CMH vs HPS vs Super HPS

nibec

Hey all, lots of posts around the web about this controversy. However, im looking to gather real raw info.

Personally. I havn't touched a HPS bulb geared towards growing, however, i have used CFL, CMH, and HPS.

CFL did a great job in my mini scrogs. got about 0.4gpw on 360 watts
CMH has got me up to 0.5 GPW on a 330 watt
HPS has got me 0.9gpw on a 1000 watt

now this said all of my grows have been ONE plant. and varried veg time (3 weeks CFL, none ont he CMH, and 4.5 weeks on the HPS) and varied from soil to hydro to aero. So i cant really side by side any of them. all of them typically being learning curves to new grow mediums and styles. and different strains each time.

So now im thinking of settling down to soil, and a 400 watt ballast. (just to make things simple, and as little maint as possible)

So basically. has anyone here done side by sides, or back to back grows testing either CMH, HPS, or super/blue hps?

im looking to get the best bang for the buck out of what i purchase and am hoping to find some real numbers. Not theory, as there is tons of that, and many arguments

Worst case scenario, i will end up doing it myself. however it wont be perfect as i always just drop a seed as i dont have the time, space, nor patience to maintain a mother.

of course i am talking about using the bulb for flower. i dont really care about veg

any input would be great!

I get about a gram and a half per watt with my setup.
I use lumatek dual 600 ballasts and hortilux 600 hps bulbs for bloom. I use hydrofarm t5 ho for veg,clone,and cross breeding

19 in bloom. Sometimes up to 2 months in veg depending on the backlog. But some plants average about. . 70 per watt. But average over a gram.

Back
Top Bottom