Growers Ettiquette

Clone Etiquette, show resect & thanks by repaying with bud from harvest

• Yes of course its respectful & appreciative.

Votes: 38 97.4%
  • No,but thanks for the free smoke

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kittychick

Just wondering what the general opinion would be to the etiquette of clone repayment - ie if someone had started you off on your own plant by supplying you a plant to grow. Old school process was a respectful token of appreciation at harvest ie a nice bud to say thankyou .....or am I just being an old hippie ?

When I started groing, 4 years ago (even thou I stopped for a while in between), it was a friend of mine that tought me everything and gave me the lones. As soon as I harvested, dryied and cured I gave him a nice bud and ever since, when I try new strains, I ask him if he wants some clones of it...so yes, i thing its very polite and correct to give some buds to the ones who start you off.

:Namaste:

my dad financed my first grow and i was sure to give him the first cured bag! that's what he wanted as payment .

if it wouldn't have been for his original investment i would have never gotten started .

so yes if i was gifted a clone\plant so i could start a strain i would happily repay my gratitude with sticky buds !

That's a really cool father you have there

yea he became a cool guy in his older years .. i love showing him all the new ways to get medicated ..

I would offer a portion of the harvest and future plants. It's all about community I guess. Pay it forward and all that. Unfortunately, I have few friends that smoke and none that grow so I'm solo. But, if I ever have the chance to help someone start I wouldn't be super upset if they didn't pay it back. I'd be pissed if they didn't pay it forward though. You don't have to thank me, but share the love with someone at least. Just my 2 pennies worth. Keep growing and sharing! :volcano-smiley:

Got hooked up by friend with what I'd call premium bagseed. Been giving back every time one of them grows into a girl. ;) When it's seeds I buy, however..... ;)

Lol, I guess you guys n gals can tell I'm the only odd one out... :)

I never did like being like the masses anyhow... :laughtwo:

I used to always give a quarter or so depending on how big the harvested plant was. This was back in the 90's when it was all underground though.

I'd probably still do it these days if I was given a clone, but not if I bought it from a dispensary. In my current grow, I've only bought seeds, so nobody to repay :)

I'd probably still do it these days if I was given a clone, but not if I bought it from a dispensary.
Ever wonder why the bud tenders at your dispensary act all weird around you? It's because you never give them any bud, dude!

I'd probably still do it these days if I was given a clone, but not if I bought it from a dispensary. In my current grow, I've only bought seeds, so nobody to repay :)

Ever wonder why the bud tenders at your dispensary act all weird around you? It's because you never give them any bud, dude!

I've not noticed that, but I don't frequent dispensaries (I left in a little more from my quote). :winkyface:
I am trying to recall if I've been in one more than once. I've been to the farmers' markets in Seattle a few times.

Let me try to understand though...
As a grower, I would assume my product would be given to the owner/manager of the dispensary. Wouldn't it be up to them to have the staff sample product in order to sell it?
So if I, the grower, walk into the dispensary to deliver product, the budtenders that are there get a sample but the others don't? It would suck if your day off was the day I showed up! :rofl:

Sorry if this sounds at all inappropriate. I have no reference as my interaction is limited to the experience above. I'm truly just trying to understand the protocol/etiquette. :Namaste:
Right now, everything I grow goes to myself and 2 other people, but that could expand as my production increases over time.

Just wondering what the general opinion would be to the etiquette of clone repayment - ie if someone had started you off on your own plant by supplying you a plant to grow. Old school process was a respectful token of appreciation at harvest ie a nice bud to say thankyou .....or am I just being an old hippie ?

Kindness and generosity is ALWAYS a good idea. My friends and family never have to do without.

I work with a guy whose wife is a cancer survivor. She had massive radiation to her lungs and it destroyed a lot of bone tissue in her cervical spine. She now has scoliosis - very painful. She doesn't want to take narcotics - and she doesn't have to. And, since she only has one lung - can't smoke. They don't have a lot of money, so I make and donate a concentrate for her. It works wonderfully she says. Always thankful, not taking advantage. It is just a thing we have to do for our friends and neighbors. Besides that - I admit that I do it to a degree because it makes ME feel good.

There is even a warning in the bible to farmers to 'not glean the fields'. That means; leave a little bit behind in the field for those who may be hungry. Don't take it ALL. A good crop is a gift from God, and He doesn't mind if you re-gift. In fact He encourages it. "When you harvest the crops of your land, do not harvest the grain along the edges of your fields, and do not pick up what the harvesters drop. Leave it for the poor and the foreigners living among you. I am the Lord, your God, and I command you so. " Leviticus 23:22
Note that it is not a request, or a suggestion. It is a command. Do it.

See? My Catholic school education was good for something. It made me a better pot farmer. I wonder what Sister Mary the Terrible would think about that...

Yea, I get high with a little help from my friends.
Yea, I get by with a little help from my friends ...

From one old hippy to another - keep growing.

~ Auggie ~

If you gave me a clone and I did not kill it, you are damn sure gonna get a nice bag of buds. If you gave me seeds to grow bud, when it`s dried and cured, we both are gonna be happy. In other words old hippie growers etiquette demands a quantity goes to the one who supplied you. Or karma will take care of you. At least this 67 year old hippie lives like this. Later. Peace.

Yes, I think it would be the right thing to do.
One of my best friends help me get started, by letting me cut eight clones of some of his plants.
I gave him some of each plant when havestet, I have also gave him over sixteen clones, some of them are from the original eight, pluss three more strains.
It is nice to have a mentor, and freind

Back
Top Bottom