doobie. Had to quit several times due to random drug testing and a woman now and then. Drug tests from employers still means I have to be careful. The day will come soon when I tell them to shove that cup up their arse. Lis are $300 to $500 these days. Lbs are $2,000 to $3,000. Guess thats inflation for you.

afternoon gairbud

lol.... great to hear u talk of the ole days...lol u sir have been around some... I respect that..... I'm kind of an ole fuck myself, been puffin the heathin devil-weed since ''69'' off the coast Da Nang, VN ....lol and still lovin it.. any hoot, I need to know where I can get that book you spook of ''THE CANNABIS BIBLE'' did a google and it seems that ''barnes and noble'' have ''THE CANNABIS GROW BIBLE'' , is this the same book?? if so, no worries , i'll just go the pick it up at B&N is all.. thanx

this place is cool , readin and learnin ,,,ALOT...lol

be well

fringe50

Hey fringe50, know what you mean about the 'heathin' devil weed'. Twas cool in my time but folks like my parents (RIP) from the "Reefer Madness" generation were all prepared to kill anyone smoking a reefer. Funny how if back then you went to my parents medicine cabinet you could find lots of "muscle relaxers"...translation "Drugs". Some of my friends are into the "Hydrocodone" thing. Tried them myself and yes it gives you a nice buzz and my joint pain will disappear for a day or two but the stuff rips up your liver and other organs. I toked for years never knowing of the pain relief it offers. Didn't need it. But now, the stiffness in my wrists, ankles and especially my knees. A good joint sure works on that. I remember when I was a teenager and getting high. When I was sick with the flu and the aches and pains of the fever would have me down ... until I took a hit off a good joint and suddenly the yuck feeling would subside. I was still sick but at least I didn't feel like it and was ready to party.

As for the book you're looking for, I recall picking up a small paperback pamphlet sized book in the mid 70's...don't recall if it was called by that title, but it had detailed grow instructions. And like so many things from the past, it was loaded with misinformation. And to my point, why would you need that book when just about anything you need to know on growing is right here in this forum and loads of other on-line sources.

And does anyone remember the big concert halls...and how once the lights went down, hundreds of joints would light up. Still remember not having any pot when I walked in but plenty of it was passed around to me once the show started. I don't know if people still do that these days especially with it costing $300+ per oz. Anyway, I'm on the wagon once again due to an upcoming UA. Like I said, I'm reaching that age when I'm ready to tell the whole world where they can put those little pee cups. After this test I will simply tell any perspective employer that I smoke cannabis and if it's a deal breaker then have a nice day and I'll see you on the other side.

BTW Here are some of the shows I was at, Ten Years After, Styx, Robin Trower, The Allman Brothers, Fleetwood Mac, Steve Miller, The Little River Band, Seals & Crofts and so many more. I gotta tell you the kids these days and their taste in music...they just don't know what they missed.

My 1st grow was bagseed from what we called red-haired sinsamilla ( I know doesn't say much). I planted in mom's houseplants & grew out from there. Lol. Miracle Grow was the "stuff" back then. I was 16 & it was 1980's. Not around as long as some, but was on overgrown.com back in 1992-ish.
Anyway, nobody told ya much until you were around awhile. We were alot more paranoid than today too.

Memory lane love it. I remember picking a ten dollar oz of lumbo getting my concert tickets for $6.50 and $7.50. This is when you could smoke at concerts. The whole place had a cloud above it. People would bring there wine in pouch of some kind.. and black holes where just a theory. :peace:

Best weed I ever smoked was full of seeds. Ain't no modern sinsemilla holds a candle to real tropical landrace weed. Haven't had any since 1976.

Back
Top Bottom