Ethics Discussion

Srilania

In the grow journal, I've gone ahead and listed about a plant I call Orphan. It was a lone survivor of what appeared to be a ripper operation, all but one plant in expensive pots, appearing like the more decorative terra cotta, not cheap bucket pots. The survivor is in a thick, tough pro grade plastic pot.

I've got the word out with someone I trust to be able to really find out, and if the original owner's found, I plan to help them in any way I can, either by returning the orphan, or helping with clones to get back on their feet.

My question is was it ethical for me to do that, vs just leave it to die, and also to spark a discussion on pot ethics in general.

Re: Ethics Question

If it were my plant, I would be glad someone saved her. Yes it was ethical. It would have been unethical to leave her to die. I think most of us here really have a love for our plants. Who wouldn't want someone to help out their plant, even if THEY didn't get to benefit from it.

I never leave a loose dog in the streets to die, I wouldn't leave a healthy plant either. When my dog gets loose and a neighbor takes him in (and tries to find me) I am NOTHING but grateful. I'm sure if you find the owner of the plant they will feel the same way.

Re: Ethics Question

That's what I had thought as well, as I actually cried when I saw the carnage. The reason I assume it was a ripper operation is because these pots did not look cheap. I'm not talking the 20 dollar red clay pots. I'm talking the 100-200 dollar pots that look like something out of Greece, heavy looking. Even if someone was trying to quickly dump their grow, I could NOT see them throwing out what looked like at least 1400 dollars worth of pots.

Back
Top Bottom