Sorry I'm new and a little stoned - First Timer

Ricky Black

hello all!, after a bad grow, i figured i would come on here, show you what i did, maybe help others?
The reason im here is i no longer will grow, due to the fact its Hard. for seasoned growers, they will laugh at that, but a first timer is a hassle, to me anyways.
ill post pics.
i started 2 strains, from seeds i was lucky enough to get from Cheese, and what they called tootsie roll? All medical grade bud, grown for a dispen, i guess it happens? i used fox farm happy grow, and ro water.
I started the grown in a 100 degree room. First mistake, but i figured i would atleast try. i got the space to about 90-93f for most of the 18 on, 6 off. i used Cree brand 60 watt led bulbs, cool light, 800 lum. 1 bulb over one seedling, 2 over the other.
i would try to add 100 wt cfl bulbs, but the temps got crazy high, so i pretty much veged them for around a month, way short, but i had no idea on Height, how wide would the thing get, odor, was a major issue, as i needed a stealth space with little if any chance anyone would see it, hear it or smell it.
the plants showed sex, the cheese was a female! the other a male. i had topped the plants early, and didn't get it right on the cheese, but did on tootsie. figures?
after that i messed around with adding more lights, got rid of the shitty led's, and went with cfl's, it started to cool down nice at night, so i could use them, heat wasn't an issues at this point.total light for about a month was 6 100wt cfl's, 26 actual watt's used, and a 300 watt giant cfl bulb . & total bulbs, in a space, approx, 3wx3hx2.
ill get in to the grow more, and like i said post some pics. long story short, i spent around 100.dollars, and ended up with about 8 grms of bud, and around 6 grams of trim, shitty i know!

Re: Hello new here,old to the world. My grow log

I can almost smell your disappointment. I'm a first timer also, now into my 48th day of my soil grow. My temp is OK, but i had several deficiencies which will reduce my yield. I have a good basement room, with a four foot, eight bulb T5 HO fixture. Doing it when it's all new IS hard. First, I think you need a suitable grow location. My temps range between 66 and 72 degrees. I also think you need more lumens.

I hope you may come to the point where you will try again. Peace!

:Namaste:

Re: Hello new here,old to the world. My grow log

I can almost smell your disappointment. I'm a first timer also, now into my 48th day of my soil grow. My temp is OK, but i had several deficiencies which will reduce my yield. I have a good basement room, with a four foot, eight bulb T5 HO fixture. Doing it when it's all new IS hard. First, I think you need a suitable grow location. My temps range between 66 and 72 degrees. I also think you need more lumens.

I hope you may come to the point where you will try again. Peace!

:Namaste:

Hey man thank you! Ya if I could hang. 1000 wt hps , that would be fine. Due to my deal, growing is not an option,
I did however small my yeild I grew that fuker from seed to a frosty mini tree! Maybe one day!!

If at first you don't succeed, try try again.
Worst case is you take your $100 worth of gear and grow another crop, hopefully producing more bud whilst learning from your mistakes.
Not everyone nails their first grow with a big yield.
Don't give up yet.
Cheers

And in addition to Dutty's suggestions I would add the following:

Start with clones, or sexed seeds. Why put up with the hassle of dealing with sexing? You are not a breeder ...
Start with an easier genetic. OG18, AK-47, Blue Dream, etc. Those girls WANT to grow. No coaxing needed.

My first grow was a complete disaster. I did EVERYTHING wrong. I brought an experienced friend in to look at it for advice. After spending about five minutes looking, shaking his head and muttering to himself he said, "You don't have a garden here - you have a torture chamber." LoL.

Learn to walk before attempting the Boston Marathon.

~ Auggie ~

Growing isn't hard. You just have to know what the plant's needs are and be very careful with the light cycles, particularly once you go 12/12. Patience is the real challenge, for me at least.

Reading is fundamental...and there is so much learning material here, the risk of failure should be much less...stuff I have learned here has brought me two successful grows...the second better than the first...looking forward to the spring!!...but not before a six week vacay in Mexico!...lolool...h00k...

Be careful in Mexico Doc. They fighting a civil war in parts of it, and the cops there are ... well, ya just never know what to expect. The cops there are more corrupt than even Chicago.
Please DO NOT try to bring any contraband back. Driving back can be very risky (hell, driving there at all is risky). Smugglers will sometimes hide stuff in/on your car (wheel wells, bumpers, etc) and follow you across. If you make it they snag it when you leave your car. If you don't make it you do five years in a Mexican jail.

Be careful.

~ Auggie ~

No worries Auggie...been going to the same place for 14 years now...its all good(cept for a few years ago...got a lil goofy...mexicans killing mexicans...pretty much all drug related)...I walk about 10 miles a day exploring different neighborhoods...never an issue...but thanks fer Yer concern...Feliz Navidad...h00k...

Back
Top Bottom