Low budget way to get rid of weed odor

rillos

:420: If you need to get rid of some dank from your grow room. I run my exhaust into a 20 lb. bag of charcoal. Tie it tight and issued solved. Now as you can tell from the pic this is my basement. Don't know about the effects inside a bedroom closet. :peace:

20150105_155202.jpg

i do something similar I put a few handfull into panty hose,drop them into my exhaust pipe,never thought of running hose into bag

after they wear out,right into the bbq pile

good diy rillos

bud washing brotherbudz

outdoor plants have way more dust,dirt than indoor

best way maybe to empty charcoal bag and only use the solid pieces.Ill try the whole bag and see what it does

my only concern is the back pressure on the fan,heating it up

It works perfect. Charcoal bags have a liner inside to prevent dust from escaping. Notice in my Pic I have a blue well pump. You can see it's still blue with no dust. 6 weeks of flowering and no smell, no dust and I will reuse this bag when it's time to do some grilling.

6 weeks of flowering and no smell, no dust and I will reuse this bag when it's time to do some grilling.

might make for an interesting smell when they burn ...
and I wonder if it would impart a taste to your ribs ...

I don't have to worry about a smell with my indoor grow - the WHOLE damn neighborhood grows. In and out doors. October in my neighborhood is an olfactory orgasm. (google it)

~ Auggie ~

October in my neighborhood is an olfactory orgasm.

:rofl: lmfao

this works,I cant say for all smells,but it did help for my veg room.

my problem is IN MY CASE it heated my room up,because I use the lights and ducting as a unit,I couldnt run my fans faster,move more air in order to keep bulbs cool,the bag needs holes in my case,and that would render it useless,I have to move a pretty good amount of air,to maintain temperature

if I put up my tent or use a smaller room,this is a great possibility for under 10 bucks.

ive never thought of that i have hung an old potato sack around the room with some coal but never thought of doing it in the bag itself let us know if it helps the odor and did you try to break up the coals so that it can hit more surface area of coal....Stay Smoked Out 4 Life

Hmmmm. Interesting. I may have to try this in my carbon filter for emergency preparedness. Have been dreading the time my carbon loses it's powers because I may only be able to replace by mail and it's Really Heavy.

If ya bbq,there is zero reasons not to experiment with this idea,for under 10 bucks there is some real possibilities here,fan speed is key

weaselcracker---activated carbon can be had for 1 per lbs on fleabay

You guys may be on to something there Fellas....If in the future i walk into my home depot and see a bag of lump charcoal with the wording Smokey coals for the better BAKED in flavours then i will think back on this post lol

If ya bbq,there is zero reasons not to experiment with this idea,for under 10 bucks there is some real possibilities here,fan speed is key

weaselcracker---activated carbon can be had for 1 per lbs on fleabay

Thanks for the tip C526 I need about 60 pounds at a time for my filter but that sounds doable. And thanks for this idea too Rillos. Sounds like you could have a good side business with your flavored meats

Back
Top Bottom